Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD Black Friday Edition: How are you spending Black Friday? (11/25) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93416)

Saar 11-25-2020 11:57 AM

QOTD Black Friday Edition: How are you spending Black Friday? (11/25)

How are you spending your Black Friday?
Are you going shopping? Are you shopping online or do you get in line for shopping in actual stores?

Saar 11-25-2020 11:58 AM

If I'm shopping, I'm shopping online. Stores are closed here (only supermarkets are open) due to coronavirus, so I don't have any other choice.

Txcorey 11-25-2020 12:17 PM

I don't ever do the black Friday thing in stores. I hate crowds and never really see anything that really interests me. I do most of my Christmas shopping online. I was hoping to get my Christmas decorations up earlier in the week because we did our Thanksgiving on Saturday, but I ended up having to go out of town unexpectedly so I'll probably be putting up my tree and Christmas decorations on Friday.

LynnZant 11-25-2020 01:26 PM

Eating leftovers and probably putting up the tree. We will see how tired I am. I've already started baking and cooking today, so we'll see how much energy I have left.

sunnycowgirl 11-25-2020 03:56 PM

I’m working the 5am to 4pm shift at the farm store I work at. It’s been a crazy busy year and I’m not looking forward to Black Friday. I’ll be doing some Black Friday online shopping though. I already have most of my Christmas shopping done just need stocking stuffers.

knittingbec 11-25-2020 04:41 PM

I don't need to do much shopping, but if I do realize that I still "need" something, I'll shop online. Other than that, I'm hoping to catch up on chores in the morning, followed by a quiet day of knitting, scrapbooking & movies.

JennNtheBoys 11-25-2020 05:50 PM

No matter how hard I try to have money to do some online shopping, I am always worried about shipping times so I never make it and get the bulk of my shopping done early november.... this year I really didn't want to wait too long to get my orders in because I know the post is going to be extra bogged down this year with more online shopping happening.

Kiana 11-25-2020 06:49 PM

Staying away from all the cooties. lol

Seriously, just hanging inside. If I shop it will be online. Probably watch movies or play games with the family.

nesser1981 11-25-2020 06:53 PM

I'll probably start decorating for Christmas. Usually we go Black Friday shopping in the stores, never with anything specific in mind, it's just fun, I like the festive feel of it all. This year we can't, my husband has Covid, so we're home until December 3rd.

We'd already decided to skip shopping this year before we found out he had Covid.

LeeAndra 11-25-2020 06:55 PM

It'll be just a regular long weekend here for us. I'm still recuperating from foot surgery so I'll have my foot up and scrapping or watching Christmas movies. The kids will be playing video games together in the basement in between doing some chores around the house & meals. Hopefully we'll have Thanksgiving leftovers so I don't have to cook much.

I'm trying to avoid going to the grocery store for as long as possible because I know it will just aggravate my foot so I might be doing some creative meal planning on Friday to make it until Monday. :p

aussiegirl 11-25-2020 08:56 PM

My husband has to work Thanksgiving night to Friday afternoon. We aren't sure if his paycheck will be available on Friday or if we have to wait until Monday. That is a big determining factor on shopping! If the money is there, I'll probably do some online shopping. We usually go out mid to late morning to shop, but I don't feel like standing in hour long lines in a mask. I'd rather shop online. Only downfall is that it doesn't get the business into the local stores. It's all up in the air right now!

nun69 11-25-2020 09:19 PM

maybe shopping online, but keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to just stay busy as we put an offer in on a house yesterday :)

rach3975 11-26-2020 12:41 AM

Any shopping I do will be online. I have a list of a few places that I still want to buy gifts, so I'm hoping there will be deals on the things I'm planning to buy. Not sure who's doing those Thursday vs. Friday, so it's possible I'll have finished the shopping before BF.

Usually we're in NY at my sister's, and part of Friday's tradition is a Bingo game with all the cousins. This year the kids are doing that online in the morning. In the afternoon I think we're going to go hiking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nun69 (Post 1063027187)
keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to just stay busy as we put an offer in on a house yesterday :)

So exciting--good luck!

Saar 11-26-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nun69 (Post 1063027187)
maybe shopping online, but keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to just stay busy as we put an offer in on a house yesterday :)

Oh that's so exciting! Good luck!

jema 11-26-2020 07:45 AM

I've done lots of my shopping online so it'll arrive early. My daughters and I may go Black Friday shopping in the stores, but we go later to avoid the big crowds. My larger in store purchases will be during Shop Small Saturday. We've been trying really hard this year to buy from locally owned stores.

HavaDrPepper 11-26-2020 07:13 PM

I don't do BF shopping in stores normally so that's not an issue this year. I also don't have anyone that I have to get Christmas gifts for so any shopping to be done is for me. If I see something on my Amazon wish list, I'll pick it up. Digital goodies as well.

Otherwise, college football is the theme of my day.

joelsgirl 11-26-2020 07:27 PM

The only Black Friday shopping I did was yesterday at the Ayerveda Experience. They have a face oil that I LOVE, and it was on sale.

It's a regular school day here in the PHilippines. I have two Zoom calls & my kids all have their normal classes. At least we got to share a traditional meal with our bffs last night.

tammybean04 11-26-2020 07:30 PM

I'll be spending it sick. Which makes me said since my kiddo turns 18 on Black Friday.

Kimberly27 11-26-2020 08:57 PM

Sleeping/relaxing! We traveled to Florida to hang out with my in-laws for Thanksgiving and rented a house. We will be laying by the pool at the house and playing games with the kids. We may be doing some shopping online but we do no plan to leave the house though.

mariewilcox 11-27-2020 12:22 AM

The same way I spent Thanksgiving... working. No rest for the weary here; once the Covid nightmare is over I want to take a year off work, the past 9 months have been crazy busy.

JillW 11-27-2020 12:56 PM

I'm relaxing today ... hubby is working so the house will be quiet and I'm going to take advantage of that.

Scrappy Penguin 11-27-2020 07:56 PM

The family had breakfast, did a little shopping and then I took the kids to get haircuts. Then I shopped at the Sweet Shoppe, twice, lol.

Sherri Tierney 11-28-2020 10:45 PM

I didn't leave the house. Covid has ramped up majorly here and no way was I going to spend time in stores. I did online shopping but wasn't thrilled with the sales. There haven't been any decent deals the past few years. I don't need a new TV and that seemed to be the best deals I found. LOL