Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

Libby Pritchett 07-02-2013 12:55 AM

Gotcha fixed up!! Welcome welcome! :)

MissK 07-02-2013 03:17 AM

Yay thanks Libby!

MelanieB 07-04-2013 03:31 PM

Hi, everyone!

New digital scrapper here! I always admired traditional paper scrapbooking, but I wasn't very good at it. Via Pinterest, I discovered digital scrapbooking & Sweet Shoppe and now I am hooked! Digital scrapbooking is so much easier for me. After a recent trip, I've become obsessed with creating mini-albums of all the places I've visited! I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone about digital scrapbooking techniques!

~ Melanie

Libby Pritchett 07-04-2013 03:38 PM

Hi Melanie! So glad you decided to jump in and join us! I've got your settings all changed, so feel free to post away! :)

MelanieB 07-04-2013 04:24 PM

Thanks so much, Libby!

cherrygutz 07-05-2013 11:33 AM

Hi, Cherry here. I'm new to this forum although I've been reading the blog and stalking the gallery and the shop for a long time now. It's good to be here :)

Libby Pritchett 07-05-2013 05:05 PM

Gotcha fixed up, Cherry! Welcome!

kajim09 07-06-2013 10:02 AM

Definitely New Here!

I've been a digi scrapper for years now. I got my first taste many years ago using The Print Shop and was hooked. I later went to My Memories software, though I usually use Paint Shop Pro X4 now. (I'll change to Photoshop later. I just had Paint Shop already.)

I create scrapbooks by the dozens. Last night I designed coasters for my living room. Later this week I'll print and decoupage them on old CDs. (Recycling, that's good. Right?} Earlier this year I made Daily Reminder cards for my husband. He's had several strokes and needs reminders to complete toileting tasks on his own. (Brushing teeth, shaving, dressing, etc.)

Although I've taken part in speed scraps from time to time, I've never tried any challenges. I've wanted to try for some time now, but haven't because I'm a little intimidated by forums. I am not comfortable with all the ins and outs of using forums. It's time to move past my comfort zone!

Robin Carlton 07-06-2013 11:12 AM

Welcome! I've got you all fixed up! Jump right in, this month's challenges are awesome!!

Alchemy 07-06-2013 02:03 PM

Howdy

Howdy everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and post a little introduction about myself. My name is Vanessa and I am currently a stay at home mommy. I have lived in Omaha, Nebraska for the past ten years, but I am originally from Western Kentucky. I have been married to my husband for almost ten years and we have four children that amaze us each and every day. I am a huge nerd. I love all things nerdy - comic books, science, math, computers, computer programming, just everything. =P I also enjoy DIY projects and crafting - things like sewing, knitting, paper crafts, etc. Another thing that I greatly enjoy is graphic design and web design. I have been creating blog graphics for many years and I love it so much! I also enjoy baking and gardening. I love anything to do with Halloween and I am a Hello Kitty addict. =P I look forward to participating in challenges and getting to know everyone! I am pretty much an open book and I love making new friends so please don't be shy!

Libby Pritchett 07-06-2013 02:23 PM

Hi Vanessa! So glad you're here! Sounds like you're gonna fit right in! I've got you all fixed up in the forums, so jump in and make yourself at home!

cherrygutz 07-06-2013 02:40 PM

Thanks Libby, Robin :)

Phoenix 07-11-2013 01:48 AM

Hi Everyone, I've decided to return to the digiscrapping world. I look forward to meeting more of you soon. Just a quick question. I only own Photoshop CS3. Has everyone upgraded to the latest now? just curious. Is it now Photoshop CS7? TIA :)

Phoenix 07-12-2013 12:12 AM

Help!! I cant post anything nor can i update my signature. What is going on?

Libby Pritchett 07-12-2013 12:27 AM

Hey Phoenix, I'm so sorry I missed your first post in this thread. :) I've got you set up now. We just had to take measures to prevent the spammers who were overtaking our boards. You should be good to go now!

In regards to your question, I think you'll find that there are still people using a wide variety of Photoshop versions. Lots of people use PSE. Some are still on CS2 or 3. I use CS6, but now the latest thing is the Cloud (monthly subscription). Personally, unless you just WANT some of the other features that you can find in the newer versions, I think CS3 is just fine for scrapping! :)

Phoenix 07-12-2013 12:35 AM

Oh thats good to know Libby. Thank you so much :)

lannoe 07-13-2013 12:44 PM

Hello. I am not new to scrapbooking, but fairly new to digital scrapping. I'd like to learn how to use the layered templates.

Lori
Missoui

Libby Pritchett 07-13-2013 01:05 PM

Hi Lori! I got your membership changed, so you're free to post around and jump right in now! :)

Have you checked out our tutorial section (link at the top of the page)? There's a great tutorial here on using layered templates. :) hope that helps!

lannoe 07-13-2013 01:30 PM

Thank you Libby! Look forward to learning and making friends.

Lori

ScrapwKim 07-23-2013 03:58 PM

Hi there,
My name is Kimberly and I'm new to this site. I've been a digi scrapper for about a year and just now exploring new products and ideas. Love the kits in the shoppe. Now to just learn the site a bit.

Darcy Baldwin 07-23-2013 04:17 PM

Welcome to SSD, Kim, we've got you hooked up!

mericanadian 07-26-2013 11:45 PM

Hi, from Canada!

No, it's not cold here...nor is it snowing. :D

Hi, everyone. I'm Mary (or Meri), and I do indeed live in "The Great White North". I have a gazillion hobbies...one of which is, of course, digital scrapbooking (something I've only just been introduced to recently....okay...back in April).

I've made a few (less than 40) pages...so far...so I'm a real "noob". Hopefully, as time goes by I'll become a bit more proficient. :)

Thanks for having me be a part of the community!

*passes around a plate of pastries*

Libby Pritchett 07-26-2013 11:49 PM

Hi Meri! Welcome! I changed your account settings, so you should be good to go! Hope you'll jump right in and make yourself at home here with us!

tibrown 07-27-2013 08:09 PM

Hi everyone...I am Tina and I have been a digital scrapper for about 3 years or so and I absolutely love it! I am excited to be a part of this community and jump in on the monthly challenges. Thank you so much.
I am happily married (20 years) to my best friend with a daughter who is going into her Senior year (sniff, sniff) and one little doggie who melts my heart. I am currently finding my faith again. I am a stay at home mom who works during tax time (receptionist) who gave up her 16 year career as a surgical nurse and I have never looked back. I am excited to learn new things and meet new people.

Libby Pritchett 07-27-2013 10:28 PM

Hi Tina!! Welcome!! You're all set up now. Glad to have you here with us!

by becca 08-04-2013 05:16 PM

Hello from Pennsylvania! I'm Becca and I'm new to the SSD forum and galleries though not new to the store or community. So let's see.... I'm mama to 4 and wife to 1, former digital designer now turned hobbyist photographer and always an artist at heart. I love chocolate, thunderstorms, amazing books, and anything with a history.

I'm happy to finally be joining in.

jacinda 08-04-2013 05:33 PM

You had me at chocolate Becca. :D Welcome to SSD!

by becca 08-04-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1146057)
You had me at chocolate Becca. :D Welcome to SSD!

Chocolate too, eh Jacinda? :w00t: Thanks for the welcome!

Mom0fgirls 08-06-2013 01:54 PM

Hi!

I'm new here too - and excited to be on Nicole's CT. (Becca - I'm from PA also, just outside Philadelphia). I have 3 daughters, a wonderful DH, a big white dog named Chester and a huge vegetable garden.

I love to do hybrid projects and play with my Silhouette digital die cutter.

crazycat1126 08-13-2013 02:43 AM

Hi there! I'd like to introduce myself in the forum but can't start a new thread, I'm guessing this is why! So hopefully I'm cleared as a real person and can start posting soon... Thanks! :)

Chessie 08-17-2013 08:15 AM

Hello! Completely real person :) So excited to finally figure digital scrapbooking out.. Now that my baby is starting Kindy I have some more time on my hands and looking for a new hobby.

Romy 08-17-2013 09:59 PM

Hi everybody...I'm Romy, mom to adult twins.... photographer, scrapper, designer
(all interconnected, anyway :-D ), with obsession for good food and California wines :-)

SinisterPink 08-27-2013 11:14 PM

I'm a real person too, well I think I am, I craft, ergo I am, or so they tell me!!

Sarah

BrattyMeg 08-28-2013 12:17 AM

Sarah, Romy, Chessie, and crazy your profiles are all fixed :)

Welcome to SSD

heathert 09-08-2013 09:33 PM

I'm a real person! *lol* And I wanted to congratulate Tronesia on having made GSO...

PokeyDiva 09-15-2013 09:03 AM

Hello, another newbie here :))

YepBrook 09-15-2013 09:08 AM

Welcome!

Libby Pritchett 09-15-2013 11:43 AM

Hi there Heather & MrsFinn! I've got you both set up now! Welcome welcome!

Awinita 10-01-2013 08:31 AM

Hi, I am Awinita and a newbie to this community. Cheers!

scrapsuzy 10-02-2013 09:43 PM

I'm a real person and would like to be upgraded so I can do the Portfolio! This has been my favorite digi shop for awhile now, so I don't know why it has taken me so long to get around to posting and participating... but I'm here now! :)