Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Love in the gallery etiquette (aka dumb newb question # 458,456,7854,481 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91233)

tamhuddle 08-22-2019 02:11 PM

Love in the gallery etiquette (aka dumb newb question # 458,456,7854,481

So I'm fairly new here. Well. At least the forums and galleries new here. I've been playing along with the passport challenges last month and this and that requires uploading my pages. Something I'm not normally used to sharing out of my own family. Anyway. I'm receiving love on the gallery. Which I adore. I want to comment and thank every time someone leaves a comment. Do we DO that? I don't see it happening on other pages, so I think not. But I want to express appreciation for the nice comments on my photos and sometimes my less than inspirational layouts. So do I reply? Or do I just assume everyone knows I appreciate the kind remarks? Or do I express it here and go away? :D

mrsashbaugh 08-22-2019 02:22 PM

It would be nice to be able to reply to each other in the comments section, but they wouldn't know you had replied to them unless they happen to go back to that layout and see your comment . I know some members have sent me PM's expressing thanks for commenting on their layouts and vice versa. That way you know for sure they saw your message to them. :)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tamhuddle 08-22-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh (Post 1062969421)
It would be nice to be able to reply to each other in the comments section, but they wouldn't know you had replied to them unless they happen to go back to that layout and see your comment . I know some members have sent me PM's expressing thanks for commenting on their layouts and vice versa. That way you know for sure they saw your message to them. :)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

AH! That's a great idea! Thank you! I wondered if they would even know, now I have that answer. :)

Kiana 08-22-2019 04:20 PM

What I do to show my "thanks" is go comment on their layouts! Reciprocation is the way I say thank you!!!! :)

bcgal00 08-22-2019 04:47 PM

I agree with Kiana....try to reciprocate and share the LO love!

SeattleSheri 08-22-2019 04:53 PM

Yep, agree with Kiana and Rae! I almost always return layout comments. The only exceptions are if for some reason I forget to request notifications and don't know someone has made a comment or the person who commented on my page doesn't have any pages I haven't already commented on ... or very rarely I forget!

tamhuddle 08-22-2019 05:32 PM

I do try to leave lots of love. I'll pay closer attention to make sure that I'm appreciating those who've appreciated me, too. That's a really good way. Now I have to go make sure I'm leaving notifications on because I found my layout love on accident. lol

Saar 08-23-2019 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062969433)
What I do to show my "thanks" is go comment on their layouts! Reciprocation is the way I say thank you!!!! :)

This! :wub:

craftytam 08-23-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062969433)

^^^ditto^^^

tamhuddle 08-23-2019 09:03 PM

A great solution to my dilemma! Thank you, ladies! :)