Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forum & Gallery Guidelines - Please Read (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314)

FILIPPOK 11-11-2016 06:45 AM

Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access.
I ask for help.

FILIPPOK 11-11-2016 06:47 AM

Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access. I ask for help.

FILIPPOK 11-12-2016 04:25 AM

Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access. I ask for help.

alison239 11-13-2016 11:52 AM

Deleting photos

I have uploaded my first photo to the gallery and realised I had resized it too small. I would like to delete it and upload it again so it appears bigger when viewed on the gallery. I am unsure how this can be done and would appreciate your help. TIA

MelindaH 11-13-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alison239 (Post 1062848787)
I have uploaded my first photo to the gallery and realised I had resized it too small. I would like to delete it and upload it again so it appears bigger when viewed on the gallery. I am unsure how this can be done and would appreciate your help. TIA

I think there is an edit button and you can re-upload your page right over the top of your existing page. I'm on my phone so I can't see the gallery to tell you for sure, but someone else will probably jump in, too. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Libby Pritchett 11-13-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alison239 (Post 1062848787)

Hi there!

It's because we have some spam-filters in place until you have 10 posts. I've changed your forum permissions, so you should have a little more freedom now. Still, it won't all be lifted until you have 10 posts. You can bump that number up quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

Tedip 12-11-2016 02:47 PM

I'm also new in posting pages. Is there a size limitation on the page size when posting to the gallery and in challenges?

Libby Pritchett 12-11-2016 04:06 PM

Hi there! Yes, layouts need to be 700x700 pixels and below 250kb in size. I'd probably go no more than 245 or so just to be on the safe side.

jennmccabe 12-19-2016 12:55 PM

read & understood, thanks so much!

DancingPrincessDesigns 02-06-2017 02:59 PM

I'm currently unable to leave some love in the gallery...I understand from previous posts on this thread that some kind of adjustment may need to be made on the back end? I'm hoping that by posting here, it might be fixed when someone has a moment. Thank you!! Can't wait to comment in the gallery...so much beautiful stuff there!

NellahBean 02-06-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingPrincessDesigns (Post 1062862558)
I'm currently unable to leave some love in the gallery...I understand from previous posts on this thread that some kind of adjustment may need to be made on the back end? I'm hoping that by posting here, it might be fixed when someone has a moment. Thank you!! Can't wait to comment in the gallery...so much beautiful stuff there!

Hi Jenn! I've let the admins know! Hopefully they'll be along soon to help out! :)

Libby Pritchett 02-06-2017 03:27 PM

Gotcha fixed, Jenn! If you notice any other weird stuff, it should all go away on its own when you have 10 posts. You should be able to leave love in the gallery now though, and that will bump your post count up quickly!

DeborahWagne 04-23-2017 01:08 PM

Question about gallery

I just posted my first layout in the gallery, and wanted to leave a little love on some pages. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I am signed in but when I click on a page, there is no where to leave a comment. Thanks for your help!

carrie1977 04-23-2017 02:08 PM

Libby should be able to get you fixed up so that you can comment. Hold tight!

cherrygutz 05-25-2017 11:55 PM

I've been having a problem placing credit on my layout when I upload in the gallery. No I don't put special characters like @ on my credit. Even when I try to edit the layout to put the credit, it won't stick...

carrie1977 05-26-2017 12:01 AM

Does it do that whether or not you are trying to upload just one layout at a time or multiple layouts at a time?

cherrygutz 05-26-2017 02:38 PM

Yes, one layout or three at a time, one or two of them would not have a credit...

carrie1977 05-26-2017 02:54 PM

Weird...I will direct Robin here to see if she knows why it would do that.

cherrygutz 05-26-2017 05:29 PM

Thank you Carrie :)

Robin Carlton 05-26-2017 05:35 PM

Hey Cherry, I just edited one of your layouts with brief credits and had no problem doing so. I also noticed that your latest page did have credits. I'm not at all sure what to advise since I cant duplicate the issue. Are you still having the issue? Let me know!

R

cherrygutz 05-26-2017 06:20 PM

I saw the LO you edited, thank you. I'll go ahead and upload again, I'll try two to upload. I'll let you know if I will have any issues. Thanks Robin.

cherrygutz 05-27-2017 01:02 AM

Robin, I tried to edit the layout you edited, I just added below it the link but when I click "submit changes" the credit was all gone. A while ago I edited one layout and put the credit, it did stay. But this one, I'm not sure what's happening...

Thoms124 06-25-2017 03:44 AM

It is sounds interesting!

Leablahblah 12-01-2017 05:36 PM

When posting in the gallery, are you allowed to add credit with a picture of the kit (a small one) that links to the gallery? or do you prefer text?

Libby Pritchett 12-02-2017 01:25 AM

Our gallery is pretty finicky with descriptions as is, so I don't think I'd try linking with pictures of the kits. A text link will be just fine. :)

Leablahblah 12-03-2017 12:09 AM

Sounds great! Thank you :)

sbpoet 12-31-2017 02:50 PM

Is this still the rule?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 33337)
Hi! If you made your layouts for one of our challenges it is OK to upload if it does not contain any ssd products (be sure to upload to the correct gallery though! :) ) Otherwise, all other layouts must contain SSD products :) Thanks for asking!

I'm looking for a new place to play, especially with art journaling and collage. Sweet Shoppe has a few of my favorite designers, so you are on the list. I want to be sure I understand the rules, though, and this one is a surprise.

So is this still the case?

Libby Pritchett 12-31-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbpoet (Post 1062899852)
So is this still the case?

No, that's actually an old rule. Currently, our rules for our Bingo challenges state:

You must use Sweet Shoppe products for the bulk of your page. Outside templates, minor accents, etc. are perfectly ok as long as at a glance the page is obviously created with products from our shoppe and designers!

If you want to learn more about our monthly Bingo challenge, you can check out the forum here where we have a new card posted each month!

sbpoet 12-31-2017 04:17 PM

Thanks, this is much more what I expected.

ScrappyShann 03-04-2018 08:08 PM

I'm uploading layouts to the gallery, and some of my layouts show the description and some do not. I have the format pretty consistent with the kit, designer and link to the SSD store. Even if I try to edit, and re-paste the description it still doesn't show up. Any thoughts as to why?

GrannyNKy 03-05-2018 04:38 AM

Although I have stalked the gallery for a while, I am finally going to jump in and try to participate a little more :)

Saar 03-05-2018 04:39 AM

Welcome to SSD GrannyNKy.

Libby Pritchett 03-05-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappyShann (Post 1062910446)
I'm uploading layouts to the gallery, and some of my layouts show the description and some do not. I have the format pretty consistent with the kit, designer and link to the SSD store. Even if I try to edit, and re-paste the description it still doesn't show up. Any thoughts as to why?

Sometimes it has to do with using certain symbols in your description. I believe if you use a ' (an apostrophe) that throws it off for some reason. Try removing that, and it should work.

ScrappyShann 03-08-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062910530)
Sometimes it has to do with using certain symbols in your description. I believe if you use a ' (an apostrophe) that throws it off for some reason. Try removing that, and it should work.

I love you! Thank you so much - that worked and now all of my descriptions are updated!!!

AshleyMilfd 04-17-2018 02:37 AM

For some reason it didn't give me the option to add credits. Even when going back and trying to edit , there is no option. Its weird because I've uploaded several lo, no issue. Its a long list so I figured I would have issues but it didn't give me the chance lol

mnjenlittle 05-05-2018 10:35 PM

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am going crazy! My avatar shows as changed when I am in my profile, but in each thread, on any browser I am in, my old avatar show up. My new one should be a dinner plate of yummy food. Can anybody see that in my avatar? Is it a cache issue or something? I'm so confused!!! hahahaha

Libby Pritchett 05-06-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnjenlittle (Post 1062918412)
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am going crazy! My avatar shows as changed when I am in my profile, but in each thread, on any browser I am in, my old avatar show up. My new one should be a dinner plate of yummy food. Can anybody see that in my avatar? Is it a cache issue or something? I'm so confused!!! hahahaha

I'm looking at it from the admin side, and from what I can see, the food picture is set as your profile pic while the picture of you is set as your avatar. (Crazy that they are 2 different things, right?)

If you can't get it changed, feel free to PM me with a link to the one you'd like to have set as your avatar, and I can change it for you on the back end.

mnjenlittle 05-06-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062918549)
I'm looking at it from the admin side, and from what I can see, the food picture is set as your profile pic while the picture of you is set as your avatar. (Crazy that they are 2 different things, right?)

If you can't get it changed, feel free to PM me with a link to the one you'd like to have set as your avatar, and I can change it for you on the back end.

You are awesome! Whooohoo! I found where you change both, so I am all fixed. errr why are there two??? hahahaha!

Ddamsel 05-14-2018 05:39 PM

Just saying HI, I've been a lurker for years now.

djp332 07-03-2018 03:40 PM

I have a question - Can I post new layouts using the now retired #Believe in Magic kits?