Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So I printed a layout... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78786)

zakirahzakaria 09-08-2014 06:49 AM

So I printed a layout...

...and it turned out AMAZING!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps86eee705.jpg

Link to the original page: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...family&cat=500

Now I don't know why I didn't print ANY of my layouts before... I actually printed that page as a reference for my mom's new psychiatrist, which we'll be seeing tomorrow.

As you can see, I placed the printed page (about 8"x8" size) into a page protector. I bought the page protector when I planned to start doing PL this year (which didn't happen, sadly).

Now I'm gonna print a few more pages and build an album from there. I'm excited! :w00t: :thumbup:

A question for those who've printed their pages before: Do you prefer to print them as a photobook (bound pages) instead?

annet83 09-08-2014 07:40 AM

I print books all the time, mostly of my vacations but I also make a yearbook every year. Browsing through the pages for real is so much more fun than digitally browsing!

Jjriward 09-08-2014 08:46 AM

That looks amazing! It totally looks like a traditional LO, not a digital one!

nesser1981 09-08-2014 08:50 AM

I always do photobooks, but I don't print until I have a Chronological time period completed. Like I just ordered my December 2012 album and January-May 2013 album.

But, I do have an about me album that is just prints.

The whole first year I did prints, and they were 12x12's. They were super expensive and they take up so much more room than photobooks.

scrap2day 09-08-2014 09:22 AM

Beautiful! Definitely print them out. It is so fun to sit and page through an album (and I'm sure your family would enjoy looking at them also).

I print both ways. Lately I've been printing more bound books but I've been considering printing more layouts separately again.

MamaBee 09-08-2014 10:08 AM

I love bounded books - I think people look at them more in book form... but since I don't create pages in order, I only have thick 8x8 binders of just pages... someday when I win the lottery, I'll convert them all to bound books... haha... right now I just settle for vacation, dec daily, and project life projects in bounded books.

sprauncey1 09-08-2014 01:23 PM

If you have the LOs already made, then do bound books. They are smaller and lighter and more "sleek" as well. The page by page printing is good for if you don't have a whole "block" done and want to print them as you get them done.

I'm too wondering if I should just reprint my old stuff in bound books now. I'm getting tired of shipping/mailing them all over the world and paying per pound!

But that being said...you have to watch bound books on where things lie on the pages because they have "gutters" you have to work with. Page by page you just get the whole page without gutter issues or worry. So there is that to think about as well if you scrap near the edges!

marlathrall 09-08-2014 01:45 PM

Nothing better than looking through my photo books! I love it and it reminds me why I adore digital scrapbooking so much!

NeverendingJen 09-08-2014 01:59 PM

looks great! I am a loose page printer because I never scrap chronologically. In the last three months I have done pages for 2004- 2014, so I stick with albums so I can change things up as needed.

Saar 09-08-2014 03:09 PM

That looks great!

I always print my pages in a photobook. Like Annet said, I mostly print my vacation albums and I love going through them.

jacinda 09-08-2014 04:13 PM

I just got 8 photobooks in the mail this week, from Adoramapix. I LOOOOOVE them!

marlathrall 09-08-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062701651)
I just got 8 photobooks in the mail this week, from Adoramapix. I LOOOOOVE them!

Pictures or it didn't happen! :) That sounds like the best mail day ever!

jacinda 09-08-2014 05:13 PM

Haha Marla! You're totally right. I've sent the albums down to my Mum to see this week, so I'll photograph them when they are returned.

Lindsay 09-10-2014 03:35 PM

Another non-chronological order scrapper, so I print usually 25-30 pages at a time and then place in the appropriate books. I figure in my old age when I don't scrap anymore I can organize then :)

meejay 09-10-2014 11:03 PM

I print pages as well, I like the flexibility. Books seems so permanent. I have commitment issues. LOL

I print 8x8 and I really like that size. I have kids, so if they have certain pages they really like, I can print additional ones of those and they have a little mini book they can have all to themselves.

zakirahzakaria 09-14-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062701651)

8 books? WOW! I just bought 2 photobook coupons yesterday. Hope I could finish one this week!

zakirahzakaria 09-14-2014 07:51 AM

Yeah, that's what I like about printing pages too. You can see an album as it's progressing. But I'm worried about weight. I think if you have around 80 pages in a ring binder album, it would feel heavier than a photobook, wouldn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by meejay (Post 1062701986)
I print pages as well, I like the flexibility. Books seems so permanent. I have commitment issues. LOL

I print 8x8 and I really like that size. I have kids, so if they have certain pages they really like, I can print additional ones of those and they have a little mini book they can have all to themselves.

Nixenkind 09-14-2014 08:18 AM

I print my PL, once a month, always on the 15th. I print them as single layouts and put them into page protectors... just like you have done.
The print looks amazing!

nesser1981 09-14-2014 08:53 AM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...ddbd033058.jpg

This is why I prefer photo books. The tan binder is May 2005-April 2006. It has over 100 pages in it. Then there are 39 photo books shown in this picture. May 2006-May 2013, plus I scanned our wedding pictures & did an album, Keira & Cooper each has a fist year album in there. They take up so much less space. I started with 12x12 albums, went to 8x8 for the price at shutterfly, but I switched to presto photo (viovio) in 2009. I love their 8.5x8.5 size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrianaVianey 09-14-2014 01:30 PM

I print bound books
But even when I donīt scrap chronologically I donīt print a book until I have 30 or 40 pages of a period of time