Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fall TV Season starts soon (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91287)

bcgal00 09-02-2019 01:28 PM

Fall TV Season starts soon

I love September, with the start of returning and premiering TV shows! There seems to be more and more to watch throughout the summer months as compared to yrs ago when summer viewing was pretty slim pickings for anything new but still...I eagerly await the new season starting up.

What shows are you excited about? What shows do you hope are good and which don't interest you at all? Any returning shows you are eagerly awaiting? My list is huge as I'm a bonified TVaholic. What about you?

Neverland Scraps 09-02-2019 01:39 PM

We cut the cord to cable years ago so I honestly have no idea what's on the air or not!! We do watch tv/movies through our streaming. Just last month, I binged on The 100, which just released a new season on Netflix. Outside of what's on our devices, I'm not sure what's on tv these days other than wretched commercials

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7bf...ohAA/giphy.gif

We were visiting with his parents while we were moving and saw cable tv. Goodness, it seemed like there was a commercial every 2-3 minutes! I was so thankful when we got to my parents house that we could fast forward through the commercials with whatever feature they had on their tv! But here at home, it's whatever is available on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
https://hub.umd.edu/sites/default/fi...ervices_v3.gif

So I'll be following this to see what will eventually be coming to our streaming services.

Neverland Scraps 09-02-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062970643)
I love September, with the start of returning and premiering TV shows! There seems to be more and more to watch throughout the summer months as compared to yrs ago when summer viewing was pretty slim pickings for anything new but still...I eagerly await the new season starting up.

What shows are you excited about? What shows do you hope are good and which don't interest you at all? Any returning shows you are eagerly awaiting? My list is huge as I'm a bonified TVaholic. What about you?

What are your shows that you are excited about?

bcgal00 09-02-2019 01:41 PM

I've started seeing previews for Carnival Row and it looks good, as does Stumptown...love the cast! An interesting storyline has me intrigued with Prodigal Son. I've never been disappointed with AHS and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the 1980's summer camp them this season.

The final season of The Affair has already started and am going to miss it when it ends, love the cast in that show! I just PVR'd the first 2 episodes of On Becoming A God In Central Florida (Kirsten Dunst is the lead so I'm going to like that I'm sure).

While we're waiting for the new shows to return, we started binge watching "Billions" this wkend and got thru the first season. Hubs and I both absolutely love this show and can't wait to watch the other seasons over the next few wks.

Some of the cable network returning shows I'm anxious to watch again are (can't list them all b/c there's a ton LOL) are:
  • This Is Us
  • The Good Doctor
  • The Rookie
  • Bull
  • Criminal Minds
  • New Amsterdam
  • The Resident
  • Chicago Med
  • Chicago Fire
  • GA
  • A Million Little Things
  • HTGAWM
  • Blacklist
  • TWD
  • Black Lightning

Of course, the premium channels, Netflix, Amazon, etc have all got tons of stuff coming and I like to binge watch a lot of their shows.

There's lots of comedies on my list but I bet you're sick of reading thru this now, aren't you? Told you....I love my TV shows!!!

KristinCB 09-02-2019 01:49 PM

I don't watch a lot of TV - binge watching destroyed things for me and I don't have the patience for weekly episodes lol. I still kind of watch grey's anatomy but it's gotten a bit soap opera like for my liking.. I also watch outlander but it doesn't come back until february - wahhhh. I like this is us but I wasn't as into it this last season.

angels 09-02-2019 02:22 PM

I watch a lot of shows, the ones I expect the most :

- Supernatural (the last season :()
- The flash
- Arrow
- GA
- Titans

I have some to finish

- TWD
- Good doctor
- Supergirl
- Black lightning
- Riverdale
- Legacies

and the first season of Batwoman

bcgal00 09-02-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062970644)
We cut the cord to cable years ago so I honestly have no idea what's on the air or not!! We do watch tv/movies through our streaming. Just last month, I binged on The 100, which just released a new season on Netflix. Outside of what's on our devices, I'm not sure what's on tv these days other than wretched commercials

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7bf...ohAA/giphy.gif

We were visiting with his parents while we were moving and saw cable tv. Goodness, it seemed like there was a commercial every 2-3 minutes! I was so thankful when we got to my parents house that we could fast forward through the commercials with whatever feature they had on their tv! But here at home, it's whatever is available on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
https://hub.umd.edu/sites/default/fi...ervices_v3.gif

So I'll be following this to see what will eventually be coming to our streaming services.

Wendy - yes, commercials are ridiculous. We PVR or watch on demand, netflix or our android box b/c we don't have the time or patience for all the commercials.

bcgal00 09-02-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 1062970654)
I watch a lot of shows, the ones I expect the most :

- Supernatural (the last season :()
- The flash
- Arrow
- GA
- Titans

I have some to finish

- TWD
- Good doctor
- Supergirl
- Black lightning
- Riverdale
- Legacies

and the first season of Batwoman

Some of your shows are on my list to binge watch at some point....Flash, Arrow, Titans, Riverdale and Legacies. I especially love Supergirl and Black Lightning. Looking forward also to Batwoman coming soon. I don't know if I'll recognize our neighborhood when I see the episode of Riverdale that filmed across the street from us. It was fun to see how they created the dark and heavy fog. Taz wasn't impressed though b/c they filmed along the river paths he walks every day with me and that day we couldn't go thru. We just stood at the bridge watching and I chatted with the guys for a bit. That was a fun day.

angels 09-02-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062970665)
Some of your shows are on my list to binge watch at some point....Flash, Arrow, Titans, Riverdale and Legacies. I especially love Supergirl and Black Lightning. Looking forward also to Batwoman coming soon. I don't know if I'll recognize our neighborhood when I see the episode of Riverdale that filmed across the street from us. It was fun to see how they created the dark and heavy fog. Taz wasn't impressed though b/c they filmed along the river paths he walks every day with me and that day we couldn't go thru. We just stood at the bridge watching and I chatted with the guys for a bit. That was a fun day.

It must have been interesting to see!

I only saw the first season of Black Lightning but as it will appear with the universe of The Flash/Arrow/Supergirl... I must continue

Some of yours are on my list too : all the "Chicago"

Neverland Scraps 09-02-2019 03:46 PM

Is TWD - The Walking Dead?
Without giving too many spoilers because we stopped paying Amazon for the weekly releases last season due to downfall of the show, are they still planning on merging The Walking Dead with Fear the Walking Dead? Is The Walking Dead any good any more? Seems most of my friends stopped watching it (including here at SSD). My daughter did tell me the new season is coming to Netflix, so we will watch it when it releases, probably in October or so.

LeeAndra 09-02-2019 04:17 PM

I'm looking forward to "This is Us" and "Grey's Anatomy" returning... and "Outlander" this winter.

"The Bold Type" should have a new season... soonish? Maybe? It's on Freeform so I'm not sure when they have new seasons.

We don't have cable, either, so if it's not on Hulu or Netflix, I have no idea it exists.

Oh, and Disney+ drops this fall! I'm excited for that!

3BluEyedBabi 09-02-2019 04:24 PM

I'm looking forward to Grey's Anatomy, HTGAWM, A Million Little Things, New Amsterdam, This Is Us, Mr. Mercedes, Mayans, Bull, Blue Bloods...and I'm sure I missed some. I really liked Designated Survivor which got moved to Netflix, and For The People which I guess was cancelled. Also, when is Taboo coming back?!?!?

tanyiadeskins 09-02-2019 07:11 PM

Im looking forward to New Amsterdam returning along with Station 19 I DVR or watch Netflix/Hulu etc as well. I am sort of interested in American Horror Story but they have been loosing me after a few episodes the last couple of years but this theme looks cool and I am really looking forward to checking out the new show Prodigal Son.

Kiana 09-02-2019 08:02 PM

We don't do cable, so I watch shoes on Hulu and Netflix. There are SO many things I binge that I can hardly name them all here.

aussiegirl 09-02-2019 08:12 PM

We don't have cable either. We have Hulu, Amazon and Netflix. But we watch regular tv shows with an in room antenea. Does noone else do that? We get NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, ION plus a few others...enough to keep us busy and watching regular tv.

That said, we watch:
NCIS,
Criminal Minds
Amazing Race (have to wait a while for this one)
Survivor
Manifest
Gifted

and we are hoping to maybe watch 911 (the previews looked interesting, but we haven't watched it before, so I don't know if we'll be lost)
and a new one Emergence. The preview of this one looks really good too!

Other than that, we watch movies and tv series through everything else.

mrsashbaugh 09-02-2019 09:04 PM

We don't have cable TV, but we have Netflix and Hulu. I'm looking forward to 9-1-1 and The Voice. I have New Amsterdam on my list of stuff to watch, but haven't watched it yet. I also have This is Us on our list, but hubby and I aren't caught up with that one.

amy_hart 09-03-2019 12:27 AM

I don't watch too much TV, and what I do watch I use HULU for. But I'm looking forward to Grey's Anatomy and Younger the most!

vijayasree5 09-03-2019 06:24 AM

What shows are you excited about?

AmieN1 09-03-2019 12:28 PM

We don't watch too much- only because most of tv shows are not kid friendly, so we DVR & watch after they've gone to bed! Our regular DVR shows are:

Grey's Anatomy
This Is Us
Bull
HTGAWM
Queen of the South
Yellowstone (just ended)
Below Deck (our only guilty pleasure)

Neverland Scraps 09-03-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062970737)
We don't have cable either. We have Hulu, Amazon and Netflix. But we watch regular tv shows with an in room antenea. Does no one else do that? We get NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, ION plus a few others...enough to keep us busy and watching regular tv..

We have an antenna. We had 40+ stations when we lived in Co, it was great! Although we never really bothered with it because we hate commercials. We hooked it up here in Ky and it's hit or miss. One day we'll have 2 stations, another day we'll have 30 with the next having none. It's not reliable so we don't want to invest in watching something if we don't know if we'll be able to watch it week by week.

MamaBee 09-03-2019 06:00 PM

I'm always leery of getting hooked on a new show as I begin to like it and they cancel it... so I usually stay away from must network aired shows... we have netflix, hulu and sling... so I'm usually watching anything on Bravo.

craftytam 09-03-2019 06:01 PM

We recently cancelled cable, but really didn't watch much even when we had it. We still have Netflix and Amazon.

Carnival Row looks interesting, I added it to my Amazing watch list. I've had people recommend shows, but then forget to add them :p
I was watching The Flash, Arrow and iZombie, but my guys (sons & hubby) got tired of them, so I don't even know where we left off. Maybe I'll have to re-start and binge through them.

Sherri Tierney 09-03-2019 09:17 PM

Grey's Anatomy is about the only thing I watch consistently. I'd rather read than watch TV.

wendyp 10-13-2019 02:32 AM

I just finished the Crown and waiting for next season in Nov. Now i need to go on with The flash and Riverdale...
I watched the new episode yesterday and it had me in tears, what a beautoful tribute to Luke Perry. So sad especialy with the double message in it with the knowledge he passed away in real life too...

I'm waiting for Outlander's next season
And i really wish to see Legacy but we can't see it anywhere here in the Netherlands...