Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Archives (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   2016 Challenge Bingo FAQ (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83244)

anelia 01-24-2016 12:28 PM

One question please -- will we be able to upload our cards after the launch of the new site because I'm not finished with mine yet.

Libby Pritchett 01-24-2016 12:32 PM

Yes! There will still be time to load card after the site comes back up. We're planning on being back on live next Friday night (1/29) at around midnight EST.

anelia 01-24-2016 03:38 PM

Thanks a lot, Libby! This is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

icindi 01-30-2016 04:06 PM

Where do we post the layout that we scrap lifted? Or do we need to?
Thanks

julifish 01-30-2016 04:21 PM

For your scraplift page just make sure you give credit in the gallery and say which layout and who you lifted. :)

rach3975 01-31-2016 10:20 PM

We have until tomorrow night to upload LOs for the January Bingo Challenge, right? Will the deadline be extended at all this time because of the downtime? I know the gallery came back up this afternoon, but I probably won't have time to get all of my layouts posted until late tomorrow.

Libby Pritchett 01-31-2016 10:49 PM

Yes, Robin mentioned that we'd give you guys a couple of extra days this month because of the craziness with the downtime.

I'll be selecting winners on Friday, so I'd say that if you have everything posted by Thursday night at midnight EST, you should be fine. That's 3 extra days. :)

Robin Carlton 01-31-2016 11:56 PM

That sounds great to me too Libby!

rach3975 02-01-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062796468)
Yes, Robin mentioned that we'd give you guys a couple of extra days this month because of the craziness with the downtime.

I'll be selecting winners on Friday, so I'd say that if you have everything posted by Thursday night at midnight EST, you should be fine. That's 3 extra days. :)

Perfect, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

anelia 02-01-2016 07:52 AM

About February prompt #23 - teeny tiny alphas -- how should I interpret this? I'm not sure I get it.

nietis 02-01-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062796512)
About February prompt #23 - teeny tiny alphas -- how should I interpret this? I'm not sure I get it.

I think it means using a relatively tiny alpha in your page.

Libby Pritchett 02-01-2016 10:47 AM

That's correct... just a super small alpha.

anelia 02-01-2016 12:14 PM

Thanks girls!

karen32 02-01-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062793827)

Any product by CURRENT ssd designers is acceptable. This includes retired product, freebies, or things you may have picked up at other stores. As long as it is designed by a current designer, that's completely fine.

I just want to make sure I understand before I start the Bingo challenges... So if I have a kit from Amber Shaw that she sold in a previous store, but it is not in the SSD store, can I use it for Bingo?

nietis 02-01-2016 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karen32 (Post 1062796625)
I just want to make sure I understand before I start the Bingo challenges... So if I have a kit from Amber Shaw that she sold in a previous store, but it is not in the SSD store, can I use it for Bingo?

Yes, you can. So long as the designer is selling in SSD :)

Saar 02-03-2016 01:55 PM

Do you ladies have any suggestions on what kit to choose for the color challenge? (Pink, white, red, black and grey). I'm clueless!

shunnstergirl 02-03-2016 02:44 PM

I think this one from Red Ivy would work, Sarah:

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...eartfelt_i.jpg

I'm sure there are others, but I thought of that one first.

jacinda 02-03-2016 03:07 PM

That's the one I used for it. The challenge prompt is a jumping off point. I think if you used as many of the stated colours as possible, that's in the spirit of the challenge. If the kit you use doesn't have one of the colours, I wouldn't stress about it.

Saar 02-04-2016 12:12 AM

Thank you ladies!
That is a beautiful kit.

anelia 02-06-2016 04:22 PM

When are the coupons for January going to be send out?

Libby Pritchett 02-06-2016 04:25 PM

Coupons are good for the second full week (M-F) of the month, so I would imagine they'll probably go out tomorrow. :)

michelepixels 02-20-2016 09:59 PM

What is "making sweet memories" that we're supposed to use to tell our scrapbook story according to the Bingo card item in the second row, 4th square? If it's a kit, that means if we can't buy anything right now, we can't fill up the board. :( I was aiming for filling the board, hoping to earn the top coupon so I can buy a kit I found today that I love. I have no more scrap budget for this month.

Robin Carlton 02-20-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelepixels (Post 1062802350)
What is "making sweet memories" that we're supposed to use to tell our scrapbook story according to the Bingo card item in the second row, 4th square? If it's a kit, that means if we can't buy anything right now, we can't fill up the board. :( I was aiming for filling the board, hoping to earn the top coupon so I can buy a kit I found today that I love. I have no more scrap budget for this month.

It's our 10th Anniversary collab kit that's free with a $20 purchase...

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...roductid=33330

michelepixels 02-20-2016 11:56 PM

Bummer. I really can't spend any money right now.

meagan43 02-21-2016 06:49 PM

I am new to the challenges here. I just want to make sure that I have the process right.
I download the Bingo card and do any of the challenges listed on it to create a Bingo. I do not have to post the individual LOs in a particular thread, just the one Card with the preview of each completed LO in the right spot in the main Bingo thread for that month. Is that right?
The LOs must be mostly current SSD Designers (although retired product is ok).
I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. That I do not have post in multiple locations.
Thanks

nietis 02-21-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meagan43 (Post 1062802595)
I am new to the challenges here. I just want to make sure that I have the process right.
I download the Bingo card and do any of the challenges listed on it to create a Bingo. I do not have to post the individual LOs in a particular thread, just the one Card with the preview of each completed LO in the right spot in the main Bingo thread for that month. Is that right?
The LOs must be mostly current SSD Designers (although retired product is ok).
I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. That I do not have post in multiple locations.
Thanks

Hi and welcome! :)
Yes what you said is correct. You also have to upload the layouts in the SSD gallery.

LoriJ 02-25-2016 08:48 PM

With the birthday challenges, can you use a page for both the bingo and the birthday challenge or do they all have to be individual and unique?

nietis 02-25-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriJ (Post 1062803938)
With the birthday challenges, can you use a page for both the bingo and the birthday challenge or do they all have to be individual and unique?

I think I've seen people combining both and there's no restriction been told about it. I've done it too, so I guess, it's okay...

LoriJ 02-26-2016 05:32 PM

Awesome Sherly, that is the answer that I was hoping to hear! LOL!

jnac916 03-02-2016 09:58 PM

Hi ladies, this is my first time trying to do some challenges for the bingo card. I have a question about the square : First, middle or last. Do we need to include all three, like a sequence or can it be just singular? For example, if there was a race and I decided to scrap pictures of the people who came in first place and last place and maybe a person who was middle of that range, would I have to scrap all three together or could I just make a layout of who won first place?

nietis 03-02-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnac916 (Post 1062806553)
Hi ladies, this is my first time trying to do some challenges for the bingo card. I have a question about the square : First, middle or last. Do we need to include all three, like a sequence or can it be just singular? For example, if there was a race and I decided to scrap pictures of the people who came in first place and last place and maybe a person who was middle of that range, would I have to scrap all three together or could I just make a layout of who won first place?

Hi! I think the challenge is open to your interpretation. You can do the one wins the first place or the second or the last or all the three. Notice that it uses 'or' instead of 'and'. So, it is not that restrictive. :)

aurian 03-02-2016 11:53 PM

I just wanted to query about March Bingo challenge #5: 'Paisley, swirls and/or doodles".

Does this mean you can use any of the three in a layout, or do both paisley and swirls need to be used with doodling as an additional option? Going by Sherly's response to another challenge above I'm wondering if it's an 'OR' challenge for this one? Thanks in advance. :)

jak 03-03-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurian (Post 1062806575)
I just wanted to query about March Bingo challenge #5: 'Paisley, swirls and/or doodles".

Does this mean you can use any of the three in a layout, or do both paisley and swirls need to be used with doodling as an additional option? Going by Sherly's response to another challenge above I'm wondering if it's an 'OR' challenge for this one? Thanks in advance. :)

Seeing as the prompts are always fairly open to interpretation, I'd interpret that as you can use all three if you want, or just one, or any combination of the three :).

renatasluis 03-03-2016 03:58 AM

What does dept of field means ?.
And what to to for journaling bullet ?

anelia 03-03-2016 04:20 AM

Depth of field (in photography) is the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in a scene that appear acceptably sharp in an image. A camera can only focus its lens at a single point, but there will be an area that stretches in front of and behind this focus point that still appears sharp. This zone is known as the depth of field. It’s not a fixed distance, it changes in size and can be described as either ‘shallow’ (where only a narrow zone appears sharp) or deep (where more of the picture appears sharp).

This is a good example of deep and shallow depth of field (everything is in focus or just one object in focus)

As to bullet journaling, I believe we should use bulleted text. This is an example.

renatasluis 03-03-2016 07:20 AM

thanks

jnac916 03-03-2016 11:21 AM

thank you for answering my question.

icindi 03-04-2016 10:59 AM

Here's a silly question: What size is the Bingo challenge card? Trying to create a file the same size and trial and error is not the best way to do it!

Robin Carlton 03-04-2016 12:05 PM

Cindi, it's 1000px x 1289px :)

R

sardley 03-04-2016 05:49 PM

Okay, this is probably really dumb but with regards to bingo # 7 what is a scoop or a dip?