Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

MRWesley 01-31-2021 01:58 PM

New to digital scrapbooking

I need help! I am using an iPad Pro and really don’t know where to start. I have both Procreate and PhotoShop and really know nothing about either. Can the files from the Sweet Shoppe kits be using on the iPad?

Melanie

Erin3 02-01-2021 08:29 AM

Hello!
I'm not new to the Sweet Shoppe, but new to the forum. I'm hoping to join some challenges, and I wanted to ask if I can post layouts made with the retired products or freebies by Sweet Shoppe designers?

mrsashbaugh 02-01-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin3 (Post 1063032897)
Hello!
I'm not new to the Sweet Shoppe, but new to the forum. I'm hoping to join some challenges, and I wanted to ask if I can post layouts made with the retired products or freebies by Sweet Shoppe designers?

Hello Erin!Welcome on joining in our challenges, especially this month, our birthday month! You can use retired products as long as the designer is still active here. If it is a collab, one of the designers have to at least be active here. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mrsashbaugh 02-01-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRWesley (Post 1063032808)
I need help! I am using an iPad Pro and really don’t know where to start. I have both Procreate and PhotoShop and really know nothing about either. Can the files from the Sweet Shoppe kits be using on the iPad?

Melanie

Hi Melanie! Welcome! I have no clue about using our products with the iPad pro, but I believe there are some that do. If it has Photoshop, I'm sure you would be able to.. Hopefully someone that is more familiar can pop in here and help out. Just wanted to say hi and welcome! Oh, you can always grab the freebies and try it out to see if it works. [emoji3]

Erin3 02-02-2021 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh (Post 1063033011)
Hello Erin!Welcome on joining in our challenges, especially this month, our birthday month! You can use retired products as long as the designer is still active here. If it is a collab, one of the designers have to at least be active here. Hope that helps!

Thank you!

just_jo 02-02-2021 10:27 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forums, not new to the Shoppe. I used to do a lot of digital scrapbooking, but then I started doing the yearbook for our home school group and my own just slid to the side. I've just recently stepped down from the yearbook!! and am wanting to get back into the groove of doing my own pages again. This time around I have 2 grandchildren to add to the mix...and a brand new computer that my hubby just built for me. I'm so excited. I look forward to getting to know y'all!

Jo

mrsashbaugh 02-02-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_jo (Post 1063033159)
Hi, I'm new to the forums, not new to the Shoppe. I used to do a lot of digital scrapbooking, but then I started doing the yearbook for our home school group and my own just slid to the side. I've just recently stepped down from the yearbook!! and am wanting to get back into the groove of doing my own pages again. This time around I have 2 grandchildren to add to the mix...and a brand new computer that my hubby just built for me. I'm so excited. I look forward to getting to know y'all!

Jo

Welcome back! How exciting with a new computer to get you going again and the addition of 2 grandkids! [emoji3]

CindyB 02-02-2021 03:36 PM

Would love to participate in the Birthday Challenges and games :) Can someone fix my permissions? Looking to be active here :) TIA

pebbles831 02-02-2021 05:07 PM

Hello! I have been here for years, but never posted. I am excited to join the Birthday Challenges, but I am unable to edit my post. Thanks!

mrsashbaugh 02-02-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyB (Post 1063033242)
Would love to participate in the Birthday Challenges and games :) Can someone fix my permissions? Looking to be active here :) TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by pebbles831 (Post 1063033269)
Hello! I have been here for years, but never posted. I am excited to join the Birthday Challenges, but I am unable to edit my post. Thanks!

Hi ladies and welcome! We're so happy to have you here! Once you make 10 posts you should be good to go! You can comment on different threads to get your count up. [emoji3]

CindyB 02-02-2021 05:17 PM

Thank you Mary :)

Frumpz 02-02-2021 05:44 PM

Oh thank you for this thread! It looks I'm not able to edit my post or (if that is possible) write a private mail to another member. So maybe it is because of this restrictions... I do buy here, I just not posted before...

CindyB 02-02-2021 05:57 PM

Looks like I'm over the 10 post minimum and still cannot comment in the gallery or edit posts. Also would like to upload a profile pic :)

mrsashbaugh 02-02-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyB (Post 1063033282)
Looks like I'm over the 10 post minimum and still cannot comment in the gallery or edit posts. Also would like to upload a profile pic :)

hmmm..ok, usually that works. I will get in contact with higher powers than myself and let them know. :D:hugs:

mrsashbaugh 02-02-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyB (Post 1063033282)

You should be good to go now. :)

CindyB 02-02-2021 11:17 PM

Thank you for your help!!

TracyBurtt 02-03-2021 11:14 AM

Hello! Just joined the forums last night (although have been a sweet shoppe customer for many years)... when I click on my name it says I don't have permission, I assume this is because I need to be further approved? Thanks for the help!
Tracy

Robin Carlton 02-03-2021 12:16 PM

Gotcha fixed up Tracy! Glad you're joining us here in the forums! Welcome!

laurabobaura 02-03-2021 12:33 PM

welcome to ssd, ladies! xo

TracyBurtt 02-03-2021 05:21 PM

Robin, I've tried to post to today's birthday thread twice now... neither one are showing up... what am I doing wrong? I'm trying to find them to post the link in my bingo post.

TracyBurtt 02-05-2021 01:52 PM

Testing...

testing my profile pic and signature....

Hmmm... looks like I've go the signature working, but my profile pic isn't showing... it shows on the page where I add it... looks like it should work, any suggestions?

lorigaud 02-05-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyBurtt (Post 1063034131)
testing my profile pic and signature....

Hmmm... looks like I've go the signature working, but my profile pic isn't showing... it shows on the page where I add it... looks like it should work, any suggestions?

Your profile pic and avatar are two different things... it's the avatar that will show up in your posts.

TracyBurtt 02-05-2021 05:28 PM

Thank you Lori!

Omg, now that you tell me it's so obvious, but I just wasn't realizing what I was doing wrong! Thanks so much!

Now I need to figure out how to stay within the size limit but have a nice clear picture.... that's eluding me!

copwife612 02-05-2021 11:13 PM

I am new to adding images to the gallery and albums and when I save they seem to be too big and when I have to size down or knock down the quality they look fuzzy. I have Photoshop Creative Cloud 2021. Are there a good tutorials I can look at? Thanks in advance!

StacyLynn 02-06-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copwife612 (Post 1063034295)
I am new to adding images to the gallery and albums and when I save they seem to be too big and when I have to size down or knock down the quality they look fuzzy. I have Photoshop Creative Cloud 2021. Are there a good tutorials I can look at? Thanks in advance!

I resave my LOs in PSCC like this...
Flatten the image
Click "image" in the top tool bar
Click "image size", then 72 dpi and 800-100(depends on what gallery I'm posting to)
Then slide the size down to under 450kb, then save.

laurabobaura 02-07-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyBurtt (Post 1063034186)
Omg, now that you tell me it's so obvious, but I just wasn't realizing what I was doing wrong! Thanks so much!

Now I need to figure out how to stay within the size limit but have a nice clear picture.... that's eluding me!

it takes practice. you're doing great! :)

vicky23ny 02-08-2021 01:29 PM

Hello everyone. Although I'm a big fan of sweet shoppe for over 10 years, I only shop and haven't posted in the forum before. Thank you for all the amazing designs and the lovely community.

cherrygutz 02-08-2021 04:47 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I too, was a shoppe lurker for years before I decided it was time to join in the fun in the forum, and I made the right choice :) I hope you will join us in the challenges, can't wait to leave love in your gallery!!! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky23ny (Post 1063034933)
Hello everyone. Although I'm a big fan of sweet shoppe for over 10 years, I only shop and haven't posted in the forum before. Thank you for all the amazing designs and the lovely community.

mrsashbaugh 02-08-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky23ny (Post 1063034933)

Glad you stopped by to say hello! Hope you'll join us this month for our birthday celebration!

TracyBurtt 02-09-2021 12:14 PM

How to post to Gallery?

Thanks ladies for the welcome & help!

I'm probably overlooking it, but I'm trying to figure out how to post to the gallery... I've resized my image down so small it is horribly pixelated and it's still saying it's too large... I 'm clearly missing something obvious. What is the size limit for the gallery? Or can you host your image elsewhere, but get it to show up the in the gallery?

I'm having the same issue with my avatar, other people are much more clear than mine, but when I make it any higher resolution it won't upload.

I'm using photoshop CC 2021 on a Mac.

Thanks for any help you're able to give!

lorigaud 02-09-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracyBurtt (Post 1063035110)
Thanks ladies for the welcome & help!

I'm probably overlooking it, but I'm trying to figure out how to post to the gallery... I've resized my image down so small it is horribly pixelated and it's still saying it's too large... I 'm clearly missing something obvious. What is the size limit for the gallery? Or can you host your image elsewhere, but get it to show up the in the gallery?

I'm having the same issue with my avatar, other people are much more clear than mine, but when I make it any higher resolution it won't upload.

I'm using photoshop CC 2021 on a Mac.

Thanks for any help you're able to give!

This is an older tutorial, but the basic ideas are the same.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t.../save-for-web/

When I finish my LO, I flatten it, save it as a jpeg, then resize to 700x700 at 72ppi and save for web. I usually keep my size under 250k.

SweetChar 02-09-2021 03:10 PM

I certainly don't know the "right" way or "easiest" way, but I take my flattened layout of 3600 x 3600 pixels, resize it for printing at 2400 x 2400 pixels. Then take that image and click on "save for web & device." In there, I change the image size to 700x700 and play with the "quality" number at top right until the jpeg size (right under the picture) show at 499K or below.

So, long story short, I believe the maximum allowed is 700x700 at 499kb.

Edited... I don't know if it's different with a MAC. And I have some ancient version of PhotoShop. CS5, I believe.

TracyBurtt 02-09-2021 03:45 PM

Thank you so much Lori... it was the "save for WEB" that I was missing, was just regular saving, but to those specifications and my file was way too big!

justpattyanne 02-11-2021 08:31 PM

Howdy from the scenic piney woods of NE Texas!
I'm 'just' Patty Anne (as I'm known throughout digi-art land). I've been a shopper here forever - and a stalker of all the amazing talent.

I'd love to be able to leave love in the gallery - but it won't let me, the option to leave a comment isn't there... but others were able to leave love. I've got all this admiring love bottled up that I've got to let out! ;-) Can you help a girl out? I'd really appreciate it! And if not, just know I'm a fan, albeit a silenced one. ;-)

Wishing everyone a superfantabulously blessed & creative February!
just Patty Anne

mijo 02-16-2021 02:04 AM

Hello, I'm Yvonne aka mijo. I'm new here.

I have two problems: I can not give comments in the gallery and I can not edit my posts in the forum.
Thanks for help.

DanikaK 02-17-2021 08:52 PM

I'm real! Can I get an upgrade.

lorigaud 02-17-2021 09:02 PM

Welcome, ladies! I'm sure someone in admin will help you out soon. Looking forward to seeing your pages!

Robin Carlton 02-17-2021 09:13 PM

Hi Yvonne, Patty Anne & Danika! I just finished upgrading all of your accounts so you can jump into the fun! So happy to have you here. Let us know if you need anything <3

JoyBelle 02-19-2021 09:52 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm Joy, I'm a real person, I promise!!!

JoyBelle 02-20-2021 11:04 AM

Just popping in to say that I've made 10 posts but still can't comment in the gallery so feel really bad as I've posted the link to my first layout in the forum to get some love and now I can't leave any love!

I am not hassling - I know that everybody has lives outside of the internet so please don't think I'm nagging - just don't want people thinking that I'm taking all the love and not giving it!