Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Archives (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   BIG News! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76201)

Robin Carlton 02-11-2014 11:37 PM

BIG News!

So I think I must be the most impatient person in the world because it seems like you guys have been scrapping for a looong time now and I haven't gotten to give away any rewards! If I am impatient, maybe you guys are too, so I've decided to change things up and let you know that starting this weekend, I'll be sending out 20% coupons to everyone who completed ALL of January's challenges which you'll be able to use next week!

Then, next month, I'll send 30% coupons to everyone who completes ALL of January and February's challenges and finally in April, I'll send 40% coupons to everyone who completes ALL of January, February & March's challenges.

I'll track everything on my end, so from now on, all you have to do now is scrap along with all of our Think Outside The Box challenges, post in our monthly tracker threads and wait for your coupon to arrive in your inbox each month!

You will NOT have to send in a request for a coupon from this point forward. Rewards will be tracked and sent automatically!

It's never too late to start - I'll track everyone who participates individually so that you'll earn coupons according to the following scale...

1 month of challenges = 20%
2 months of challenges = 30%
3 months of challenges = 40%

40% is the maximum discount you can earn in the shoppe and once you've earned a 40% coupon, tracking will start over again the following month.

The instant gratification monster in me is super happy with this change and I hope you guys are too!

Look for those coupon soon and please let me know if you have any questions!

Robin

Happy Now 02-11-2014 11:39 PM

Cool, Robin! Thanks!!

~Cindy~ 02-11-2014 11:46 PM

Dang and I just went shopping lol!

NeverendingJen 02-11-2014 11:54 PM

that's awesome. Any chance the rules will be changed up to allow outside templates? I have a hard time with that rule because I just find sometimes I need a different style template to work for me on these challenges.

rach3975 02-12-2014 12:05 AM

Wow, so now we're going to get monthly coupons *and* keep increasing our discount level? Nice! If we were to do a month, get our 20% coupon, then take a few months off from the challenges, would we still automatically get a coupon for 30% when we started participating again?

kristalund 02-12-2014 12:46 AM

Great news!

carrie1977 02-12-2014 01:04 AM

Love the change...thanks, Robin!!

Robin Carlton 02-12-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1195134)
Wow, so now we're going to get monthly coupons *and* keep increasing our discount level? Nice! If we were to do a month, get our 20% coupon, then take a few months off from the challenges, would we still automatically get a coupon for 30% when we started participating again?

Yep!!

Robin Carlton 02-12-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverendingJen (Post 1195131)
that's awesome. Any chance the rules will be changed up to allow outside templates? I have a hard time with that rule because I just find sometimes I need a different style template to work for me on these challenges.

Hopefully the goodies Loni and Brook are brining to the shoppe will help add some template-y variety to the shoppe! Since there are only 4 challenges a month - we don't plan on changing the 100% rule. Sorry chickie!

NellahBean 02-12-2014 02:36 AM

This is AWESOME!!! Thanks Robin!

jak 02-12-2014 06:07 AM

Totally awesome! I had to read this a few times to process what all those discounts mean.... severe pain for my bank balance, but I'll be a very happy scrapper!!

Question - do the coupons have to be used in a set week? Just wondering in case it happens to be a week when I'm away or something...

lightwriter 02-12-2014 09:46 AM

WOW! This is Awesome! And just a side note, I've been scrapping my page/challenge every week. I started out thinking I can do one page per week, that's do-able but I find that doing that one page has inspired me to do more and I'm loving the changes in my scrapping. Thank you robin for simplifying the process to open up my creativity!

tanyiadeskins 02-12-2014 09:57 AM

I think thats a great change! :thumbup:

AJM 02-12-2014 10:05 AM

Whòw!! Thank you!!!

julifish 02-12-2014 11:29 AM

This is awesome Robin!!!!

Kjersti 02-12-2014 01:42 PM

So awesome :wub:

Lelly 02-12-2014 02:07 PM

YAY! This is why I love SSD over other sites! Awesome Robin, thanks!

Saar 02-12-2014 02:28 PM

Thank you so much.
This is awesome!

fifilur 02-12-2014 02:32 PM

That's great, thanks!

eve11ne 02-12-2014 05:02 PM

I have a question, what will happen in May if we, let's say, we do the challenge every month, from Jan-April, will it go back to 20% again since we get 40% in April?

suladesign 02-12-2014 09:47 PM

I have another question:

What, if we missed doing a week's challenge (like we totally missed the deadline for that week)? Is there any chance of us getting an extended period to submit Los for the reward? (I totally get that those aren't eligible for that week's draw on a random winner.)

My problem is that I missed the deadline for the last week of January (got busy that weekend, and then I realized it a day after the deadline - I'm living in a different time zone, which makes things a bit more confusing for me anyway). So, right now I'm assuming that I screwed up my chance for that month's rewards, correct? (I haven't even tried to submit a late layout for it, because at this point I'm thinking we only have exactly one week to participate in each challenge, right?)

I guess, I really struggle with the fact that we only have one week for the challenges, because I'm so used to having a full month to complete them. It's something I really need to get used to, and I was just too sad that I'd missed my January opportunity ...

lovely1m 02-12-2014 11:56 PM

I am the same as Sula. I don't always have time each week, so I haven't been participating at all and if you know me, you know I got the full 40% each month for years. I just can't get one challenge only in one week only worked out for me.

Also I hadn't realized the 100% rule was even there. I missed that. Templates make it harder.

kristijoy 02-13-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1195146)
Hopefully the goodies Loni and Brook are brining to the shoppe will help add some template-y variety to the shoppe! Since there are only 4 challenges a month - we don't plan on changing the 100% rule. Sorry chickie!

I'm looking forward these new goodies!!!! :thumbup:

momof2angels 02-13-2014 07:37 AM

You are awesome!!!

Robin Carlton 02-13-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

What will happen in May if we, let's say, we do the challenge every month, from Jan-April, will it go back to 20% again since we get 40% in April?
If you scrap every month your coupons will look like this...

20% in Feb
30% in Mar
40% in April
20% in May
30% in Jun
40% in Jul
and so on.

If you scrapped in Jan, you'll get a 20% coupon in Feb. If you didn't scrap in Feb but complete all of March's challenges, you'll get a 30% coupon in April, and so on.

Quote:

What, if we missed doing a week's challenge (like we totally missed the deadline for that week)? Is there any chance of us getting an extended period to submit Los for the reward? (I totally get that those aren't eligible for that week's draw on a random winner.)

I guess, I really struggle with the fact that we only have one week for the challenges...
The only challenge you only have a week to complete is the last one. You can complete the others anytime throughout the month. You won't be entered to win the FD kit, but you can scrap and post the other challenges anytime throughout the month in your tracker thread. You don't even HAVE to post in the weekly threads if you don't care about the potential prize from our featured designer - you can scrap all 4 challenges on the last day of the month and create a post in the monthly Reward tracker thread if that works best for you. As long as your tracker is complete with all 4 challenges posted by the first of the following month you'll be good to go!

Quote:

My problem is that I missed the deadline for the last week of January (got busy that weekend, and then I realized it a day after the deadline - I'm living in a different time zone, which makes things a bit more confusing for me anyway). So, right now I'm assuming that I screwed up my chance for that month's rewards, correct?
I noticed quite a few of you missed the discount by a single layout - so for January only, if you can get all 4 challenge layouts posted by Saturday night before I send coupons on Sunday - I'll go ahead and since you a coupon too!

Hope this helps!

R

NeverendingJen 02-13-2014 02:03 PM

ohh, this is good to know. I thought we only had a week for each challenge's layout. That gives me a chance I guess.

suladesign 02-13-2014 08:28 PM

Robin, you're the best!

I didn't even know we had a full month for the challenges, always assumed they had to be submitted that week, period!

Also, I totally get that each month's last week's challenge really has to be done that week; makes sense to me, as you want the system to work somehow :thumbup:. Thanks for being so generous to allow us to submit January's last week late, and for being patient with us, as some of us are really struggling to get used to the new system after having done the old one for so long!

And before you worry, Robin, I still think SSD is the best place to be!

kim21673 02-14-2014 12:18 AM

Awesome!!!

DeepGirl 02-14-2014 09:39 AM

One question from me:
If I complete FEB, I will get 20% in MAR.
Then, if I complete also MAR, I will get 30% in APR.
If I don't complete APR (i.e. 3rd month in a row) and then I complete MAY, what will I get in JUNE? 40% for having completed FEB, MAR and MAY or will it be only 20% and I am starting anew?

Robin Carlton 02-14-2014 11:46 AM

You'll get 40% once you complete your 3rd month Zora :) Doesn't matter if you take a month off. You'll just be starting over at 20% the 4th month, etc.

Giseli Freitas 02-15-2014 12:06 AM

:thumbup:
Robin, thank you SO much for turning my busy, crazy life easier! I REALLY appreciate that!
:wub:

DeepGirl 02-15-2014 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1195729)
You'll get 40% once you complete your 3rd month Zora :) Doesn't matter if you take a month off. You'll just be starting over at 20% the 4th month, etc.

Great! Thank you! :thumbup:

JMC1988 02-15-2014 12:15 PM

This is so Awesome! You are Awesome Sauce Robin!

ashersmommy 02-24-2014 09:06 PM

Oh, geez. I haven't been in the forums in awhile and so I didn't expect a PM with a coupon and now it's already expired. Oh, well, next time. ;)