Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

jwarcup 06-09-2018 12:21 PM

Hi Robin! I just wanted you to know I am a real person! Ha! :) :) :)

Would upgrading my account allow me to post attachments? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this forum. In fact, I love everything Sweet Shoppe! :)

Libby Pritchett 06-09-2018 02:02 PM

Hi there!

You should be all set since you now have more than 10 posts (I just checked your account, and there was nothing for me to upgrade). So, welcome to Sweet Shoppe! :)

To answer your question, you won't be able to post an attachment in the forum here. All photos need to be hosted elsewhere.

Here's a tutorial on inserting your layouts into posts (if your layout is hosted in our gallery):

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...-in-the-forum/

For other images, you can host them offsite on sites like imgur.com If you do it from there, you'll just want to copy the "BBCode" and paste it here. It will look like this (without the spaces)

[img ]https: //i.imgur.com/TcmCoGw.jpg [ /img]

shazzabess 06-10-2018 01:39 AM

I've been a member for several years but not very active over the past few years but am hoping to be more active in the future.

shazzabess 06-10-2018 04:07 AM

I have tried to do a profile pic and SIG but I don't think they are working.

helptheold 06-10-2018 12:24 PM

Hello! I'm somewhat new here, I guess I registered for the first time back in 2010 when I was first getting into digi scrapbooking but now that one of my designers, Meagan's Creations, is now here I'm looking forward to getting to know the community better!

Libby Pritchett 06-10-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazzabess (Post 1062922579)
I have tried to do a profile pic and SIG but I don't think they are working.

I see your signature, and you do have a profile pic... but you have to click on "view public profile" to see it. If you're wanting to change the picture in that shows up when you post in the forum, that's called an avatar. I'm not sure WHY they are 2 separate things, but that's what you'd need to edit to get it to show up in here. :)

If you still have trouble, feel free to send me a private message, and I can get it changed for you behind the scenes.

Libby Pritchett 06-10-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helptheold (Post 1062922586)
Hello! I'm somewhat new here, I guess I registered for the first time back in 2010 when I was first getting into digi scrapbooking but now that one of my designers, Meagan's Creations, is now here I'm looking forward to getting to know the community better!

Hi and welcome! Glad you are joining us now that Meagan is here! I've got your forum permissions changed, so you should be free to jump in and make yourself at home. You may still notice some weird stuff til you reach 10 posts because of some spam filters we have in place. If you leave some comments in the gallery though, that'll bump your post count up quickly.

Welcome to SSD!

shazzabess 06-10-2018 06:24 PM

Thank you Libby.
I am also having a problem posting credits in the Gallery. Who should I seek for help?

Libby Pritchett 06-10-2018 08:17 PM

Sometimes they gallery doesn't like if you use an apostrophe in your description. If you have any words in the description that uses a ' you might try removing that and seeing if it fixes your problem.

If it still doesn't work, you can start a thread in the forum here, and I'm sure one of the ladies who are more knowledgeable than I am can help you out! :wub:

shazzabess 06-10-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062922602)
Sometimes they gallery doesn't like if you use an apostrophe in your description. If you have any words in the description that uses a ' you might try removing that and seeing if it fixes your problem.

If it still doesn't work, you can start a thread in the forum here, and I'm sure one of the ladies who are more knowledgeable than I am can help you out! :wub:

It worked for one but not the next one. Strangely enough when I put credits on my SIG yesterday it worked fine.:closedeyes:

Libby Pritchett 06-10-2018 08:48 PM

I'm sorry, Sharon! I know that's frustrating. If you post in the forum, I bet some of the other ladies can help you figure out what's going on!

MauveSunrise 06-13-2018 09:30 PM

hi new here and very real lol

Libby Pritchett 06-13-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MauveSunrise (Post 1062922791)
hi new here and very real lol

Hi there! So glad you're here with us! I've changed your forum permissions, but you still may notice some strange things until you reach 10 posts. That will go away on its own once you hit that magic number of 10. The quickest way to do that is simply to leave some comments in the gallery!

cbsudd 07-25-2018 12:20 PM

Hello, I am new here and would like to post in the forums and also participate in the bingo and other challenges. upload layouts and such. When i try, it tells me I dont have permission.. thanks

Libby Pritchett 07-25-2018 12:35 PM

Hi there! Welcome!

I've changed your permissions, so you should be able to be more involved now! You may still notice some strange things until you have 10 posts due to some spam filters that we have in place. You can bump your post count up quickly by leaving some comments in the gallery.

Please make yourself at home! :)

cbsudd 07-25-2018 02:03 PM

Thank you so much

Li14 08-04-2018 02:38 PM

Hi! My name is Li. I've been digi-scrapping for over 7 years, so I think I registered for this forum years ago, but I haven't participated much. I figure it's time for that to change! :)

Li14 08-04-2018 02:40 PM

Now that I see my join date, I guess I should have said I've been scrapping over 10 years now! I calculated wrong! lol

Libby Pritchett 08-04-2018 02:57 PM

Hi Li! Glad you have you here and officially joining in! I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be good to go! You may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but that will all go away on its own. You can bump your post count up quickly by leaving some comments in the gallery.

Welcome back!

Fany Fanette 08-04-2018 03:28 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Stéphanie but a lot of my friends & family names me Fany. I'm a french digi scrapper since 2006 and I was a digi designer for 10 years. I stopped everything and took a break of a year and a half and now I decided to come back!
I love SSD for a very long time but I did not have enough time to use all your fabulous kits. I hope to make up for lost time...

Libby Pritchett 08-04-2018 04:56 PM

Welcome Fany! So happy to have you joining us! I've changed your membership settings, but you may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts due to some spam filters that are in place. You can reach that magic number of 10 quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!

Jump in and make yourself at home!

Fany Fanette 08-05-2018 09:02 AM

Thank you Libby!

Ladygreen 08-07-2018 08:01 PM

New Member!

Hello just joined the forum, and am looking forward to getting to know some of you, and learn my way around the forum... Thanks for having me!

jacinda 08-07-2018 08:07 PM

Welcome Ladygreen! Great to have you join us. Don't be scared to ask questions in the forum if you need direction.

Libby Pritchett 08-07-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladygreen (Post 1062927152)
Hello just joined the forum, and am looking forward to getting to know some of you, and learn my way around the forum... Thanks for having me!

Hi there! Please feel free to make yourself and home here! I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to settle in a bit. You will probably still notice some strange stuff until you have 10 posts. That's an automatic spam filter that we have in place. If you'd like to reach that 10 posts quickly, you can just leave some comments in the gallery!

Welcome!

Diane68 08-18-2018 02:45 PM

Hell Diane here

Hello, my name is Diane and I'm new here. Look forward to learning techniques about digital printing. Did Creative Memories for a long time, just not digital . It looks great and I'm willing to learn

Diane

Libby Pritchett 08-18-2018 03:49 PM

Hi Diane! Welcome! We're so glad to have you! You may notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts because of some spam filters that we have in place. However, that'll go away on its own once your post count is a little higher. You can bump your number up quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!

Diane68 08-18-2018 04:50 PM

Thank you

The only love I have are signatures that were made for me. I need to watch the tutorials on things. I have to see what I have. I'm not sure. The digital thing is new in my world and want to learn more about it.

thank you for the Welcome

Neverland Scraps 08-19-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane68 (Post 1062927945)
The only love I have are signatures that were made for me. I need to watch the tutorials on things. I have to see what I have. I'm not sure. The digital thing is new in my world and want to learn more about it.

thank you for the Welcome

Welcome Diane!!! Take a look around the forums, you might see answers to some of your questions. I'm so excited you found us here at Sweet Shoppe Designs and can't wait to see when you make your first digital layout!!!

If you can't find what you are looking for, feel free to make a thread with your questions and maybe we can answer them in one location to make it easier for you.

Here's a quick tutorial about "what is digital scrapbooking"
https://youtu.be/pD29vYuTVfU

Here's another tutorial about where to begin, picking a program
https://youtu.be/haGHxS_G3ms

Please keep in mind that these are older videos and there are more, upgraded, programs that what is shown in these videos.

Diane68 08-19-2018 04:33 PM

adobe

I Just went to the adobe, there are so many things there I have no clue what to do there. I want to start something small and then hopefully understand what I am doing in time. I have never done this before. When saw the tutorial how to make a signature, my mouth dropped. I hope I figure what I'm trying. I really would like some help.

Thank you once again for you welcome and help. Diane:thumbup:

Neverland Scraps 08-19-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane68 (Post 1062927971)
I Just went to the adobe, there are so many things there I have no clue what to do there. I want to start something small and then hopefully understand what I am doing in time. I have never done this before. When saw the tutorial how to make a signature, my mouth dropped. I hope I figure what I'm trying. I really would like some help.

Thank you once again for you welcome and help. Diane:thumbup:

I posted in a different thread (I can't remember which one), a link to various different graphic programs.

Unless you want to learn a trial (I recommend Photoshop), then I recommend GIMP, because it's a free program and gives you the idea of what digital looks/feels like
https://www.gimp.org/

Diane68 08-19-2018 05:03 PM

hello

I'm going to msg you , I think it will be simpler at this point, if not let me know, It's not going to happen over night anyways

thanks
Diane

tanyiadeskins 08-19-2018 05:05 PM

Welcome, Diane!

Diane68 08-19-2018 05:15 PM

Hi Diane

Hi there, nice to meet you, I see a lot I like, it's going to take me some time with all of this. I feel a lot of girls here are going to help to the best of the ways. Thank you

Diane:thumbup:

Neverland Scraps 08-19-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane68 (Post 1062927973)
I'm going to msg you , I think it will be simpler at this point, if not let me know, It's not going to happen over night anyways

thanks
Diane

I replied with the links to the trials.

Ga_L 09-04-2018 08:54 AM

hello everyone ! My name is Gaelle, I'm a real french person and totally new here at Sweet Shoppe

Libby Pritchett 09-04-2018 09:04 AM

Hi Gaelle! So glad you're here with us! I've changed your forum permissions, but you still may notice some strange things until you reach 10 posts. That will go away on its own once you hit that magic number of 10. The quickest way to do that is simply to leave some comments in the gallery!

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

meggersjm 09-05-2018 09:56 PM

I'm new here, but familiar with several designers and I've seen quite a few familiar faces. I'm guesting for Studio Basic for Sept and October.

I pretty much lived at TDC, but since it closed, I have been bumbling around trying to fit in somewhere. I'm hoping to get my gallery filled up here soon!

Neverland Scraps 09-05-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meggersjm (Post 1062929173)
I'm new here, but familiar with several designers and I've seen quite a few familiar faces. I'm guesting for Studio Basic for Sept and October.

I pretty much lived at TDC, but since it closed, I have been bumbling around trying to fit in somewhere. I'm hoping to get my gallery filled up here soon!

Welcome, welcome!! So glad you are here with us at SSD!! Congratulations on guesting for Ru Sept/Oct! She's one of my favorite designers!! :wub:

Libby Pritchett 09-06-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meggersjm (Post 1062929173)

Hi Megan! Welcome! So happy to have you joining us! I've changed your membership settings, but you may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts due to some spam filters that are in place. You can reach that magic number of 10 quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!