Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Missing DSD (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91472)

craftytam 10-06-2019 12:43 PM

Missing DSD

This is the first DSD I've missed since I started digiscrapping.
I'm so bummed! I'm in CA working on my mom's house to get it ready to sell. My laptop isn't cooperating for scrapping, and I don't have time to sit and play BINGO.
But, I WILL be shopping!! I can't pass that up!
Anyone else just shopping and not playing??

AmieN1 10-06-2019 12:58 PM

I'm not doing near as much scrapping as usual- mostly just playing games & shopping! ;) I was SUPPOSED to be home all day yesterday to partake in some festivities, but my hubby ended up going to a work thing & then wasn't back in time to take my son to his football game, etc. SO I was gone most of the day... :(

Saar 10-06-2019 01:06 PM

I'm so sorry you are missing the fun Tammy. I was looking forward to seeing your layouts.
But I am happy to read you're still be able to shop. :wub:

StacyLynn 10-06-2019 01:38 PM

Ugh... sorry you are missing out. I was supposed to have the whole weekend to myself.... but some things came up, and hubby decided he wanted to see his crush last night (Carrie Underwood), neighbors had a massive block sale (spent 3 hours walking and chatting), senior kid wants me to do her senior photos today....errands, a doctors visit.... So I got to do some shopping, ordered 128 pages through Persnickety prints... paypal is empty... I have no will power.... and played a few games....but no scrapping at all yet....

Kiana 10-06-2019 01:52 PM

That was me last year Tammy. I hate you're missing the fun, but the sales and new stuff should cover any feelings of being left out?! lol
And you get to scrap and share all your awesome pages later on!

Neverland Scraps 10-06-2019 01:57 PM

awww, I'm so sorry that your computer is giving you fits :( That stinks when technology isn't playing along when we need it most!!

I'm playing, but not nearly as much as I should. I feel like I'm moving slowly and not getting anything accomplished. I hope to get DSD Blackout here today (for more layouts) but goodness I'm finding it hard to get to sit down at my computer without someone needing me for a moment, which leads in to me forgetting what I was doing and having a hard time getting started again. It's a vicious cycle!

I can't wait to see what you are getting! But I also can't wait to hear about your time there!!

amy_hart 10-06-2019 01:59 PM

Same :/ I shopped but I don't have time to play the games!

angels 10-06-2019 02:07 PM

I didn’t play as much as I would have liked

bcgal00 10-06-2019 02:07 PM

Sorry you are missing out but you are doing a great thing, helping get the house ready. I shopped and did get to play games and scrap a bit but I'm spending today with Bailey and had some other things to do too so wished I could have been around more but it is what is it is :)

craftytam 10-07-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmieN1 (Post 1062975102)
I'm not doing near as much scrapping as usual- mostly just playing games & shopping! ;) I was SUPPOSED to be home all day yesterday to partake in some festivities, but my hubby ended up going to a work thing & then wasn't back in time to take my son to his football game, etc. SO I was gone most of the day... :(

I'm sorry your day didn't work out as planned, Amie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saar (Post 1062975105)
I'm so sorry you are missing the fun Tammy. I was looking forward to seeing your layouts.
But I am happy to read you're still be able to shop. :wub:

Thank you so much, my sweet friend! :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyLynn (Post 1062975113)
Ugh... sorry you are missing out. I was supposed to have the whole weekend to myself.... but some things came up, and hubby decided he wanted to see his crush last night (Carrie Underwood), neighbors had a massive block sale (spent 3 hours walking and chatting), senior kid wants me to do her senior photos today....errands, a doctors visit.... So I got to do some shopping, ordered 128 pages through Persnickety prints... paypal is empty... I have no will power.... and played a few games....but no scrapping at all yet....

Thanks, Stacy :) Sounds like you had a fun weekend, even though you didn't get to scrap. I forgot to order print credits from Persnickety! Thank you for the reminder!!

craftytam 10-07-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062975116)
That was me last year Tammy. I hate you're missing the fun, but the sales and new stuff should cover any feelings of being left out?! lol
And you get to scrap and share all your awesome pages later on!

Thanks, Kiana!! :wub: Yes, shopping does help some!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062975119)
awww, I'm so sorry that your computer is giving you fits :( That stinks when technology isn't playing along when we need it most!!

I'm playing, but not nearly as much as I should. I feel like I'm moving slowly and not getting anything accomplished. I hope to get DSD Blackout here today (for more layouts) but goodness I'm finding it hard to get to sit down at my computer without someone needing me for a moment, which leads in to me forgetting what I was doing and having a hard time getting started again. It's a vicious cycle!

I can't wait to see what you are getting! But I also can't wait to hear about your time there!!

Thanks, Wendy!! I'm sorry you're having a hard time focusing on getting blackout. I know you can do it!
I'll really be happy to be home & able to scrap again. Right now there's a little too much family drama :thumbdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy_hart (Post 1062975122)
Same :/ I shopped but I don't have time to play the games!

Aaaaw! I'm sorry, Amy!!

craftytam 10-07-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 1062975125)
I didn’t play as much as I would have liked

I'm sorry, Aud! I hope you were able to shop!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062975126)
Sorry you are missing out but you are doing a great thing, helping get the house ready. I shopped and did get to play games and scrap a bit but I'm spending today with Bailey and had some other things to do too so wished I could have been around more but it is what is it is :)

I'm glad you got to play along some, Rae. I hope you had a good day with Bailey!!

ellasspace 10-07-2019 07:24 AM

Awe bummer you can’t join in Tammy DSD games and scrapping is always so fun, I’m trying but Doug had a setback day yesterday and I didn’t get to do much. I’m going to push hard today and see if I can catch up.

LynnZant 10-07-2019 08:43 AM

Me too! I pit crew for my DD's marching band. Friday night was an away game, Saturday morning she had a cross country meet (far away), Saturday night was a band contest (over an hour away), and yesterday was fun at the amusement park with my other DD. I shopped and just finished unzipping, but I had no time (or energy) for anything else.
Sorry you missed out also. I hope everyone else had some great fun!

CarolynK 10-07-2019 09:13 AM

This is the first big sale that I haven’t shopped [emoji3525] we are currently on holiday in QLD and I didn’t bring my laptop.

I cannot wait to get home and go shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craftytam 10-07-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellasspace (Post 1062975294)
Awe bummer you can’t join in Tammy DSD games and scrapping is always so fun, I’m trying but Doug had a setback day yesterday and I didn’t get to do much. I’m going to push hard today and see if I can catch up.

Thanks, Ella. I'm so sorry Doug had a setback. I hope today is much better!! :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062975308)
Me too! I pit crew for my DD's marching band. Friday night was an away game, Saturday morning she had a cross country meet (far away), Saturday night was a band contest (over an hour away), and yesterday was fun at the amusement park with my other DD. I shopped and just finished unzipping, but I had no time (or energy) for anything else.
Sorry you missed out also. I hope everyone else had some great fun!

Wow! You were sure busy, Lynn!! I can't imagine why you had no energy (note the sarcasm :wub: ) You're ahead of me in unzipping!! I haven't even started.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynK (Post 1062975323)
This is the first big sale that I haven’t shopped [emoji3525] we are currently on holiday in QLD and I didn’t bring my laptop.

I cannot wait to get home and go shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you haven't gotten to shop, Carolyn! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

aussiegirl 10-07-2019 10:14 PM

I got online last night after we got home! I was able to shop and get the goodies I wanted. Today, I played a few of the games, but only quick ones. I Had other things I needed to do since I was gone all weekend.

Glad you were able to shop even if you couldn't play along! Hope the rest of your visit goes well and you are able to get the things done that you need to!

nietis 10-07-2019 11:14 PM

I didn't play nor shop (even the CT pages I made are not many!) this DSD. My internet has been crazy with China's 70th founding day. It was impossible to connect on VPN and download goodies. :(

It just got better today and I'll be downloading and scrapping like crazy post-DSD. :p

Saar 10-08-2019 01:10 AM

So sorry to read about everyone who was hoping to join in the fun and play some games but couldn't.
I hope you all had at least fun shopping. :wub:

knittingbec 10-08-2019 04:42 AM

It is a bummer!! I shopped (maybe even more than I would have, to "console" myself) but didn't get to participate other than that. I was on a "mom-cation" with 2 friends in Baku, Azerbaijan. So, it was a good reason to miss out, but still a bit bummed that I couldn't do more (besides our busy sight-seeing & eating schedules, I only had my ipad with me)

craftytam 10-09-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062975470)
I got online last night after we got home! I was able to shop and get the goodies I wanted. Today, I played a few of the games, but only quick ones. I Had other things I needed to do since I was gone all weekend.

Glad you were able to shop even if you couldn't play along! Hope the rest of your visit goes well and you are able to get the things done that you need to!

I'm glad you were able to play some of the games, Dawn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062975487)
I didn't play nor shop (even the CT pages I made are not many!) this DSD. My internet has been crazy with China's 70th founding day. It was impossible to connect on VPN and download goodies. :(

It just got better today and I'll be downloading and scrapping like crazy post-DSD. :p

Oh no, Sherly! That stinks. I'm glad your connection is better now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saar (Post 1062975501)
So sorry to read about everyone who was hoping to join in the fun and play some games but couldn't.
I hope you all had at least fun shopping. :wub:

There were more of us than I expected!

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062975515)
It is a bummer!! I shopped (maybe even more than I would have, to "console" myself) but didn't get to participate other than that. I was on a "mom-cation" with 2 friends in Baku, Azerbaijan. So, it was a good reason to miss out, but still a bit bummed that I couldn't do more (besides our busy sight-seeing & eating schedules, I only had my ipad with me)

Aaaw! I'm sorry you couldn't participate other than shopping, Rebecca! But, it sounds like a what you did was fun!! I think I need to add DSD on my calendar as a holiday so that I see it when I'm scheduling plans!! :D

Neverland Scraps 10-10-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062975487)

Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry you weren't able to play nearly as much as you had wanted :( I'm glad you are back and uploading your gorgeous layouts in the gallery and on social media! :wub:

Sherri Tierney 10-13-2019 01:09 PM

I haven't been able to participate in the activities in YEARS. I usually shop though. I'm too frugal not to buy things when they are on sale. My budget this year was TINY so I didn't get much.

knittingbec 10-13-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062975758)
I think I need to add DSD on my calendar as a holiday so that I see it when I'm scheduling plans!! :D

Yes! I told the girls I was traveling with that I was making a big sacrifice to spend the weekend with them :D