Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

Libby Pritchett 01-26-2015 01:21 PM

Hi there and welcome! So glad you're joining in our challenges!! I think the bingo system is so fun!

Please feel free to make yourself and home here! I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to settle in a bit. You will probably still notice some strange stuff until you have 10 posts. That's an automatic spam filter that we have in place. If you'd like to reach that 10 posts quickly, you can just leave some comments in the gallery!

Again, welcome! Hope to see you around more!

Kiana 01-27-2015 03:06 PM

Newbie here, to SSD, I've perused the store lots and gotten some freebies (thank you designers) but never joined the community, hmmm? not sure why though....LOL

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2015 03:29 PM

Welcome Kiana! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and make yourself at home! Have you checked out our new challenges?

You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that'll go away automatically. You can always leave some love in the gallery to bump that post count up faster!

Again, we're so glad to have you joining us!

Kiana 01-27-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062728348)
Welcome Kiana! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and make yourself at home! Have you checked out our new challenges?

You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that'll go away automatically. You can always leave some love in the gallery to bump that post count up faster!

Thanks so much!!! I'm excited about BINGO....not sure if I can get anything done this month, but I'm looking forward to starting fresh in February!!! :wub:

Kiana 01-27-2015 03:56 PM

Hmmm? Are there any siggie requirements somewhere??

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2015 03:57 PM

Not that I'm aware of? What are you having trouble with?

Kiana 01-27-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062728358)
Not that I'm aware of? What are you having trouble with?

No trouble, just checking before I'm off to make myself one. LOL :D

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2015 04:00 PM

Oh! LOL Well, I think you should be good to go. I just checked the upload page, and it says this:

Quote:

The maximum size of your custom image is 450 by 125 pixels or 50.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
If that helps at all. :)

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2015 04:01 PM

Actually though, most people host their siggies off-site (like photobucket), so the size wouldn't matter. :)

Kiana 01-27-2015 04:12 PM

Great ... thanks so much!!!

Kiana 01-27-2015 04:15 PM

YAY!!! It worked! :)

Thanks again

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2015 04:15 PM

Looks beautiful!!

Kiana 01-27-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062728368)
Looks beautiful!!

:hugs: thank you!

Smandysen 01-31-2015 06:42 PM

I'm excited to be here. Hoping to add some different pages to our family album this year and thinking the BINGO challenge just might be the way to do it! I've been scrapping since 1997 and digi scrappin' for the past 10 or so years. Looking forward to building my Sweet Shoppe stash of products. :)

Robin Carlton 02-01-2015 12:20 PM

Welcome Sherilin!! I've got you all fixed up so you should be able to jump in and post freely now! Can't wait to see you get involved with our bingo challenges this month - Feb's card is pretty fun!

ScrapperMel 02-02-2015 11:30 PM

Hello! Been stopping by for a while reading the blog and looking through the gallery for inspiration. I love the new Bingo challenge system and thought I would give it a try.

Libby Pritchett 02-02-2015 11:56 PM

Hi there! So glad you decided to join us! I love our Bingo challenges, so I'm super excited that you want to play along!

I've changed your forum permissions, but you still may notice a few weird things until you reach 10 posts. If you'd like to bump that number up quickly, you can leave some love in the gallery.

Welcome to SSD!

craftytam 02-05-2015 03:47 AM

Hi! I'm new here...I've been browsing the gallery for a while and picked up some freebies. I'm looking forward to getting to know people :)

Kiana 02-05-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062732002)
Hi! I'm new here...I've been browsing the gallery for a while and picked up some freebies. I'm looking forward to getting to know people :)

Welcome!! :D

Libby Pritchett 02-05-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062732002)

Hi there!! So glad you're here! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and make yourself at home! Have you checked out our new challenges?

You may still notice some weird stuff in the forum until you reach 10 posts, but that'll go away automatically (spam filters). You can always leave some love in the gallery to bump that post count up faster!

craftytam 02-05-2015 02:45 PM

Thank you so much, Libby! I am excited to try some of the challenges! :)

olivesparrow 02-07-2015 12:32 AM

Hi there! I am new to SSD =) I took a break from scrapping for a few years but now have more spare time since my eldest turned 3 recently and started kindy so back to scrapping! Previously hung out at another large store and did their challenges but their design team has change a lot in the time I've been gone so needed a new home and here I am =)

Quick question (if its ok to ask here) - can I create layouts using products that are no longer in the store or have never been in the store but are still by a designer here? (i.e I have A LOT of Flerg's kits from years ago that I'd love to use) Thanks!

carrie1977 02-07-2015 12:53 AM

Welcome to SSD!!

I'm pretty sure that as long as you are using a kit by a current designer then you are ok to post your layouts. I'm sure that Libby will answer that question for you. Can't wait to see what you create!! :)

Libby Pritchett 02-07-2015 03:06 AM

Hi there! So glad to have you joining us!

Carrie is absolutely right. As long as the kit is by a current designer, you can use it. It doesn't matter where you got it, if it's retired or no longer available, if it was a freebie, etc. So, you're welcome to use anything that you have by Flergs!

If you have any other questions, just let us know! I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to jump in and make yourself comfortable now! :)

olivesparrow 02-07-2015 03:16 AM

Thanks very much for the welcomes and thanks for clarifying that for me Libby =)

valinda 02-12-2015 06:37 AM

Hello, I am new to the forum. My name is Vanessa and I live in the UK.

elwaechter 02-12-2015 07:28 PM

Guess I should jump in here and claim to be a real person. I have posted a couple of times and uploaded some pictures - absolutely love the Bingo Challenge!! I am still feeling my way through the forum (as well as digital scrapping, so real newbie all around) and failed to place some of the pictures into the Bingo gallery category. I'm guessing I can't edit because of my status. Will that appear magically when I prove I'm for real?

NeverendingJen 02-12-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwaechter (Post 1062734270)
Guess I should jump in here and claim to be a real person. I have posted a couple of times and uploaded some pictures - absolutely love the Bingo Challenge!! I am still feeling my way through the forum (as well as digital scrapping, so real newbie all around) and failed to place some of the pictures into the Bingo gallery category. I'm guessing I can't edit because of my status. Will that appear magically when I prove I'm for real?

You have to get to 10 or 15 posts, I believe, before you can do more. Welcome to SSD!

carrie1977 02-12-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

I'm sure once Libby checks in she will change your permissions for you. :)

Libby Pritchett 02-12-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Hi there!

Yes, we have some spam filters in place that make things a little tough to navigate until you have 10 posts. I've changed your permissions, so that should give you a little more freedom. If you want to get that post count up quickly though so that those restrictions will drop off, the quickest and easiest way is just to leave some comments in the gallery (now that I've changed your permissions, you should be able to do that!)

Welcome to SSD! So glad you're going to playing along in the challenges with us! :)

Libby Pritchett 02-12-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valinda (Post 1062734091)
Hello, I am new to the forum. My name is Vanessa and I live in the UK.

I got you fixed up, too, Vanessa! Welcome! So glad you're here! :)

elwaechter 02-14-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062734315)
Hi there!

Yes, we have some spam filters in place that make things a little tough to navigate until you have 10 posts. I've changed your permissions, so that should give you a little more freedom. If you want to get that post count up quickly though so that those restrictions will drop off, the quickest and easiest way is just to leave some comments in the gallery (now that I've changed your permissions, you should be able to do that!)

Welcome to SSD! So glad you're going to playing along in the challenges with us! :)

Thank you Libby! I am now able to comment and make changes to my own photos. Wow! Being a real human is great!

Libby Pritchett 02-14-2015 12:54 PM

HA! Glad to hear it!! I just realized you're also in Kansas! Howdy neighbor! :)

aj307 02-17-2015 01:25 AM

Hi, I'm new here though I've been around the forum and shop a lot. Thought I'd start participating in the forums a bit more

Libby Pritchett 02-17-2015 01:38 AM

Hi there! So glad you decided to jump in and join us! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to make yourself at home! :)

silent ranks 02-23-2015 08:42 PM

Hi. I am Kate. I am from Australia.
I am a regular on other forums and going when through my stash I realised how much Sweet Shoppe stuff I have so hear I am.

Libby Pritchett 02-23-2015 09:41 PM

Hi Kate! So glad you decided to join us!

I"ve changed your forum permissions, so things should work a little better around here for you. You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that'll go away on its own (we just have some spam filters in place). If you want to get that post count up to 10 quickly, the easiest way is simply to leave some comments in the gallery.

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe! I hope you'll hang around and make yourself at home here, too! :)

DeliaGos 03-06-2015 08:03 AM

Hi, completely new to this world, just wondering when you purchase stuff of here what program you use to build your pages?

Libby Pritchett 03-06-2015 12:40 PM

Hi! Welcome to SSD and digiscrapping! :)

There are several different programs out there for digiscrapping, but I'd say the most common would be Photoshop Elements. There is a bit of a learning curve, but there is SO much more flexibility with that program than with others on the market.

Be sure to check out our tutorial section for some great help with getting started!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I've changed your forum permissions now, so I *think* you should be able to start threads in the forums here (though that MAY not come til you have 10 posts - you can leave some comments in the gallery to get that number up quickly if you'd like). Everyone here is super helpful with answering questions, so just let us know if we can help you in any way!

jonyce 03-06-2015 07:43 PM

I'm Jonyce from Crystal Lake, IL. New to the Sweet Shoppe forums, but not new to the shoppe. I'm a real person and would love to be able to join in the fun here.