Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which Cricuit should I ask for? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91791)

scrap2day 12-20-2019 07:11 PM

Which Cricuit should I ask for?

Anyone have experience using digital kits with a Cricuit? I was thinking about putting one on my wish list (or at least partial money toward) but I have no idea if it would work with digital kits. My thought is that it would be much easier if it would automatically cut out the designs but not sure how that works with a print out. I was thinking it would be fun to do more hybrid but I can't imagine trying to cut everything out by hand. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Neverland Scraps 12-20-2019 07:22 PM

My vote is for the Cricut Maker

That's what I'm holding out for---an amazing deal that I can't pass up. Wish I had gotten the one from Amazon Days but I second-guessed myself and now I'm kicking myself in the toosh.

And I also recommend Craft Vinyl
Just make sure you read all the directions before ordering!

Leontine78 12-24-2019 07:44 AM

Absolutely the Cricut Maker. I love that thing.

abm234 12-28-2019 06:00 PM

Cricut Maker. I have the Explore because I got it several years ago before the Maker was out. But if I was buying today I would get the Maker.

aussiegirl 12-28-2019 09:21 PM

I have no clue, mine is an older brand that was given to me from a friend when she upgraded and got a new one! It works great, and we are LOVING creating fun shirts and projects!

Now, if you want to ask about the shirt presses.....let me know! I HATE ironing (I did it for a job once at a Dry Cleaners during college), and I would LOVE to have a shirt press to make the whole process easier! I'm holding out for a bit, because our iron is just fine and we are limiting our shirts for our next trip (this past trip, we were making 3-4 per person!)

StacyLynn 12-29-2019 09:46 AM

I have the original explore that came out like 5-6 years ago. I love it! But if I was ordering today, I'd go for the Maker. I want to cut fabric.

I use the png files of stamps to craft with my Cricut. This year I made a ton of reverse canvases for family gifts.

Neverland Scraps 12-30-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062982731)
I have no clue, mine is an older brand that was given to me from a friend when she upgraded and got a new one! It works great, and we are LOVING creating fun shirts and projects!

Now, if you want to ask about the shirt presses.....let me know! I HATE ironing (I did it for a job once at a Dry Cleaners during college), and I would LOVE to have a shirt press to make the whole process easier! I'm holding out for a bit, because our iron is just fine and we are limiting our shirts for our next trip (this past trip, we were making 3-4 per person!)

This one goes up and down in price and something that a lot of the cricut groups. They claim it is one of the best to have/use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9LPUKLVH&psc=1

Neverland Scraps 12-30-2019 12:28 PM

If anyone is looking for an amazing deal on the Cameo 4, you can go over to CraftVinyl's Private Facebook Group, search "Cameo 4" looking for a post by CraftVinyl.com offering $239.00 for instructions on how to buy the black, white or pink Cameo 4. But this offer is limited and I can't guarantee it will last long.

Cameo 4 retails for $299 at places like Micheals
https://www.michaels.com/silhouette-.../10621064.html

Neverland Scraps 12-30-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrap2day (Post 1062982245)
Anyone have experience using digital kits with a Cricuit? I was thinking about putting one on my wish list (or at least partial money toward) but I have no idea if it would work with digital kits. My thought is that it would be much easier if it would automatically cut out the designs but not sure how that works with a print out. I was thinking it would be fun to do more hybrid but I can't imagine trying to cut everything out by hand. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Cameo 4 impartial review:
https://vinylcuttingmachines.net/sil...ameo-4-review/

Cricut Maker impartial review:
https://vinylcuttingmachines.net/cricut-maker-review/

bands321 12-31-2019 10:57 AM

A Cameo? ;)

Honestly, I had a Cricut a long time ago and switched to the first Cameo. I have had every version since and just love it. One of my good friends has the newest Cricut and I just think the software on the Silhouette is so much better.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either brand, there are so many groups out there that have members always willing to help. It is such a great community of people.

Neverland Scraps 12-31-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bands321 (Post 1062982928)
A Cameo? ;)

Honestly, I had a Cricut a long time ago and switched to the first Cameo. I have had every version since and just love it. One of my good friends has the newest Cricut and I just think the software on the Silhouette is so much better.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either brand, there are so many groups out there that have members always willing to help. It is such a great community of people.

The one group that I belong to is trying to convince me I need the Cameo 4 because the software is easier to use. They are saying that Cricut is doing an update on Design Space that is making a lot of computers, phones and tablets unable to use their product. That is my only concern with the Maker, if the program doesn't work, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a cutter!

bands321 12-31-2019 05:16 PM

I haven’t heard about an app update but I do not like their software. Up until very recently, you had to be online to use it. It took them quite a while to do what Silhouette has been doing all along. The basic edition software is good, but if you invest in the business edition software, it is hands down the best option out there. I can’t imagine they would make the software unusable by so many, that sounds like a rumor to me.

You can download the basic Silhouette software from their site for free to test it out. I would suggest checking both brands to see if that is an option and try them both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062982933)
The one group that I belong to is trying to convince me I need the Cameo 4 because the software is easier to use. They are saying that Cricut is doing an update on Design Space that is making a lot of computers, phones and tablets unable to use their product. That is my only concern with the Maker, if the program doesn't work, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a cutter!

scrap2day 01-24-2020 06:00 PM

I did not get one for Christmas. I really appreciate the input from everyone. I will also look at the Cameo. Thanks again!

AppleBee 02-01-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062982832)
If anyone is looking for an amazing deal on the Cameo 4, you can go over to CraftVinyl's Private Facebook Group, search "Cameo 4" looking for a post by CraftVinyl.com offering $239.00 for instructions on how to buy the black, white or pink Cameo 4. But this offer is limited and I can't guarantee it will last long.

Cameo 4 retails for $299 at places like Micheals
https://www.michaels.com/silhouette-.../10621064.html

There's no cameo 4 on this list, but there's cameo 3...
Thanks for the link, though! I thought about buying Cricut, but $299 is too good

still_c 01-25-2021 04:00 AM

Does anyone here have experience with Gemini machines (like this one)? I checked through several threads and all the discussions are around Cricut, Sizzix, and Cameo machines. I considered taking Gemini but now it seems to be a little suspicious. Any users here?

lizziej 01-29-2021 09:02 AM

I've never heard of Gemini. Right after the Cameo 4 came out, I got the Cameo 3 for $169.00 through walmart.com. I don't know anything about the newer Cricuts. The one I have is the Cricut Expression, which uses cartridges.

lorigaud 01-30-2021 09:38 AM

I had never heard of Gemini before... I started with a Cricut Explore Air and LOVE it, but recently upgraded to a Maker during the Black Friday sales. I use it a lot for my side business. :)