Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CS3 Problem...Can You Help? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17160)

Jennifer 10-16-2008 10:03 AM

CS3 Problem...Can You Help?

Something's wrong w/ my PS. The program opens, but I can't open or place anything. I can open a new, blank canvas, but that's it. If I even try to open or place anything, it freezes up and I have to shut it down with my Windows Task Manager. This is BAD!!! :( :( :(

It's done this for 2 days...I've done everything...defrag, disc clean up, restarting, shutting down, etc. DH's IT guy said that PS sometimes gets a glitch and you have to reinstall...BUT, on the Adobe website, there's no more CS3 and I don't have my disc anymore. :( :( :(

I'm seriously in tears. This has been such a bad week. It's Thursday and I need PS and I need it now. Please help me!

AllieP 10-16-2008 10:09 AM

I'm so sorry! I wish I had better advice, but maybe you could email adobe and see if they can help? I'm sorry!! Good luck.

mrs_jb 10-16-2008 10:45 AM

Oh no! I know that a few times the only solution was to reinstall. If you still have your serial number I'm sure you could contact Adobe about the problem and maybe they can give you a download!

HUGS!

meems 10-16-2008 10:53 AM

have you installed any new fonts recently? if you have, maybe uninstall the new ones.

I've noticed that too many fonts makes me PS freak out.

newfiemountiewife 10-16-2008 11:01 AM

Yes, try deleting any new fonts, and then give Adobe a call. When Tony's last computer died, I had to call to get a new serial to put it on my laptop, because I hadn't been able to uninstall it from the dead computer. They were very helpful. I hope you figure it out!

aggiefamily 10-16-2008 12:16 PM

I would uninstall fonts, restart your computer and then reset preferences. You hold down alt+shift+ctrl while opening PS. Click on YES when the delete screen comes up. You will lose your settings but it might help!

Jennifer 10-16-2008 12:31 PM

Thank you girls...working on it now! I appreciate your help!

Mama-to-Elle 10-16-2008 12:34 PM

Ohh No!! I hope you can get it back and working again soon Jen.. :( (((HUGS )))

Tracie Stroud 10-16-2008 12:39 PM

HUGS Jen! I hope you can get it working! :(

sugarink 10-16-2008 01:08 PM

Oh, that would freak me out! Sorry, Jen... Hope the advice the girls gave will help solve the problem!

SeattleSheri 10-16-2008 01:11 PM

Jennifer, if you need to reinstall, you can do so by downloading the trial version and using your unique registration key (I think it's a 16 digit code). If you don't have the packaging, you can get it from Adobe if you registered your product. HTH and good luck!!