Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   March Passport...How are you doing? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90534)

craftytam 03-22-2019 02:15 PM

March Passport...How are you doing?

There are 9 days left in March (honestly, I don't know where this month went. LOL!).

How are you doing on your March Passport challenge LOs?

Do you have any challenges that you are struggling with?

Valgal 03-22-2019 02:21 PM

I'm trying to get 12 done this month, I think I just finished my 8th one.

craftytam 03-22-2019 02:22 PM

I have 6 to go.
My Grandpa passed away on Wednesday and that has kind of made scrapping a bit more challenging (added to the challenges we're having with my oldest son). I'm leaving for CA on Sunday to help my mom.

The one that is challenging me the most is #2 - scrap with a designer outside my comfort zone. I think I've scrapped with kits from every designer here at SSD, and I'm comfortable with them all, so I'm not sure what to do with this one. :)

craftytam 03-22-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062953520)
I'm trying to get 12 done this month, I think I just finished my 8th one.

That's great, Val!!
Are there any that are a more of a struggle that you've left for later?

knittingbec 03-22-2019 02:43 PM

I'm so sorry about your grandpa...but what a blessing to have had him for so many years!

I just finished my 14th layout and down to the last 4... for one, I need a friend to send some pictures, so I hope she hurries up with that! Then I'm down to seasonal, featured designer & wild-card. Featured designer is hard for me because I think toooooo much about the "inspiration" piece. I really can't believe I've done 18+18+14=50(!!!) pages this year. Last year I did 3 besides my weekly PL. (Full disclosure, I'm suuuuuper behind on this year's PL!)

Gemma 03-22-2019 02:50 PM

I've got 6 left to do, I'm not struggling with them as such because they're all easy but I've got a scrappy block which sucks, I have deleted so many pages the past 2 weeks because they annoy me lol. Tonight once I've ate I'm going to try and finish 2 pages I have saved so fingers crossed for me.

karlimarie 03-22-2019 03:05 PM

I was really inspired this month and breezed through the challenges. I think I was finished by the 15th, which is crazy for me. I think I've only finished blackout once, so I'm pretty proud of myself! I also got 2 GSOs and an almost GSO... which made me feel really on top of my game.

Leablahblah 03-22-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062953521)
I have 6 to go.
My Grandpa passed away on Wednesday and that has kind of made scrapping a bit more challenging (added to the challenges we're having with my oldest son). I'm leaving for CA on Sunday to help my mom.

The one that is challenging me the most is #2 - scrap with a designer outside my comfort zone. I think I've scrapped with kits from every designer here at SSD, and I'm comfortable with them all, so I'm not sure what to do with this one. :)

I'm so sorry about your grandpa Tammy.

Maybe for the challenging one, scrap with a kit you don't like. That's what I did. I hate the colors orange and brown together (the Gamer kit)

Only 9 days left in March?? I'm screwed!
I still have 6 to do after I finish the one I'm working on now.

Vargschick 03-22-2019 04:40 PM

This is the first time I've been able to participate, and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I have one more to do to finish the entire passport! It has been helping me to feel more creative. As I have been completely lacking in that department lately, but still have the itch for - if that makes any sense. Haha!

aussiegirl 03-22-2019 04:47 PM

I am officially DONE! I still need to post a couple, but all the prompts have been finished!!!

Tammy, for the different designer style one, maybe try scrapping in a style you don't normally scrap? If you don't normally do pocket pages, try one of those? I scrapped a heavily paint splatter layout (I'm really bad with paints). Or look through you stash and see who you don't have many kits from (like maybe only 1 from a certain designer?) And scrap with that kit or purchase a new one from them? Just some ideas!!!

There are still 9 days left in this month....so those of you struggling, if you did 2 layouts a day, you could have a total of 18 more layouts finished!!! You can do it!!!!!

craftytam 03-22-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062953526)
I'm so sorry about your grandpa...but what a blessing to have had him for so many years!

I just finished my 14th layout and down to the last 4... for one, I need a friend to send some pictures, so I hope she hurries up with that! Then I'm down to seasonal, featured designer & wild-card. Featured designer is hard for me because I think toooooo much about the "inspiration" piece. I really can't believe I've done 18+18+14=50(!!!) pages this year. Last year I did 3 besides my weekly PL. (Full disclosure, I'm suuuuuper behind on this year's PL!)

Thank you, Rebecca! He was 104 (2 months, 3 days shy of 105) :)

Wow!! You're doing an awesome job, especially with going back to work! LOL! I think in the description of PL it should have the disclosure "you will always be behind" ;) You can do it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 1062953529)
I've got 6 left to do, I'm not struggling with them as such because they're all easy but I've got a scrappy block which sucks, I have deleted so many pages the past 2 weeks because they annoy me lol. Tonight once I've ate I'm going to try and finish 2 pages I have saved so fingers crossed for me.

Aaaw! I'm sorry, Gemma! It sucks when you don't like the way your LOs are coming out. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll get them where you want them!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062953537)
I was really inspired this month and breezed through the challenges. I think I was finished by the 15th, which is crazy for me. I think I've only finished blackout once, so I'm pretty proud of myself! I also got 2 GSOs and an almost GSO... which made me feel really on top of my game.

That's awesome, Karli-Marie!! You had some amazing LOs this month! Congrats on the GSOs!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062953545)
I'm so sorry about your grandpa Tammy.

Maybe for the challenging one, scrap with a kit you don't like. That's what I did. I hate the colors orange and brown together (the Gamer kit)

Only 9 days left in March?? I'm screwed!
I still have 6 to do after I finish the one I'm working on now.

Thank you, Lea!

LOL! I saw that your note about not liking the colors of the kit. It made me laugh!
You can do it! Only 6 in 9 days!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargschick (Post 1062953552)
This is the first time I've been able to participate, and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I have one more to do to finish the entire passport! It has been helping me to feel more creative. As I have been completely lacking in that department lately, but still have the itch for - if that makes any sense. Haha!

I'm so glad you're participating this month, Janice! And, finishing the whole thing in your first month, that's awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062953553)
I am officially DONE! I still need to post a couple, but all the prompts have been finished!!!

Tammy, for the different designer style one, maybe try scrapping in a style you don't normally scrap? If you don't normally do pocket pages, try one of those? I scrapped a heavily paint splatter layout (I'm really bad with paints). Or look through you stash and see who you don't have many kits from (like maybe only 1 from a certain designer?) And scrap with that kit or purchase a new one from them? Just some ideas!!!

There are still 9 days left in this month....so those of you struggling, if you did 2 layouts a day, you could have a total of 18 more layouts finished!!! You can do it!!!!!

Congratulations, Dawn! That's fantastic!!
After I posted about struggling with #2, I realized that I haven't scrapped with anything from Simple Pleasure Designs yet, although I've bough a few... maybe I'll do that :)

KimGeling 03-22-2019 07:29 PM

I have two to go and a few more comments to leave in the gallery so I'll be aiming to be done by the end of the weekend. I'm not completely happy with some of my layouts but they will do for the challenges and then I can decide later whether or not to add them to my photo books for printing. The ones I have left are the easy ones, the font and wild card so I'm done with the tricky ones.

craftytam 03-23-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimGeling (Post 1062953566)
I have two to go and a few more comments to leave in the gallery so I'll be aiming to be done by the end of the weekend. I'm not completely happy with some of my layouts but they will do for the challenges and then I can decide later whether or not to add them to my photo books for printing. The ones I have left are the easy ones, the font and wild card so I'm done with the tricky ones.

That's awesome, Kim!!
LOL! I always tell myself to do the difficult ones first, but then human nature takes over and I do the easy ones :p

bcgal00 03-23-2019 03:09 PM

I'm so close.....I've got 3 left to do!!!! Yay for me! I'm glad I worked a lot last week on my challenges so this wk is totally doable to finish them up.

craftytam 03-23-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062953644)
I'm so close.....I've got 3 left to do!!!! Yay for me! I'm glad I worked a lot last week on my challenges so this wk is totally doable to finish them up.

Oh, you'll be done in no time, Rae!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

knittingbec 03-24-2019 12:37 AM

Just 2-and-a-title to go!

aurian 03-24-2019 07:05 AM

Season 3 and 4 of 'The 100' on Netflix stole my nights this month (oops!). I think I've completed 5 layouts from March's Passport.

rach3975 03-24-2019 02:53 PM

I haven't scrapped much this month since my old computer has finally just slowed down too much. Conveniently Dell had a sale, so I ordered a new one and spent a lot of the last few weeks organizing and purging my scrap stash. I'll try again in April.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rdjrneace 03-24-2019 04:57 PM

Absolutely no desire in the month of March to do any scrapping. I think I have created maybe 6-7 and they actually all were for CT duties Hoping my mojo comes back in April.

Leablahblah 03-24-2019 05:03 PM

4 to go!

ellasspace 03-24-2019 08:20 PM

6 to go, but on spring break this week ... so :( it might come down to crunch time if I finish the last 6.

kelley 03-25-2019 10:53 AM

I am SO behind!! I don't know how I'll finish. I think I only have done. I'm going to try though!

bcgal00 03-25-2019 11:37 AM

Yay.....one to go for me and its the wildcard challenge so that means I can scrap anything I want. What a great way to finish this up!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062953655)
Just 2-and-a-title to go!

That's fantastic, Rebecca!! Way to go! [emoji322]

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurian (Post 1062953660)
Season 3 and 4 of 'The 100' on Netflix stole my nights this month (oops!). I think I've completed 5 layouts from March's Passport.

Haha!! That's funny! Maybe you can get a few more done!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1062953679)
I haven't scrapped much this month since my old computer has finally just slowed down too much. Conveniently Dell had a sale, so I ordered a new one and spent a lot of the last few weeks organizing and purging my scrap stash. I'll try again in April.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yay for a new computer!!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdjrneace (Post 1062953686)
Absolutely no desire in the month of March to do any scrapping. I think I have created maybe 6-7 and they actually all were for CT duties Hoping my mojo comes back in April.

I hope your mojo comes back in April, Debbie! Maybe the beautiful spring weather will help!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062953688)
4 to go!

That's awesome, Lea!! Even your move didn't slow you down!!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellasspace (Post 1062953698)
6 to go, but on spring break this week ... so :( it might come down to crunch time if I finish the last 6.

You can do it, Ella!!! Enjoy spring break! Did you go on a trip, or just enjoying relaxing at home?

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelley (Post 1062953722)
I am SO behind!! I don't know how I'll finish. I think I only have done. I'm going to try though!

You can do it, Kelley!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062953725)
Yay.....one to go for me and its the wildcard challenge so that means I can scrap anything I want. What a great way to finish this up!

That's a great one to leave for last! It's kind of a reward to get to scrap anything you would like!

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:15 PM

I'm at my mom's in CA helping get ready for my Grandpa's funeral, and clean out his house. I brought my laptop so I can scrap at night. My plan is to finish all 18!! I still have 6 to go [emoji16]

bcgal00 03-25-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062953740)
I'm at my mom's in CA helping get ready for my Grandpa's funeral, and clean out his house. I brought my laptop so I can scrap at night. My plan is to finish all 18!! I still have 6 to go [emoji16]

Just wanted to send hugs for you as you help your family in this difficult time. I hope scrapping gets your mind off things and brings joy. It's not easy losing loved ones.

craftytam 03-25-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1062953741)
Just wanted to send hugs for you as you help your family in this difficult time. I hope scrapping gets your mind off things and brings joy. It's not easy losing loved ones.

Thank you so much, Rae [emoji3590] It was really strange being at my Grandpa's house without him there. I am looking forward to scrapping in the evenings.

Leablahblah 03-25-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062953743)
Thank you so much, Rae [emoji3590] It was really strange being at my Grandpa's house without him there. I am looking forward to scrapping in the evenings.

Good luck to you Tammy!

allyanne 03-25-2019 03:14 PM

I have one left to do, but it's the list one, and I really hate those. I just don't normally scrap lists of things I want to do, but the things that I've already done, so it's hard to get excited about making a page I will probably never print. I've tried to think outside the box on this one, but nothing is working for me. I'll most likely just whip something up and call it done, lol. I've loved all the other challenges this month, though!

craftytam 03-25-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062953751)
Good luck to you Tammy!

Thank you, Lea!! :wub:

craftytam 03-25-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062953754)
I have one left to do, but it's the list one, and I really hate those. I just don't normally scrap lists of things I want to do, but the things that I've already done, so it's hard to get excited about making a page I will probably never print. I've tried to think outside the box on this one, but nothing is working for me. I'll most likely just whip something up and call it done, lol. I've loved all the other challenges this month, though!

You can do it, Ally!!
Maybe you could do it with a scrapbook slant? Are there any skills that you want to learn?

allyanne 03-26-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062953796)
You can do it, Ally!!
Maybe you could do it with a scrapbook slant? Are there any skills that you want to learn?

Thanks, Tammy! I figured out how to put my list on a Project Life spread, so I feel good about the whole thing now. Hoping to get it finished and uploaded by the weekend.

craftytam 03-26-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062953811)
Thanks, Tammy! I figured out how to put my list on a Project Life spread, so I feel good about the whole thing now. Hoping to get it finished and uploaded by the weekend.

Awesome!! I'm glad you found a way to make it work!

cooperL788 03-28-2019 04:14 PM

I finished, but mostly because I was laid up with a cold last weekend. I didn't have energy for much, but it's easy to let my creative brain take over and play on the computer. I'm still feeling crummy, but I'm hoping the silver lining will be more layouts completed towards my son's baby book! The Failure prompt was SO hard!! I really hate admitting defeat, and not just to post about it, but make a whole layout dedicated to it - ahhhh!!! It's done, but definitely was a huge challenge for me.

craftytam 03-28-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperL788 (Post 1062954084)
I finished, but mostly because I was laid up with a cold last weekend. I didn't have energy for much, but it's easy to let my creative brain take over and play on the computer. I'm still feeling crummy, but I'm hoping the silver lining will be more layouts completed towards my son's baby book! The Failure prompt was SO hard!! I really hate admitting defeat, and not just to post about it, but make a whole layout dedicated to it - ahhhh!!! It's done, but definitely was a huge challenge for me.

Congratulations!! I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you had some time to scrap!

craftytam 03-28-2019 10:14 PM

It looks like I'm not going to finish my Passport this month. I'm bummed, but like last year, I'm sure it will be the only month I don't finish. I'm not sure what it is about March, but the last 2 years March has not been my favorite :crying:

Gemma 03-29-2019 03:13 AM

I still have 4 pages to go, I don't know what's wrong with me this month, it's like I haven't had time to sit and scrap but I've not been any busier than other months! Hopefully I can get them done but I won't stress if I can't.

craftytam 03-29-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 1062954148)
I still have 4 pages to go, I don't know what's wrong with me this month, it's like I haven't had time to sit and scrap but I've not been any busier than other months! Hopefully I can get them done but I won't stress if I can't.

I'm sure you can get them done, Gemma!!

eve11ne 03-31-2019 02:48 AM

I still have 4 pages to do as well, too many stuff happenings in my household this month (3 bday celebrations, a lot of kids' sports and work has been busy too)
I thought I'll be done earlier since I love the prompts for this month :)