Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   can I complain? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83774)

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 11:54 AM

can I complain?

even if you say no, I'm gonna anyway [emoji13]

I HATE that I can't get on here more during the week. I'm not sure what I was thinking working in my home. I wanna talk to all the peoples and scrap with all the things and these little people are in. my. space!!!

/endrant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrie1977 02-23-2016 12:14 PM

IDK how you do it...that's one of the hardest jobs. My mom had six children of her own and ran her own in-home daycare. She was nuts. :p

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062803036)
IDK how you do it...that's one of the hardest jobs. My mom had six children of her own and ran her own in-home daycare. She was nuts. :p

holy cow!!
my husband isn't too fond of it right now (he works construction and is laid off so he's home A LOT more than usual) [emoji23]

LeeAndra 02-23-2016 12:19 PM

You are my hero.

There is no way on God's green earth that I could ever work in a daycare.

Let alone run one out of my home.

I can barely stand my one 2-year-old most days.

:p:p:p

Kjersti 02-23-2016 12:34 PM

Seriously - we should all quit our jobs so we can scrap and chat! I'm in!!!

KristinCB 02-23-2016 12:35 PM

hahaha whenever i see "can I _____" my grade 2 teachers voice comes out and says "no.. you MAY complain though" haha.

You were thinking it's better to work in the home vs in public where your head would one day explode from dealing with people?

Valgal 02-23-2016 04:16 PM

Ouch. That would be hard.

I didn't know you run a daycare.

Lyd 02-23-2016 04:43 PM

Yeah. Hats off to you, Miss Laura! I could never do what you do. I babysit for a friend every now and then because she's an on-call hospice nurse and she gets in a pinch sometimes. But, when she needs me, it's only for a few hours at a time, and it's maybe once or twice a month that she asks. It's really no big deal. But, even after two hours, I'm ready for her adorable children to go home. I think I was born to be a grandma, not a mom. Lol.

britaneejean 02-23-2016 05:00 PM

I watched my niece for 2 years and it nearly killed all relationships with her and my sister/her mom. I could never do what you do. Brian had a hard time with it too because it was never just us when he had/took a day off.

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062803151)
Ouch. That would be hard.

I didn't know you run a daycare.

it definitely has it's days. [emoji23] it's always loud and chaotic. I have kids from about 6 am until 4 or 5 pm (not all the same ones the whole time, but there's always SOMEONE here). I love my weekends [emoji6]

MamaBee 02-23-2016 05:12 PM

But the one that you post on facebook is so adorable!!!! How can you stand not squeezing those adorable cheeks all day long?

Truly - I don't know how you do it - I couldn't do it - don't like other peoples kids... :p

staciahall 02-23-2016 05:14 PM

I love other people's kids... from afar. It's been such a long time since I've had small children I would have to relearn that level of patience all over again.

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 06:06 PM

it's true, by Friday, I hate my job but honestly, it's one of the most rewarding jobs ever....plus I like snuggles...and they go home

misfitinmn 02-23-2016 06:35 PM

I filled in for my daycare provider a few times (I was her backup person) and omg was it hard. Way harder than it seems like it should have been! And I already am used to dealing with kids all the time (ones that aren't my own, that is)!

nesser1981 02-23-2016 06:41 PM

I couldn't be a daycare provider!

zakirahzakaria 02-23-2016 08:01 PM

Wow, I admire you! My sisters suggest that I open a daycare because they said I'm good with kids, but even taking care of 3-4 nephews at the same time makes my heart beats faster than usual. I love them, but I'm a bit perfectionist when I do things...and seeing the house looking messy after the fact makes me feel even more tired.

OrianaVianey 02-23-2016 08:22 PM

I HATE children
I barely endure my own... LOL

Valgal 02-23-2016 08:26 PM

And here I was picturing you sitting around on your butt all day reading and scrapbooking. And complaining.

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062803225)
And here I was picturing you sitting around on your butt all day reading and scrapbooking. And complaining.

that's just weekends ;)

nietis 02-23-2016 08:51 PM

You are awesome, Laura! And those kids, especially the chubby cheeked one is sooooo cute!

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062803232)
You are awesome, Laura! And those kids, especially the chubby cheeked one is sooooo cute!

she makes me smile, daily. She's such a diva :w00t:

rach3975 02-23-2016 09:41 PM

I don't know how you do it! I'm a preschool teacher so I'm around littles a lot, but there is no way I could have them all here without losing my mind. I usually get a kid free hour between when I leave work and when I pick mine up from school. I really, really need that hour some days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1062803248)
I don't know how you do it! I'm a preschool teacher so I'm around littles a lot, but there is no way I could have them all here without losing my mind. I usually get a kid free hour between when I leave work and when I pick mine up from school. I really, really need that hour some days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I bet you sit in silence, don't you?

emmasmommy 02-23-2016 10:13 PM

it does help that my two are older now (almost 8 and 11). if they were home too during the day, I'd be certified nutso

Tronesia 02-23-2016 11:27 PM

I have no idea how you do it. I used to tell the ladies at Aida's daycare thank you everyday and I was glad she had them as her daytime mama.

I used to keep all of my cousin's babies since I was 5-7 years younger than all of them. And it was fun and great, until it was time for them to go.

joelsgirl 02-24-2016 04:21 AM

I was just thinking about you today, Laura, and how you have other peoples' children at your home. I swap with a friend of mine, and I'm always so glad we do it on Mondays, when Ari is at her house, and I am always at my wit's end by lunch on Thursdays, when her son is at my house. And HE is good, it's just all that sharing brings out the WORST in my own child, and all day long all I want to do is hide in my room!

fifilur 02-24-2016 05:00 AM

I don't know how you do it! I would love to be able to work from home, but not with kids! I worked as a kindergarden teacher in my early twenties and grew to hate it. Now I can't stand other people's kids for more than a few hours at a time and preferably a few weeks apart. ;)

emmasmommy 02-24-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tronesia (Post 1062803287)
I have no idea how you do it. I used to tell the ladies at Aida's daycare thank you everyday and I was glad she had them as her daytime mama.

That is the BEST. I have one mom who is constantly sending me little notes telling me how she's so happy they found me :wub: It makes it all worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1062803348)
I was just thinking about you today, Laura, and how you have other peoples' children at your home. I swap with a friend of mine, and I'm always so glad we do it on Mondays, when Ari is at her house, and I am always at my wit's end by lunch on Thursdays, when her son is at my house. And HE is good, it's just all that sharing brings out the WORST in my own child, and all day long all I want to do is hide in my room!

ugh. I have a "favorite." I hate to admit it but I do. She's 2, I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. She LOVES coming here, she's a good kid (albeit sassy to the nth degree) and I've never had a problem with her. Ever. Until now :D She hates the other baby I have here. She won't share, won't let her touch her...I've had to discipline her more often than not. BUT (this is horrible lol) the other day, I said, "you know, if you can't be nice to (so and so), you won't be able to come here anymore. You want to come here, don't you?" and in her sad, little sob, she said, "YESSSSS." heart. melt.

The good outweighs the bad, for sure, but I AM glad to see them all go home LOL

emmasmommy 02-24-2016 10:30 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4c71a625d8.jpg

my fave [emoji16]

jumbbumble 02-24-2016 10:36 AM

your little one is adorable and well i think whe all wish whe had more time to scrap and chat

kim21673 02-24-2016 09:19 PM

I only have one here during the day and don't get on as much as I would like! That one child sucks all the time away!! LOL

icindi 02-24-2016 10:19 PM

It is sooo hard to get anything done with kids around. Especially a half dozen!!! You are a very brave woman!

lovely1m 02-26-2016 02:26 PM

I did the mostly stay at home parent thing until Nicholas was 2 (I still worked part-time) and I realized that I am a much better working mom. But I think at home daycares are fabulous for those who want to stay home with their kids, but need to make an income. Nicholas was at an in-home one from 2 until he started kindergarten.

navaja77 02-26-2016 07:21 PM

I knew when I was in 8th grade that I wasn't meant to do daycare or be a teacher. I did summer work as a preschool aid. It was not fun for me at all.

Now that I'm a mom, I find that I am happy to be a working mom. I adore my kids' daycare provider (she was retired and babysitting for extra income) so I know it's importance. Just not for me.

So for parents like me, thanks Laura! :) :)

rach3975 02-26-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmasmommy (Post 1062803262)
I bet you sit in silence, don't you?

Absolutely! (Or I listen to an audiobook while I clean the kitchen and do the laundry, but either way no one needs anything from me and no one is hitting/teasing/touching anyone else.)