Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New phone advice! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40687)

newfiemountiewife 03-22-2010 02:07 PM

New phone advice!

My cell is almost 5 years old. I have a huge hardware upgrade credit with my provider, so I'm going to take advantage.

My current phone is a cheap Samsung (think $30, with nothing extra), so I'm going to be moving WAY up LOL.

I am looking at iPhone and Blackberry, I haven't really considered anything else. What do you have, and what do you love about it?

ColleenSwerb 03-22-2010 02:08 PM

I had a Blackberry, and I loved it.
I now have an iPhone, and I love it.

Before either of those, I stuck with Nokia phones. I really liked them.

BrattyMeg 03-22-2010 02:10 PM

iPhone :) the apps are just too fun

i'm now addicted to the kindle for iPhone..i hated it at first but decided to give it a try again b/c I was bored in the car one day last week and I've read like 3 books on it since lol

digideb 03-22-2010 02:11 PM

iPhone here too! And, what do I love about it? Everything!! :wub:

HeatherKS 03-22-2010 02:11 PM

I had a Blackberry and loved it. Upside: it did everything I needed and more. Downside for me: I thought the OS was a little tricky to get used to until I figured out how to run it. I didn't feel like everything was intuitive I guess.

Now I have a Motorola Droid and I love, love, love it! :) It does everything, there are tons of free apps for it, it's FAST and pretty user-friendly. :thumbup:

Have fun deciding!

newfiemountiewife 03-22-2010 02:12 PM

Thanks guys! I really want the iPhone, my dad has a Blackberry and really likes it.

My skating kids thing I'm technologically impaired because I can't text on my phone LOL. Well, I can, but it takes forever!

lauren grier 03-22-2010 02:13 PM

i have an old crap phone (super old... older than yers :p ) but i know someone with a droid and they love it.. you should look at those too :p

BrattyMeg 03-22-2010 02:16 PM

I'd check too on the hardware upgrade credit..here you have to pay for the iPhone even if you have an upgrade credit, etc but the blackberry is covered..go figure. If it's a $$$ thing i'd make sure the iPhone is covered first

kristine 03-22-2010 02:20 PM

I have an iphone too, and I don't know how I lived without it before;)

Shawna Clingerman 03-22-2010 02:42 PM

I have a droid (google nexus) and i LOVE it so so much, it is like the best thing ever. Also i find it to be really intuitive. you should get one :p

Joana1n 03-22-2010 02:42 PM

Love my iPhone!!!

pewtertm 03-22-2010 02:45 PM

I have a droid (Samsung Moment---has a sliding keyboard), and I love it!

nikkiARNGwife 03-22-2010 02:48 PM

I have an ancient nokia that I had to downgrade to (long story) but when my contract expires in June I'm getting an iphone..DH has one and loves it

xboxmom 03-22-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 629437)
i have an old crap phone (super old... older than yers :p ) but i know someone with a droid and they love it.. you should look at those too :p

I am with you on having a super old Phone LA. I have the Pink Razor with the Miami Ink flowers on it. I drop it all the time its scruffed and scratched and dented and still ticking. LOL It should be a TIMEX LOL

lauren grier 03-22-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xboxmom (Post 629470)
I am with you on having a super old Phone LA. I have the Pink Razor with the Miami Ink flowers on it. I drop it all the time its scruffed and scratched and dented and still ticking. LOL It should be a TIMEX LOL

my phone has survived way more than it should have... including multiple attempts at drowning.. ^_^ I'm afraid of the new fancy phones- i'd prob break them instantly. this phone is tough haha.

Gemma 03-22-2010 03:04 PM

I'm no help, I just wanted to join the others with ancient phones. :thumbup:

I desperately need a new one, mine turns itself off, the wireless always turns off, and it crashes if I try ad use the camera, not that I do use it much, lol. I want an iPhone, but don't do contacts and it's far too expensive to buy on pay as you go.

~Julie~ 03-22-2010 03:21 PM

I have the Tmobile Google G2 Mytouch.. It's a droid and I love it!! :)

This one

eranslow 03-22-2010 03:30 PM

LOVE my iPhone :)

newfiemountiewife 03-22-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 629474)
my phone has survived way more than it should have... including multiple attempts at drowning.. ^_^ I'm afraid of the new fancy phones- i'd prob break them instantly. this phone is tough haha.

LMAO ditto...mine doesn't have a camera, it texts, but it just has the old T9. It does not get on the internet, does nothing special.

Meg, I'll check on the hardware upgrade, I was just assuming it would work no matter what. I will have a hard time convincing DH I need an iPhone if I have to pay full price for it.

xboxmom 03-22-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 629474)

My husband brought me home a fancy phone from work to try out and I refused to use it! Mine is constantly getting wet too, even my battery pack was a bit corroded from getting wet I just scrapped it off and popped it back in and it still works fine. LOL

Stacey42 03-22-2010 08:07 PM

I'm getting an iPhone next month. My upgrade gets me a 50% discount on one instead of being applied to the whole amount (which is super cheesy if you ask me, like AT&T hasn't been getting loads of money from me for years). I need a new mp3 player as well as a new phone since they have both developed battery charging issues among other things & even if I have to pay $100 it just makes more sense to get one device rather than 2 and I'd have to pay at least $100 toward the mp3 player.

Plus I'm looking forward to being able to say "Oh I have an app for that!" :)

BrattyMeg 03-22-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey42 (Post 629710)
I'm getting an iPhone next month. My upgrade gets me a 50% discount on one instead of being applied to the whole amount (which is super cheesy if you ask me, like AT&T hasn't been getting loads of money from me for years). :)

that's new..when i got mine last year I had to pay for the phone even though I was upgrade eligible (well I wasn't but a line on my plan was) It wasn't a big deal to me since I had planned on buying one anyways but nice that you can get a discount on it!

Milmomma 03-22-2010 08:47 PM

I have a blackberry Storm and love it. GL on your choice.

Shawna 03-22-2010 08:47 PM

We upgraded to Blackberry Curve 8900's at the beginning of December and I do love mine. We really wanted iPhone's but even though we've been with AT&T for like 5.5 years our upgrade price was still $199ea which is ridiculous since that's the same price my younger brother paid for his when we added him as a new line on our family plan in January. We were able to get our BB's on a Cyber Monday deal for only $.01ea so we paid a whopping $0.02 vs. $400 lol! According to my account my line is eligible for a "full discount" on an iPhone upgrade on 12/1 so I guess I'll see what their idea of a full discount is then!

sarahbhb 03-22-2010 08:56 PM

DH has the newer Blackberry Curve (just upgraded from an older BB curve last month I think). I know he loves it. I have an LG Lotus that I just got about 6 months ago. It's not a smart phone but I can look stuff up pretty quick, check email, google reader. Not a lot of apps out there that I'm interested in for it so that's the biggest downside I've found...but it was a "free" upgrade option that did what I needed....plus I love the keyboard on it. I really really want a droid phone so I'm hoping next time I'm eligible for a phone it's in our price range.

starxlr8 03-22-2010 09:13 PM

I just got the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I LOVE it. It's a HUGE upgrade from the Curve 8310. 3G, WIFI, lots of internal memory, 3MP camera, new slick trackpad (vs trackball). It just works!

kscwgirl 03-22-2010 09:40 PM

I have a blackberry curve and I like it. Jeff has the samsung moment and he loves his phone. I dont' do change so well so I'll stick w/ my crackberry. :D

Sheana 03-22-2010 10:40 PM

I just got a droid (HTC Hero) and I LOVE it!! I wanted an iPhone but we still had 20 months remaining on our Sprint contract.

heatherbird 03-23-2010 03:18 AM

I have a Motorola Cliq (TMobile) but ATT has a new one that's essentially the same thing, the Motorola... Flip? Backflip? Something like that. Anyway I LOVE my phone, and I love that almost all of the apps are FREE on the Droid network! :)

tabby 03-23-2010 08:01 AM

I have a Blackberry Storm upgraded from the 8330 that I love. DH has the new Curve and he's totally addicted now too :thumbup:. Anyway, there are some cool apps for the bb too. You can check out Blackberry App World to get an idea of some of what's out there for it.

Stacey42 03-23-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat (Post 629715)
that's new..when i got mine last year I had to pay for the phone even though I was upgrade eligible (well I wasn't but a line on my plan was) It wasn't a big deal to me since I had planned on buying one anyways but nice that you can get a discount on it!

I think it is because the phone that is eligible is the one we've had since we got the account 4-5 years ago. The other phone (that we have had 18 months) is eligible for an upgrade also but with no discount applied on the iPhone though a bunch of others are free.

mrs_jb 03-23-2010 10:16 AM

I have already told you my feelings... iPHONE...iPHONE...iPHONE!

Susan Bartolini 03-23-2010 10:31 AM

I have an iPhone....love it. Apps rock.

Susan

Nettio 03-23-2010 01:08 PM

I :wub: my iPhone.

mom2twoangels 03-23-2010 01:12 PM

I have the iphone and really can say I would die without it. I don't see me every being able to get anything other than another iphone now. I use it for my phone, gps, games, keep track of my checking acct (password protected) use it to make my grocery list, mp3 player. EVERYTHING.

I love my phone really I do.