Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sweet Shoppe Challenge Bingo (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   December 2018 - Bingo FAQ (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89886)

lingovise 11-30-2018 11:30 PM

December 2018 - Bingo FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Bingo challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Challenge Bingo system!

Here is this month's card for easy reference:

lingovise 12-01-2018 12:44 AM

I try and write these prompts with broad themes/concepts in mind and think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for your family. Here's a bit of extra information on a few of this month's challenges to help you get started :

#4: Pay it Forward - Leave Love on 15 Gallery Pages...
You leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Use the place marker below to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
First - click on the image below ... then, once you're redirected, right click the image that appears and save it as a .png file.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4825/...9f4e313fa2.jpg

#6: December Daily...
You can scrap about your December Daily journal/scrapbook/projects, or simply just the events that you have planned in December with your friends / family.

#7: National Letter Writing Day...
Scrap about your own [or other's] letter writing efforts... your holiday cards - sent or received... letters to Santa... etc

#8: Scraplift - Bingo Challenge Thread...
Easy Peasy... just scraplift a page from the person who holds the spot above you in the December Bingo Challenge Thread.
Example: #8 will scraplift a page from the gallery of the person holding the #7 spot, and so on. If you happen to be the first person to post - ie: #3, then you'll scraplift the last person to post in the November Bingo Challenge Thread.

#18: Participate in the SSD Blog Scraplift posted on December 2nd...
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim B. hosts a Scraplift challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

#20: Currently...
Scrap about anything that "currently" strikes your fancy.

#23: Take Two! Your Favorite 2018 Bingo Prompt...
Pick your favorite prompt from 2018 and scrap it ♥

#24: Scrap with any solo product from a December Featured Designer...
Scrap with any product that's by either Erica or Meg

Neverland Scraps 12-01-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062936982)
#7: National Letter Writing Day...
Scrap about your own letter writing efforts... your holiday cards - sent or received... letters to Santa... etc

Can I scrap about my son's learning of writing? I have several photos of his kindergarten paperwork, showing his progress with his writing. It's letters that he is writing......?

lingovise 12-01-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062937020)
Can I scrap about my son's learning of writing? I have several photos of his kindergarten paperwork, showing his progress with his writing. It's letters that he is writing......?

absolutely!

Jazz2000 12-01-2018 06:05 PM

#23 - Does it have to be one that we finished and uploaded to the gallery? or could it be one that we wanted to do but didn't get around to doing it? (I have one in mind)

lingovise 12-01-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz2000 (Post 1062937027)
#23 - Does it have to be one that we finished and uploaded to the gallery? or could it be one that we wanted to do but didn't get around to doing it? (I have one in mind)

you can pick from any of the prompts offered during 2018... whether it was one you already tackled, or not.

LynnZant 12-03-2018 01:28 PM

I can't seem to right click on the bingo card to save it. Am I the only one having this trouble?

AshleyMilfd 12-03-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062937178)
I can't seem to right click on the bingo card to save it. Am I the only one having this trouble?

I had to open image in new tab but I'm on mobile

LynnZant 12-03-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd (Post 1062937180)
I had to open image in new tab but I'm on mobile

Thank you! That worked. I did a "view image" and then I was able to save it. Funny, I just checked November and was able to right click on that one.

imperio 12-05-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062936982)
#24: Scrap with any solo product from a December Featured Designer...
Scrap with any product that's by either Erica or Meg

I am so excited to see the new alphabet kits already *-*

nietis 12-05-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperio (Post 1062937263)
I am so excited to see the new alphabet kits already *-*

I am so glad to read this! I love those alphabet collections too!

Leablahblah 12-05-2018 07:09 PM

I feel like #1 and #3 are really close.

How do you differentiate them?

For #1 (end of year review) I would have made a list of things I liked during the year but that's what #3 (top 10 2018 moments) is about.

jacinda 12-05-2018 08:53 PM

The top 10 moments to me, is pretty straight forward, though you could do it from your point of view, or your kids, or your husbands.

The year in review could be tackled several ways:

- You could review one concept. E.g. One Little Word - how did you do? Or say you had a goal you wanted to reach this year - how did that go?

- You could do a general review of the year (not just the top 10, but how the year went in general)

- You could do an end of year review of the kids' progress at school. How have they changed from start of the year to end of year?

- You could do a personal assessment of yourself and journal how you've grown in various areas, and what you have or haven't achieved.

- Did you have a bucket list at the start of the year? Review that and how much you managed to tick off the list.

Agui11 12-06-2018 03:27 AM

Hi there. I’m new here and was wondering what the scooper/dipper collab is/are? TIA��

Saar 12-06-2018 03:30 AM

Hi there,
and welcome to SSD.
So fun to see you're participating in the challenges.

A scoop is a collab between two SSD designers and a dip is a collab between three SSD designers.
You can find them here:
- Two scoops: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...nufacturerid=3
- Triple dips: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...nufacturerid=2

Let us know if you need more information.

Have fun with the challenges!

Ponytails 12-06-2018 08:19 AM

Another newbie here... I love the idea of these Bingo challenges but just have one question... Do the numbers on the card have any particular purpose, or is it just decoration? Feels a bit silly asking that, but better to know. :)

Saar 12-06-2018 08:37 AM

Hi there,
And welcome to SSD.

The number on the card has no particular purpose. It's just the number of the challenge. I hope this helps answering your question. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Have fun and enjoy the challenges.

Agui11 12-07-2018 03:29 PM

Looking for some direction on # 12: Journal Challenge: Perseverance
Any ideas or inspiration would be greatly appreciated!

aussiegirl 12-07-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062937323)
I feel like #1 and #3 are really close.

How do you differentiate them?

For #1 (end of year review) I would have made a list of things I liked during the year but that's what #3 (top 10 2018 moments) is about.

Lea, you could make these into a 2 page layout. Side 1 could have a small photo highlighting each month. Side 2 could have a list of your top 10 memories from the year. I think this is how I will do these prompts! (although, I didn't know this until you asked about it and it just kind clicked!) :)

jacinda 12-07-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agui11 (Post 1062937550)
Looking for some direction on # 12: Journal Challenge: Perseverance
Any ideas or inspiration would be greatly appreciated!

- Could be a life lesson in general about perseverance (you could use a favourite quote as a starting point).

- Have you ever had to work hard at or for something? (graduating from school, earning a promotion at work, being patient with relatives, working out at the gym, learning a new skill etc). Scrap about that challenge. Could even be about learning a new scrapping technique that took a while to master.

You could also write the journalling as if you're giving advice to your child. Tell them the value of perseverance, and the blessings that come from it.

I've done a few layouts that would qualify for this challenge. The first is about persevering through challenges.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...it-go-700b.jpg

This one is me persevering with teaching my girls healthy concepts such as individual value and self worth etc. They may not want to hear it, but I keep scrapping pages with advice in the hopes they'll read it and take it in one day.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...e-day-700b.jpg

This is me persevering as a mother, trying to do the right thing for a teenage daughter.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-mind-700b.jpg

Leablahblah 12-08-2018 12:45 AM

Great ideas! Thank you ladies!

Agui11 12-08-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062937620)
- Could be a life lesson in general about perseverance (you could use a favourite quote as a starting point).

- Have you ever had to work hard at or for something? (graduating from school, earning a promotion at work, being patient with relatives, working out at the gym, learning a new skill etc). Scrap about that challenge. Could even be about learning a new scrapping technique that took a while to master.

You could also write the journalling as if you're giving advice to your child. Tell them the value of perseverance, and the blessings that come from it.

I've done a few layouts that would qualify for this challenge. The first is about persevering through challenges.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...it-go-700b.jpg

This one is me persevering with teaching my girls healthy concepts such as individual value and self worth etc. They may not want to hear it, but I keep scrapping pages with advice in the hopes they'll read it and take it in one day.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...e-day-700b.jpg

This is me persevering as a mother, trying to do the right thing for a teenage daughter.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-mind-700b.jpg

Wow! These pages are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and for taking the time. You are so good with your journaling!

Neverland Scraps 12-11-2018 12:07 AM

#6: December Daily...
You can scrap about your December Daily journal/scrapbook/projects, or simply just the events that you have planned in December with your friends / family.

^^^ can this be present tense? We do not have any plans this December and I don't know what I'd scrap if it's current/future tense.

jacinda 12-11-2018 12:56 AM

Absolutely Wendy

Neverland Scraps 12-11-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062937822)
Absolutely Wendy

I figured that would be the answer, but I wanted to make sure before I did it and had to redo the layout. Thank you very much for the quick answer! :thumbup:

JlynnA12 12-29-2018 04:49 PM

I just re-read the instructions and realized I posted a question on my post for bingo, but should have posted it here

do I have to make a picture of the bingo card and post, or is it ok how I did it? Thank you!!

First time bingo player :) Want to make sure I did it right.

craftytam 12-29-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JlynnA12 (Post 1062940632)
I just re-read the instructions and realized I posted a question on my post for bingo, but should have posted it here

do I have to make a picture of the bingo card and post, or is it ok how I did it? Thank you!!

First time bingo player :) Want to make sure I did it right.

Hey Jlynn!! I'm excited to see you here :wub:
I always post the Bingo card and the links. Most people just post the card.
It's SUPER easy to do. Just resize your web-sized LOs to 160x160 and put it on the correct square. I always save the TIF to keep adding throughout the month. Then, when you're done, save for web and put it in the Gallery. From there, add your card to the correct month's thread.
Easy peasy! :)

JlynnA12 12-29-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062940636)
Hey Jlynn!! I'm excited to see you here :wub:
I always post the Bingo card and the links. Most people just post the card.
It's SUPER easy to do. Just resize your web-sized LOs to 160x160 and put it on the correct square. I always save the TIF to keep adding throughout the month. Then, when you're done, save for web and put it in the Gallery. From there, add your card to the correct month's thread.
Easy peasy! :)

Thanks Tammy! Someone reached out to me earlier too :) I got it figured out!! My first bingo card, and I see bingo is going away? LOL I finally decided to tackle a month here :)

craftytam 12-29-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JlynnA12 (Post 1062940645)
Thanks Tammy! Someone reached out to me earlier too :) I got it figured out!! My first bingo card, and I see bingo is going away? LOL I finally decided to tackle a month here :)

Anytime! :)
I'm glad you had helped and figured it out! LOL! But you'll at least have the knowledge for the next challenges! :D

Agui11 01-01-2019 05:47 PM

Hello ladies and Happy New Year!
Question: If we earned a % discount for playing this month, how do we claim it? TIA

nietis 01-01-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agui11 (Post 1062940963)
Hello ladies and Happy New Year!
Question: If we earned a % discount for playing this month, how do we claim it? TIA

Hi, Happy New Year!
My fellow sugar babe Lyd will soon PM you with the discount code, if you are eligible for it. So, please wait for it, meanwhile, you are very welcome to try your hands on on our new Passport challenge system.

marykemock 01-09-2019 03:29 PM

Will there be BINGO for 2019?

karlimarie 01-09-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marykemock (Post 1062941752)
Will there be BINGO for 2019?

Nope! SSD has just release a new challenge system for the New Year. You can read all about it here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...play.php?f=241

mamaestes 01-10-2019 09:02 AM

Did I Miss It

Just wondering if the December codes had gone out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062941008)
Hi, Happy New Year!
My fellow sugar babe Lyd will soon PM you with the discount code, if you are eligible for it. So, please wait for it, meanwhile, you are very welcome to try your hands on on our new Passport challenge system.

nietis 01-11-2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaestes (Post 1062941828)

As far as I know, not yet. I will try to notify Lyd about it. I am pretty sure she's working on it, though :)

karlimarie 01-11-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaestes (Post 1062941828)

I’m pretty sure they get sent out the second full m-f of every month, so maybe next week?

Lyd 01-12-2019 05:22 PM

Yes, that's right. Sweet Rewards are always on the second full M-F of each month, so I'll be sending the codes out sometime tomorrow and they'll be good for next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062942074)
I’m pretty sure they get sent out the second full m-f of every month, so maybe next week?