Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FINALLY... the Bees are being told!! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94102)

JoCee 05-11-2021 07:06 PM

FINALLY... the Bees are being told!!

https://i.imgur.com/U2afHzu.jpg

I AM SO EXCITED!

November 23 is THE day we will finally be able to get together with Claire, Jamie and the gang again and see how they are doing.

It's been a very loooooong wait but...it's finally on its way.

Who is with me? :)

joelsgirl 05-11-2021 07:44 PM

LOL I could not figure out what your title could possible mean.

I have never watched/read the series. It sounds like I would lose at least a month of my life down that rabbit hole, so I've always avoided it.

JoCee 05-11-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1063048484)
LOL I could not figure out what your title could possible mean.

I have never watched/read the series. It sounds like I would lose at least a month of my life down that rabbit hole, so I've always avoided it.

ahhh, but it would be the best month of your life!
a truly amazing series... give it a shot one day, you won't regret it xx

rach3975 05-11-2021 09:17 PM

I'm waiting. I loved the first 7...and then I discovered how LONG the wait is between books. There's no way I can remember it all well enough to just pick up the new book and read it, and each book is way too long to reread the whole series before each new release. So I'll wait until the series is 100% done (which I fully expect will be YEARS from now) and then start from the beginning again.

lovely1m 05-11-2021 09:38 PM

I've never even heard of this. I was so confused. lol

lovely1m 05-11-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1063048494)
I'm waiting. I loved the first 7...and then I discovered how LONG the wait is between books. There's no way I can remember it all well enough to just pick up the new book and read it, and each book is way too long to reread the whole series before each new release. So I'll wait until the series is 100% done (which I fully expect will be YEARS from now) and then start from the beginning again.

This is how the Green Rider series is! She started writing in 1998 and I think she's on book 7 now. It's so good, but its literally years between each book and it kills me.

JoCee 05-11-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

SO true, but I.CAN'T.WAIT, lol!

I keep having that last few sentences in my head at the end of the last book and I WANT to know what happens next ;)

enjoy it when you do finally get to them all.
and yes, huge books with huge waits in between, but so worth it. xx

JoCee 05-11-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 1063048496)
I've never even heard of this. I was so confused. lol

a truly amazing series to get into, and the best thing for you, you can start it right at the beginning and keep going... I'm almost envious, lol xx

JoCee 05-11-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

yep, I think Diana Gabaldon says there will be a Book 10!!!!!!!!!!! another five years or so at my guestimation,:D

KristinCB 05-11-2021 10:00 PM

imagine starting these books when they first came out and then dying before the end of the series is finished? hahaha. sorry I just feel bad for how long this series has been going on and thinking of some of the older people reading them who are thinking "please finish before i kick the bucket"

hahaha

tjscraps 05-11-2021 10:08 PM

I haven't watched or read it either, guess I should before November? lol

craftytam 05-11-2021 10:20 PM

I read book 1, and started book 2, but for some reason didn't continue the series. Maybe I should add it to my "to read" list again :)

cherrygutz 05-11-2021 10:32 PM

Never really liked the first book when I read it in 2011, and only watched up to 4 episodes of the show. But the covers were always enticing though...

LeeAndra 05-11-2021 11:06 PM

I am excited, Jo!

I love the books although I generally skim all the war/strategy talk bits but am struggling with the TV series post-season 3. I'm watching it because I've invested too much to give it up now but I think it's a major yawn-fest (aside from ogling Sam, of course).

StacyLynn 05-11-2021 11:23 PM

ME! ME! ME!
I can not wait!! I am working my way through re-reading the whole series again right now. On Drums of Autumn right now.

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1063048501)
imagine starting these books when they first came out and then dying before the end of the series is finished? hahaha. sorry I just feel bad for how long this series has been going on and thinking of some of the older people reading them who are thinking "please finish before i kick the bucket"

hahaha

Seriously! I just laughed out loud, and I mean LOUD, at this. brilliant... and true!

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjscraps (Post 1063048502)
I haven't watched or read it either, guess I should before November? lol

take your time to relish it, no rush, there are 8 door stopper books to get through first but oh, enjoy every single minute

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1063048503)
I read book 1, and started book 2, but for some reason didn't continue the series. Maybe I should add it to my "to read" list again :)

a great idea ;) they are fab

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrygutz (Post 1063048505)
Never really liked the first book when I read it in 2011, and only watched up to 4 episodes of the show. But the covers were always enticing though...

the first book is the hardest to get through as it lays the foundations for the story but the first 200 pages or so are.... a tough read

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeAndra (Post 1063048507)
I am excited, Jo!

I love the books although I generally skim all the war/strategy talk bits but am struggling with the TV series post-season 3. I'm watching it because I've invested too much to give it up now but I think it's a major yawn-fest (aside from ogling Sam, of course).

keep going LA, it is fantastic. the acting just keeps getting better and better. xx

JoCee 05-11-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyLynn (Post 1063048512)
ME! ME! ME!
I can not wait!! I am working my way through re-reading the whole series again right now. On Drums of Autumn right now.

woohoooo! you go girl! I've re-read the series once and devour each tv season. they filming now for the next season.. can't wait for that either but at least now we have a book to finally look forward to xx

wendyp 05-12-2021 12:42 AM

I love love love the serie (you already knew). But never readed the books yet, wich i really wanna do. So i think i gonna start soon. Anyway i'm re-watching the serie for the 3th time now...

JoCee 05-12-2021 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyp (Post 1063048529)
I love love love the serie (you already knew). But never readed the books yet, wich i really wanna do. So i think i gonna start soon. Anyway i'm re-watching the serie for the 3th time now...

yes I know ;)
enjoy every second and when you can, read the books, so much detail that can't go into the tv show. xx

StacyLynn 05-12-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoCee (Post 1063048518)
woohoooo! you go girl! I've re-read the series once and devour each tv season. they filming now for the next season.. can't wait for that either but at least now we have a book to finally look forward to xx

I can't even count the amount of times I've watch the series.... It's my go-to even if I'm trying to get stuff done.... like Sunday I was making masks for Disney and watched 7 or 8 episodes while I was sewing. lol

lovely1m 05-12-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1063048501)

hahaha

omg. lol :D:D:D