Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am in a funk (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45517)

tabby 08-24-2010 04:47 PM

I am in a funk

I haven't scrapped or designed in months because I've been busting my butt working from home as a part time medical coder and answering phones for our plumbing business so basically working 2 jobs while my 3 kids were home this summer. I decided I had to just give up designing because I couldn't fit it in but I haven't scrapped either.

Well I got word yesterday that I am losing my job working at home and I either have to go back into the office full time or come up with another plan. I'm going for option B because I can't see paying for daycare fulltime for my youngest two. So I'm going to try to start baby sitting from home.

We are also trying to raise money for our adoption so this change is not what our family is needing right now. I know God has a bigger plan for us and when one door closes another door opens but I seriously need a pick me up. Too bad I don't drink :p

I was sitting here thinking how much I gave up for those jerks over the last 7 years and thought I'd scrap out my frustrations because I miss doing that but here I sit in a funk, lol.

Oh and I think I need a new scrapping home is why I just poured my soul out to you all. Will you take me in?

kresta 08-24-2010 04:53 PM

Absolutely! So sorry you're going through all this, but I hope it all works out for the best for your family.

KateD 08-24-2010 04:57 PM

(((hugs)))

You're absolutely right that God has a plan; hang onto that thought. There are lots of ladies here who will pray for you, this is a wonderful community. Welcome!

newfiemountiewife 08-24-2010 05:19 PM

I always try to think that when one door closes, another opens. I was in a similar situation, but I'm working through it now, and just about to open my own business. Things will work out! And...welcome! :)

Kara 08-24-2010 05:20 PM

Hugs!

MandaT 08-24-2010 06:52 PM

Welcome. This is a great place.

Everything definately happens for a reason.

g8rbeckie 08-24-2010 07:30 PM

welcome! and hang in there, I know you'll find something! Being there for the kids is definitely the right call - it will pay back in spades for them!

scrap2day 08-24-2010 07:49 PM

Oh, you are definitely in the right place. This is the nicest group of people that I've met online.

At church we have been told a story about a single mother with four children. One day she came home and had a little party with her children. They were so excited and asked her "Mother, what happened? Did you get a promotion at work?" She replied, "No, I got fired." They looked and her and asked, "but why are we having a party?" She said, "I got fired. That means that God has a better plan for us and I'm so excited to see what it is."

Now I just need to remember stories like that to remind myself not to worry...because I do know that the blessings do come -- and sometimes they are bigger than I could have ever really imagined for myself.

Have you looked at the challenges? That might help you get back to scrapping again.

Glad you're here! :thumbup:

Joy2Scrapbook 08-24-2010 08:00 PM

I agree with Beckie, your decision will really benefit your kids! Keep trusting, that door will open.

MamaBee 08-24-2010 08:00 PM

{{Hugs}} and welcome!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of job... good luck with the adoption!

jocelinsmommy 08-24-2010 08:14 PM

hey tab...nice to see u around again..somehow i lost contact with u on yahoo and facebook :| i've been outta the loop for other reasons...i'm sad that the door was closing for u...but ur an amazing person and are very very talented...so keep ur head up...sending tons of prayers and positive thoughts ur way :) ((HUGS))---