Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fellow Floridians - Stay Strong! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91266)

DivaMom96 08-29-2019 09:33 PM

Fellow Floridians - Stay Strong!

hey all you Floridians! with the threat of hurricane dorian hitting us, just wanted to send out a chazak (stay strong in hebrew) to everyone. let's all try to stick together during this scary time.

what are you doing to prepare?

nietis 08-29-2019 11:48 PM

Stay safe, people!! :hugs:

Saar 08-30-2019 03:16 AM

Stay safe. :wub:
Let us know how you are all doing when you can and have electricity.

biancka 08-30-2019 04:08 AM

Keeping you all in my thoughts and stay safe !! ♥

cherrygutz 08-30-2019 08:35 AM

Stay safe everyone!

scrappy.jen 08-30-2019 08:58 AM

I’m supposed to be leaving for a cruise on Sunday out of Miami! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icindi 08-30-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlmurrell (Post 1062970286)
I’m supposed to be leaving for a cruise on Sunday out of Miami! [emoji51]

Oh no!!!! That can’t be good!!! Let us know what happens.

bcgal00 08-30-2019 12:30 PM

Stay safe everyone.

gwalters 08-30-2019 12:30 PM

I am scared! We live in Boynton - right where it is forecast to hit as a Cat 4, and now they are saying, maybe even 5. Stay safe fellow Floridians!!

YepBrook 08-30-2019 12:37 PM

We live in Boca... it’s not looking good for us in southern Palm Beach County. But the latest advisory shows it slowing before the turn north. I’m praying it ends up skimming the coast like Matthew did!

mrsashbaugh 08-30-2019 01:04 PM

Prayers for you all! [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

YepBrook 08-30-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwalters (Post 1062970316)
I am scared! We live in Boynton - right where it is forecast to hit as a Cat 4, and now they are saying, maybe even 5. Stay safe fellow Floridians!!

We are super close to each other! I drive to Boynton pretty much weekly. Stay safe!!!

KingsQueen82 08-30-2019 02:11 PM

Thinking of, and praying for you all! <3 Stay safe!

craftytam 08-30-2019 02:19 PM

Stay safe!! Keep us posted when you can :wub:

aussiegirl 08-30-2019 10:29 PM

Praying for all of you, and my other FL friends!

Jen, is your cruise still planned to leave as scheduled? Some in my Disney cruise page on Facebook are being able to reschedule their cruises!

gwalters 08-31-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YepBrook (Post 1062970326)
We are super close to each other! I drive to Boynton pretty much weekly. Stay safe!!!

You stay safe, as well. Looks like it is getting a bit better for us - hope it gets pushed back out into the ocean!

MegCreations 08-31-2019 12:25 PM

Positive thoughts and prayers will you all!

scrappy.jen 09-01-2019 08:42 AM

Well last night we finally received word they were going to push our cruise date back to leave on Wednesday and we would cruise a modified 4-day itinerary. Now hoping the storm moves away and doesn’t affect the new plan!

Neverland Scraps 09-01-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlmurrell (Post 1062970517)
Well last night we finally received word they were going to push our cruise date back to leave on Wednesday and we would cruise a modified 4-day itinerary. Now hoping the storm moves away and doesn’t affect the new plan!

I'm sorry you aren't getting to leave today, but am thankful you have a new plan. Praying the storm passes and doesn't affect your cruise.

scrappy.jen 09-01-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062970532)
I'm sorry you aren't getting to leave today, but am thankful you have a new plan. Praying the storm passes and doesn't affect your cruise.

Thank you! We’ve since decided to load up and head south to start our vacation either way. We are currently on a sight-seeing adventure!

scrappinnewbie 09-01-2019 02:04 PM

According to the forecast, things are getting a little better. We are still watching Dorian's movement very closely and are fairly prepared if it changes.

I am praying Dorian will keep pushing out into the ocean and the rain and storm surge is very minor.

I will be grateful for buckets of rain with low wind over a CAT 4/5 any time. I won't complain sloshing around in the puddles...lol..

Stay safe all!

JennNtheBoys 09-06-2019 08:40 PM

I'm glad everyone made it through the storm ok. We are about to get Hit with Dorian tomorrow (in Nova Scotia), it was down to a Cat 1 and has picked up speed and with hit us as a Cat 2. The last time a Cat 2 hit us was Juan back in 03 and it caused so much destruction! (I know cat 2 is probably nothing compared to what you all get hit with regularly, they are rough on our little Province that's not used to them. *sigh* I'm still hoping she takes a sudden turn and just misses us (as most hurricanes do), but as of right now it doesn't look like that's very likely.

Neverland Scraps 09-06-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlmurrell (Post 1062970538)
Thank you! We’ve since decided to load up and head south to start our vacation either way. We are currently on a sight-seeing adventure!

Thinking of you and wondering how your trip is going :wub:

YepBrook 09-06-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062971369)
I'm glad everyone made it through the storm ok. We are about to get Hit with Dorian tomorrow (in Nova Scotia), it was down to a Cat 1 and has picked up speed and with hit us as a Cat 2. The last time a Cat 2 hit us was Juan back in 03 and it caused so much destruction! (I know cat 2 is probably nothing compared to what you all get hit with regularly, they are rough on our little Province that's not used to them. *sigh* I'm still hoping she takes a sudden turn and just misses us (as most hurricanes do), but as of right now it doesn't look like that's very likely.

Oh, man, I’m so sorry Jenn! I agree they hit you all up north so much harder because your homes, roads, trees, etc... the whole infrastructure of your city isn’t like ours where we prepare and almost expect to get hit at least once a year :( I hope it passes and doesn’t make landfall!

mrsashbaugh 09-06-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062971369)

Prayers that it will turn and miss you guys!

JennNtheBoys 09-07-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh (Post 1062971385)
Prayers that it will turn and miss you guys!

It’s pretty bad.... power went out around 2pm.... estimated time to get it back is around 11pm on Monday. That’s just a general number.... there are multiple lines down in our area and we are probably last on a list of priorities being a small populated area. My hubby is a firefighter / first responder and the calls for his dept and surrounding depts have been coming in non stop. We just live a few houses down fr the hall so the kids and I went down to cook supper and charge up devices so we are all good.

mrsashbaugh 09-07-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1062971464)
It’s pretty bad.... power went out around 2pm.... estimated time to get it back is around 11pm on Monday. That’s just a general number.... there are multiple lines down in our area and we are probably last on a list of priorities being a small populated area. My hubby is a firefighter / first responder and the calls for his dept and surrounding depts have been coming in non stop. We just live a few houses down fr the hall so the kids and I went down to cook supper and charge up devices so we are all good.

Oh no! So sorry to hear things aren't going well, but glad to hear you all are safe. Hope the power will come back on sooner than what is expected!

JennNtheBoys 09-07-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh (Post 1062971465)
Oh no! So sorry to hear things aren't going well, but glad to hear you all are safe. Hope the power will come back on sooner than what is expected!

The hard part is zero communication at home.... there is no cell service in our town and our house phone system is digital so no power equals no phone. So thankful for access to the hall to be able to jump on wifi to check on things. The rest of the Province looks to be in a huge mess.