Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

lauren grier 04-13-2014 04:49 PM

Hi Mary !! Welcome to ssd!

sastampink 04-17-2014 11:59 AM

real person here

Wondering how many posts I need to put up before I can edit my spot for the challenges.

sastampink 04-17-2014 12:05 PM

oops

Oops, forgot to introduce myself! I am a SAHM to twin toddlers. I was a paper scrapbooker for many years, then turned into a hard core rubber stamper. Once I had my twins I couldn't get into my studio and turned to other crafts like sewing, needle felting and have recently completely and utterly fallen in love with digital scrapbooking. So far I have completed about 45 pages and I LOVE that I can scrap, watch my girls and not have to worry about my supplies being stolen or destroyed. All I need is my laptop and I am good to go. I print all my pages online but hope to buy a wide format printer one of these days.

I am totally addicted to the Sweet Shoppe and all the amazing high quality collections from all of these talented designers. I come to the forum several times a day for inspiration. My sweet shoppe wish list is a mile long. I just finished my first layout for the April outside the box challenges I am hoping I can stick with it and put that big discount to good use!

Thanks for having me!
Tracey

Libby Pritchett 04-17-2014 12:46 PM

Welcome Tracey!

I've just gone in and changed your settings, so you should be able to edit your posts now. You may still find some weirdness until you reach 10 posts (ie it may tell you that any image you post in a forum message needs to be approved). Once you reach 10 posts though, that should resolve itself. You can always comment in the gallery to get your post count up quickly. :)

So glad to have you join us! Jump right in and make yourself at home!

sastampink 04-17-2014 02:13 PM

Thanks Libby!
I've been attempting to upload my first layout for the april challenges and I wasn't sure what was wrong. Here is post number 6! I will continue to keep commenting in the gallery to bump up my posts.

Libby Pritchett 04-17-2014 02:30 PM

Looks like you should be all set now, Tracey!

I just found your other post in the challenge thread and approved it. Here's a tutorial that might be helpful to you on figuring out how to post your images. :)

sastampink 04-17-2014 08:57 PM

Sorry to be a bother, I tried loading it that way putting the URLs to the gallery but they don't load the image, just a link to the image.

Also I have a mac, so there is no right click. I can copy the link but it just does the same thing and inserts the link into the post. My settings say this:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments <----- is this the problem?
You may edit your posts

UPDATE:
Never mind! I put my layouts on photo bucket and linked them from there and that worked.

BrattyMeg 04-17-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastampink (Post 1062663237)

Also I have a mac, so there is no right click. I can copy the link but it just does the same thing and inserts the link into the post. My settings say this:

You can set up right click in mouse preferences just so you know :)

Libby Pritchett 04-17-2014 10:10 PM

Yep, what Meg said. :)

Also, the url you want to copy is the IMAGE url... not the url to the page. It should end in .jpg

For example, in your gallery, this link takes you to the layout page:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ragons&cat=500

But if I right click on the actual image and choose "copy image URL" (in Chrome), then I get this url

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ons_lo_res.jpg

That's the one I'd want to put in the image box to get it to show up inside the post.

Hope that helps!

Ksimmonds 04-17-2014 11:32 PM

I am having difficulty with the gallery. I can't see how to comment on any layout. I am logged in and see nothing.

jesskab 04-17-2014 11:38 PM

I'm Jess. I'm a wife, student, & mother to 2 boys. I have 2 jobs. Scrapping is my relaxation. I've been with SSD for awhile now. I just recently started the challenges because I have tons of SSD stuff. It's nice to be able to finally use them, and be able to post them.

Lyd 04-17-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastampink (Post 1062663237)
Also I have a mac, so there is no right click.

Also, Ctrl Click will bring up the right click menu, so even if your mouse doesn't have right click capabilities, you have all the right click options if you use the Ctrl button.

Hope you're getting everything figured out. We're always here to help. :)

Libby Pritchett 04-17-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksimmonds (Post 1062663281)
I am having difficulty with the gallery. I can't see how to comment on any layout. I am logged in and see nothing.

You should be set now. I just needed to change your forum permissions. :)

Libby Pritchett 04-17-2014 11:46 PM

Welcome Jess! So glad to have you joining us in the challenges!

zakirahzakaria 04-19-2014 02:40 PM

Welcome, Jess! Doing the TOTB & Inspiration Corner challenges are a great way to use your stash, for sure. Keep sharing your layouts in the gallery! We love seeing them <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesskab (Post 1062663283)
I just recently started the challenges because I have tons of SSD stuff. It's nice to be able to finally use them, and be able to post them.

theredwren 04-21-2014 03:41 AM

Hello!

Hello everyone! I just signed up to the forums even though I've been a big fan of the Sweet Shoppe for quite a while. I'm mainly a hybrid scrapper - pocket style, but thought I might start to do some larger layouts to learn some new scrapping skills and find a use for a lot of the digi products I seem to have accumulated!
Looking forward to participating,
Renae :)

zakirahzakaria 04-21-2014 06:16 AM

Welcome Renae! So happy to have you here :wub:

We have a dedicated Tutorials page if you'd like to learn new techniques. There's a lot of tutorials there that range from basic to advanced techniques. Don't forget to check it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredwren (Post 1062663881)
Hello everyone! I just signed up to the forums even though I've been a big fan of the Sweet Shoppe for quite a while. I'm mainly a hybrid scrapper - pocket style, but thought I might start to do some larger layouts to learn some new scrapping skills and find a use for a lot of the digi products I seem to have accumulated!
Looking forward to participating,
Renae :)

Libby Pritchett 04-21-2014 11:50 AM

Hi Renae! So glad you're joining us! I'll second what zakirah said... definitely check out the tutorials section, and feel free to ask here in the forum if there's something specific you can't figure out!

I've changed your forum permissions, so you are free to jump in and make yourself at home now. :)

Inspired11 05-06-2014 01:19 PM

Hi! I'm new to this chat community, (although I've been purchasing your beautiful digi-scrap kits for years) and would like to join the community. Thank you!

staciahall 05-06-2014 01:44 PM

Hello, Inspired11 and welcome!!

Inspired11 05-06-2014 01:59 PM

Hello!

Hi there,

I've ordered products from the site, but never posted threads here. I would like to do so. I signed up and was approved, but for some reason I am not able to start a new thread. I have a digi-scrap question and would like to ask the group for ideas.

Thanks!

Inspired11 05-06-2014 02:00 PM

Thank you!

Libby Pritchett 05-06-2014 03:10 PM

Hi there and welcome! I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to start a thread now! Hope you'll make yourself at home! :)

Inspired11 05-06-2014 08:07 PM

Thank you!

Thanks for your help!

jang123 05-10-2014 10:12 PM

Just uploaded the Think Outside the Box but I can't figure out how to get the image to show in the thread. Is there some way to link the image? Thanks.

Libby Pritchett 05-10-2014 10:18 PM

Hi there!

I just looked at your post in the TOTB thread, and it looks like you just need the "img" tags around your URL. You have the correct address, but rather than just pasting it directly, you'll want to click on the box directly above where you type that looks like it is yellow with a little mountain in it. That will open a pop up box, and you can paste your URL in there. When you are finished it will look like this (without the spaces)

[IMG] https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com..._SSD_May_1.jpg [/IMG]

You can also check out this tutorial for step by step instructions.

annet83 05-11-2014 01:36 PM

Hello! I'm a loyal sweet shoppe customer, but never really looked on the forum. I heard there were some challenges now and then, so I decided to register and come take a look!

Libby Pritchett 05-11-2014 08:04 PM

Hi and welcome! :) So glad to have you hear, and I hope you'll jump in and make yourself at home! I changed your account permissions, but you may still notice some weirdness til you reach 10 posts (It's an anti-spam thing). If you have any trouble with anything just post here or send me a PM, and we'll get you fixed up!

djp332 05-30-2014 10:45 PM

Hi everyone. I thought I had had registered for the forum here, but I guess I never did until today. I'm Donna. I live in Pittsburgh, PA with my husband of 32 years. Our 2 daughters are recently married and we are enjoying our empty nest status.

I started digital scrapping about 3.5 years ago and have been using PSE for the last 2 years.

Oh, and I only scrap on days that end in "y"

Libby Pritchett 05-30-2014 11:02 PM

Hi Donna! So glad to have you join us!! Sounds like you'll fit right in! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and make yourself at home. You may still notice a few little glitchy things until you have 10 posts, but you are free to post here in the forums or comment in the gallery now (and gallery comments raise your post count, too!).

Welcome aboard! :)

Dandelion DD 05-30-2014 11:48 PM

Hello!

I'm unable to post in the forum or leave comments in the gallery? Do I need to so something special in the control panel in order to do so? :)

Thank you!

Libby Pritchett 05-31-2014 12:33 AM

Hi there! I just had to change your permissions. You should be all set now! So sorry for the inconvenience... the silly spammers like to make life difficult for the rest of us. :)

mimisgirl 06-03-2014 11:20 AM

I am real. I am real excited to be finally getting the chance to interact in some forums. I have been supper busy with babies for a few years so now that I am getting me time, this is fun!

Libby Pritchett 06-03-2014 11:22 AM

Well, we're excited to have you!! I've changed your forum permissions, so make yourself at home! :)

aichaku 06-08-2014 03:37 AM

Hi! I am registered for some time already I think but never got round to posting. I was recently inspired by the Challenges and wanted to play, so here I am! ^_^

tanyiadeskins 06-08-2014 08:51 AM

Hi and welcome! :thumbup:

zakirahzakaria 06-08-2014 09:14 AM

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see your pages ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:

Originally Posted by aichaku (Post 1062677552)
Hi! I am registered for some time already I think but never got round to posting. I was recently inspired by the Challenges and wanted to play, so here I am! ^_^

zakirahzakaria 06-08-2014 09:15 AM

Welcome! Make yourself at home! :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimisgirl (Post 1062675594)
I am real. I am real excited to be finally getting the chance to interact in some forums. I have been supper busy with babies for a few years so now that I am getting me time, this is fun!

Libby Pritchett 06-08-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aichaku (Post 1062677552)

Welcome! I changed your account, so you should be good to go! Feel free to jump right in! You may notice a little wonky stuff until you reach 10 posts, but if you have any trouble with anything, feel free to send me a private message!

aichaku 06-09-2014 09:23 AM

thank you!!