Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who still prints photos? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83425)

Bunty1983 01-21-2016 12:49 AM

Who still prints photos?

Another post by me about photos lol! sorry!

How do you keep track of all your photos? Do you only scrap them or print them too?

I scrap a lot now but I take a crazy amount of pics so there are always tons left that I don't scrap. Leaving them on the laptop feels like they are lost in cyber world. I've been thinking about printing them but in two minds whether to do an old school print and pop them in an album or print them many to a page in an A4 photo book.
Just looking for ideas I guess!

clearskies 01-21-2016 01:14 AM

I print for Project Life and to send to my mom...that's about it.

rach3975 01-21-2016 08:01 AM

I only print what I want to hang up. I do Project Life and traditional 12x12 digital layouts. Between the 2, I get all the best photos into our albums. I keep the rest digitally only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nixenkind 01-22-2016 01:59 AM

I print my PL, regularly. But that's about it at the moment. I must admit, "normal" photo albums have pretty much lost their appeal for me...

angiepangie 01-22-2016 06:52 AM

I don't digitally scrap everything either - some of the extra photos have just been printed and put in to regular albums with text next to them, others I use for Project Life. I like to have everything printed off so the kids can look at them whenever they like, regardless of how it's done. :) I always have to print photos regardless of how I scrap anyway - I'm always updating regular photo albums of the kids for the great-grandparents - so I guess printing photos is still pretty normal for me. ;)

Valgal 01-22-2016 10:08 AM

I don't print photos, BUT one of my goals this year is to go back and make straight up photo books (not a bunch of layouts) off all the unscrapped photos I have. Right now if I want to reminisce I have to sit at the computer to gaze at my babies and cry, lol! I'd rather curl up with a book and box of tissues ;)

zakirahzakaria 01-22-2016 11:12 AM

I don't print photos anymore. I used to, but then we ended up with 3 heavy photo albums containing around 500 photos. So now I'm shedding the weight with PL albums instead.

tjscraps 01-23-2016 12:22 AM

I don't do prints, but I do a family 'yearbook' every year of all the photos (faves) - it is usually about 100 pages. No elements, papers, or journalling, just a photobook. I decided to do that instead of albums because, well, I'm lazy. I can put them in order (or let the photobook software do it for me), then they arrive already in order in a bound book. If I got prints, I'd have to put them in order, then put them in an album, and I know I just wouldn't do it lol

clucaswvu04 01-23-2016 12:11 PM

I print pictures that are getting hung in the house - the ones that are downstairs and in the living spaces for the family are usually bigger prints (11x14 is the smallest, most of them are 16x20s because I like bigger prints lol) but each of my kids have lots of frames in their rooms that I print pictures for them regularly. I also print pictures for both sets of parents that I add traditional pages to PL style albums for them, it's easier to add to their albums that way (and the kids add notes in there of things they do). Our family photos though are printed in a family year book.