Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

Libby Pritchett 07-13-2014 03:23 PM

Hi there! So glad you decided to come out of the shadows and join us! I changed your account settings, so feel free to jump in and make yourself at home!

ashaw 07-13-2014 03:36 PM

Welcome new ladies! I am new here too hehe and loving getting to know everyone!

PeachyNotion 07-13-2014 06:29 PM

Hi everyone! I did a lot of scrapping in 2009 and 2010, but then life happened and I didn't scrap at all since then. :( Now I'm getting back into the hobby, so I came back to my favorite store. :) I have a lot of OLD Sweet Shoppe products I need to use lol but there's so much fun new stuff too! I'm excited to participate in the challenges!

Libby Pritchett 07-13-2014 06:32 PM

So glad you're back to scrapping and that you decided to come join us! How fun that you still have a lot of old SSD products! Feel free to jump in and join the fun!

carriea 07-15-2014 01:16 AM

Oh yay! I can comment here!

Libby Pritchett 07-15-2014 01:20 AM

Welcome! We have some spam filters in place, but I've changed your settings now, so you should be able to do a little more around here. :) You may notice things are still a little wonky til you have 10 posts, but you can get those quickly by leaving a little love in the gallery.

So glad to have you joining us!

katieFLapple 07-15-2014 07:39 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Katie from FL and new to the forums here at SSD. I was trying to leave some gallery love to get my posts up, but it seems that I am restricted from doing that as well. I look forward to checking out all the lovely LOs here at SSD!

Mrsbou 07-15-2014 09:15 AM

Hi everyone!!

Libby Pritchett 07-15-2014 01:19 PM

Hi Katie & Mrsbou! You are both set up now and should be able to leave some gallery love! :wub: Welcome to SSD!

katieFLapple 07-15-2014 01:34 PM

Thanks, Libby! :)

piha520 07-18-2014 03:19 AM

Hi my name is Jenni. I love scrap booking and preserving memories.It is very important to my mom, and now important to me :)

Libby Pritchett 07-18-2014 01:44 PM

Hi Jenni! So glad to have you joining us! I've changed your permissions, so you can feel free to make yourself at home! You may notice some strange stuff (like your posts having to be approved if you try to post a link or an image), but once you have 10 posts, that should go away. The quickest and easiest way to get those posts is to leave love in the gallery.

Welcome! :)

JennNtheBoys 07-29-2014 12:34 PM

I'm a real person too! I have been a member here at the Sweet Shoppe for years, but I've just stuck to shopping in the store and uploading to / viewing the gallery. Though I have been digi scrapping for years, I have only recently decided to become a 100% Digital Scrapper and because of that I am looking to expand my participation and hope to be able to join in challenges and discussions in hopes of doubling the inspiration and more importantly, doubling the fun! :)

~Jenn

Libby Pritchett 07-29-2014 12:46 PM

Hi Jenn! So glad you decided to jump in and be more involved! You're just in time for our big Summer Shadowbox contest kicking off on Friday! Perfect timing!! :)

ChristineF 07-29-2014 01:14 PM

Hi.
I'm a real person :)
Also I'm new to the forum and quite the novice when it comes to digital scrapbooking. I have been paper scrapping since 2001, but it has gradually evolved from simple layouts to more decorated ones.

I stumbled across SSD about a year ago and have been scrapping my heart out ever since. I figured it was time to join the fun in here and be a part of an awesome community.

Libby Pritchett 07-29-2014 01:18 PM

Hi Christine!

So glad you're joining us! I've got your permissions changed, so feel free to jump in and get involved! You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts (for example, if you try to insert an image, it'll probably tell you that your post needs to be approved). We have some spam filters in place, and that will go away once you have 10 posts. The quickest & easiest way to get your post count up is to leave some love in the gallery. :)

Welcome!

ChristineF 07-30-2014 08:23 AM

Thank you Libby.
Is there a thread for newbies somewhere, with info about how to post pictures in the right size and such?

Libby Pritchett 07-30-2014 12:33 PM

Hi Christine! We have a section on getting started in our tutorial section. That might help you with some of your questions, but if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask!

Here's a link to the getting started section:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...tting-started/

As far as the right size for posting... 700x700px is the preferred size for your layouts, and our gallery has a max of 250kb file size. Hope that helps!!

makbug 08-02-2014 06:44 PM

Time's a going!

I'm oh so new, but have watched from afar for many moons. Would love to participate in your Summer Shadowbox! Unfortunately, midnight is creeping up.:blink:

emkayess2 08-02-2014 07:56 PM

I'm new and kinda frustrated that I can't figure out how to comment in the gallery... I'm hoping it's related to the permissions issue. I was trying to post praise to get myself past the ten post limit, but no dice! In any case, I'm playing along with the shadowbox challenge and excited to really be able to participate.

McBDesigns 08-02-2014 09:02 PM

Howdy! I'm AmberMcB from Houston, TX. I'm just now getting active here. I was looking into what SSD product I already have to build on for the Shadowbox Challenge and it seems I've been a member for almost 3 years!! How did I never get active before??!

Saving files at 700x700 will take awhile to become natural, but other than that I'm excited to play along. Thanks!!!

ssims20 08-02-2014 09:53 PM

Hi - I'm fairly new - just a few months and I can't seem to post my layout for August 1 in the thread for the shadowbox challenge. Can you help me?

shunnstergirl 08-02-2014 10:02 PM

Hi! My name is Alyna and I am new to the forum here (definitely not new to the amazing shoppe!). I am going to try to participate with the Summer Shadowbox challenges, at least as much as my three kids and husband will let me! :p

shunnstergirl 08-02-2014 10:05 PM

Oh! And on a related note... is there a 12 character limit on usernames? I would normally have an "l" at the end of my username (shunnstergirl), but it wouldn't let me enter any more characters while I was registering. Is there any way to get that added?

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shunnstergirl (Post 1062691206)
Oh! And on a related note... is there a 12 character limit on usernames? I would normally have an "l" at the end of my username (shunnstergirl), but it wouldn't let me enter any more characters while I was registering. Is there any way to get that added?

Gotcha fixed up on the username! :)

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssims20 (Post 1062691203)
Hi - I'm fairly new - just a few months and I can't seem to post my layout for August 1 in the thread for the shadowbox challenge. Can you help me?

Hi there! If you can let me know what kind of problem you're having, I'm happy to help. Until you have 10 posts, it may tell you that you have to have your post approved. If you'll go ahead and post, I'm keeping an eye on the threads and will approve them as I see them.

A quick way to get that 10 post minimum is to leave a little love in the gallery! I've changed your account permissions now, so you should be able to do that! :)

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkayess2 (Post 1062691170)
I'm new and kinda frustrated that I can't figure out how to comment in the gallery... I'm hoping it's related to the permissions issue. I was trying to post praise to get myself past the ten post limit, but no dice! In any case, I'm playing along with the shadowbox challenge and excited to really be able to participate.

Yeah, unfortunately, you can't leave praise til you either have 10 posts or we change your permissions. By the time I got back online tonight, you were already at 11, so there was nothing for me to change. You should be all free and clear from this point forward though!

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 10:58 PM

Whew! Ok, I think I'm caught up to here. WELCOME to all our new people! We're so glad to have all of you here with us. I hope you'll enjoy the contest and feel free to ask any questions if you need help along the way!

shunnstergirl 08-02-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062691225)
Gotcha fixed up on the username! :)

Thanks Libby!!

ssims20 08-02-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062691227)
Hi there! If you can let me know what kind of problem you're having, I'm happy to help. Until you have 10 posts, it may tell you that you have to have your post approved. If you'll go ahead and post, I'm keeping an eye on the threads and will approve them as I see them.

A quick way to get that 10 post minimum is to leave a little love in the gallery! I've changed your account permissions now, so you should be able to do that! :)

Thanks for responding so quickly. My problem is I can;t figure out how to post or attach a picture. i saved my layout as a 700X700 pixel jpeg, I see where I can "insert image" but it wants a url which I don't have as its saved as a file. i went looking on the forum for instructions on how to post pictures and I found a post on "inserting image" and then this one. I am sorry if this is vague and if I'm being dense. I figure the answer is somewhere obvious but I'm clueless.

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 11:14 PM

No problem at all! You can't upload a direct file in the forum here. You'll need to post it in the gallery first.

From there, you can follow these instructions for posting in the forum. I hope that helps!

If you need more help, just ask! :)

NeverendingJen 08-02-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssims20 (Post 1062691238)
Thanks for responding so quickly. My problem is I can;t figure out how to post or attach a picture. i saved my layout as a 700X700 pixel jpeg, I see where I can "insert image" but it wants a url which I don't have as its saved as a file. i went looking on the forum for instructions on how to post pictures and I found a post on "inserting image" and then this one. I am sorry if this is vague and if I'm being dense. I figure the answer is somewhere obvious but I'm clueless.

you will have to upload your photo to the gallery first, then you are able to get the url. This is an older tutorial, but it works for the basic steps:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t.../save-for-web/
then you can follow this tutorial to post in the forum:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...-in-the-forum/

Libby Pritchett 08-02-2014 11:17 PM

:wub: thanks Jen!!

ssims20 08-02-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062691243)
No problem at all! You can't upload a direct file in the forum here. You'll need to post it in the gallery first.

From there, you can follow these instructions for posting in the forum. I hope that helps!

If you need more help, just ask! :)

Success!!! Thanks Libby and Neverending Jen!

NeverendingJen 08-02-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062691246)
:wub: thanks Jen!!

Glad to help!

kraphty203 08-03-2014 12:37 AM

im new too

Hi mt name is Lee Ann. I have been a lurker for a long time but want to try to participate in some of the challenges! I am excited to start!

Libby Pritchett 08-03-2014 12:44 AM

Hi Lee Ann! So glad to have you! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and join the challenges! You may still notice some wonky stuff until you reach 10 posts. It's just a spam filter we have in place. The easiest and quickest way to up your post count is simply to leave some praise in the gallery. :) Welcome aboard!

kraphty203 08-04-2014 11:53 AM

thanks for adding me

Hi Libby,

Thank you for changing the permissions. I completed a page and was trying to save for gallery upload. I use PSE, but I couldnt resize the image by pixels once I was done and then it was only 1"x1" and still to many GB. I gave up because I was so frustrated, but I read some more of the posts here and saved the tutorials mentioned so hopefully I can get it done correctly :)

Libby Pritchett 08-04-2014 12:44 PM

I hope the tutorials help you, Lee Ann! You've probably already seen this one about saving for web, but I wanted to point it out just in case. This tutorial is a little old as it states that you should resize your layouts to 600px, but we've now upgraded that to 700.

Let us know if you have any questions!

michellerv 08-05-2014 06:47 PM

Hello from Colorado!

:wub:

Hi! I actually have been participating in the Shadowbox Challenge but just now found the newbie thread! Thanks for helping me get posted.