Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD - Exercise - 10.27.15 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82576)

LeeAndra 10-27-2015 11:32 AM

QOTD - Exercise - 10.27.15

Let's discuss the dreaded 'e' word -- EXERCISE. :p

Do you do it? What do you do? Do you go to a gym? Are you involved in some kind of exercising club? What have you found is the best way to start and/or continue an exercise program? What's your favorite part of exercising? What's your least favorite part?

emmasmommy 10-27-2015 11:40 AM

I don't. LOL
I go in spurts where I will for awhile but ultimately, no. Nothing routine.
I do have eleventy billion children in my house most days though, so that keeps me off my rump.

YepBrook 10-27-2015 11:41 AM

I don't really right now. I do take walks, we walk the neighborhood every day, but it's not enough exercise. I used to do hip hop, pilates and yoga... and I did laps in the pool. I felt so much better and lost weight. I cancelled my gym membership to save money and I told myself I would still do those things without the gym, but I'm not. I think I need to join again.

abm234 10-27-2015 12:34 PM

I've always loved athletics. I've always hated exercise for the sake of exercise. Recently I started doing yoga and I love it. I actually look forward to it which is a first for me!

KristinCB 10-27-2015 12:42 PM

I had been doing really good. I was running and was running 5k (which i know isn't much) I did my first ever 5k race in june and because of some unfortunate timing errors I ended up throwing up at the finish line. It seriously messed with my head and it has been a struggle for me ever since. I sometimes do piyo and 21 day fix but at the moment nothing regular

Gemma 10-27-2015 01:17 PM

I did C25K, then did a half marathon in September and failed miserably because I felt unwell from pregnancy, since then I've done no exercise except walking. I keep saying I'm going to go back to the gym but my tiredness hasn't eased even at 15 weeks pregnant!! I must go back though since it's a 1 year contract and I'm only 4 months into it lol.

Kjersti 10-27-2015 01:21 PM

I walk/run 2-3 miles every day right when I get home from work. I hate every minute of it and complain the whole time....but last week a 27 year old asked me out....so maybe it's paying off :P

MamaBee 10-27-2015 01:25 PM

I used to do Aqua Zumba until the y lost their instructor, which I loved so much... so now I just walk the pool when my son is in his lessons - but I hate it and it doesn't motivate me to do it. Otherwise I walk and will from time to time do dvds....

eranslow 10-27-2015 01:53 PM

Love working out. It's my me time everyday and I'm bummed when I can't go (like yesterday :/ ). I follow a lifting program 3 days a week and the other 2 days I do some sort of cardio (running/walking or biking). My good friends are people I've met at the gym and we are workout partners - we help motivate each other! Seriously one of my favorite parts of my day!

jacinda 10-27-2015 02:21 PM

I used to work out all the time. Now I just do it in my head. Much cleaner that way. :p

britaneejean 10-27-2015 02:54 PM

I joined a group fitness gym in March and it's my perfect gym. It's 1/2 mile away, most of my friends go, and there are only certain times that classes are available so I HAVE to commit and go. It's spendier & that's hard but my husband agrees that this is the only thing that's worked for me. I was going 5-6 days/week until I got pregnant and it's gone down to 3-4 classes/week if I'm lucky. The classes are all Les Mills classes and they're really great.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of exercising but I know I need to do it...especially with how much I like to eat ;) It helps my moods & I seem to sleep better when I've had a hard workout. I'm more confident when i'm consistently exercising too.

mariewilcox 10-27-2015 03:02 PM

Yoga, every day even if it's only for 20 minutes (at home, not a class). I also get my walking in unless it's below zero (I'm hoping it won't be that cold too many days this winter).

farrijc 10-28-2015 09:19 AM

I've been doing jazzercise for 11 years... religiously. I LOVE it! Before that, I was flailing around trying to find something to stick with. I've never been a gym person, and I absolutely HATE running. I often tell people I would just get fat if running were my only option for exercise :P

JenM 10-28-2015 09:38 AM

I wish I could be like those of you who love exercise. I love to walk and hike outside and I don't mind lifting weights but I don't do any of those regularly. I don't belong to a gym and even when we did, I rarely went because I don't like gyms.

Kjersti 10-28-2015 10:35 AM

My daughter had a homework article last night which said exercise is a good for your brain as it is your heart! Looks like we have to keep working out!

nietis 10-28-2015 10:50 AM

If you count mopping floor every day as an exercise, then I'm in :p

Keely~B 10-28-2015 10:53 AM

I don't love exercise but I do it. I go stretches where I'm really consistent and do 5 or 6 days a week and sometimes more like 4. I mostly do HIIT. The three months out of the year when it's not 95 or higher, I hit the greenbelt for walking/jogging.

fifilur 10-28-2015 12:49 PM

Just NO.

stormchaser 10-28-2015 01:47 PM

I love yoga and I used to ride my dirt bike on my track every day for an hour which was like so much fun I didn't even consider it as exercise, also I would ride my mountain bike when I lived in So Cal. Now I run or walk around my neighborhood..... I also have an on again off again relationship with Tony Horton.

lovely1m 10-28-2015 06:32 PM

I go to group exercise classes, run, ride bike, go for walks, hike. I am not a big fan of running, but I have to for work. The rest, I enjoy.

carrie1977 10-28-2015 08:26 PM

Yes...I work out about 5-6 times a week. I'm currently training for my first half marathon (it's Sunday). It's my first half ever. We'll see how it goes.

Otherwise, this is what my workout schedule usually looks like:

Monday: off day
Tuesday: Evofiit (like a crossfit style workout at gym)
Wednesday: run stairs at high school stadium
Thursday: Evofiit
Friday: Zumba
Saturday: spin
Sunday: run

littlekiwi 10-28-2015 09:55 PM

Exercise and I are not BFF's but I'm about to start doing Aqua Zumba twice a week (Wed night & Sun morning). I know it will help me lose weight once I kick the mindless snacking habit too.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020X using Tapatalk

Sherri Tierney 10-28-2015 10:23 PM

Oh God, no!

LOL

Seriously, I could stand to exercise. I don't mind it, I just don't seem to have any time and I don't make it a priority. Right now I can't since I sprained my ankle last Thursday and still can't walk well. It is always something...

janedee 10-29-2015 01:14 PM

I love to hike and walk and I enjoy yoga but I can't stand going to the gym.