Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not a great start to this Tuesday (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91170)

biancka 08-06-2019 02:45 AM

Not a great start to this Tuesday

I am so bummed :( We were supposed to get our new garden furniture today so all excited ofcourse. I just got an email saying the delivery was cancelled because some of the items are damaged ! Oh man....I know there are worst things out there but I was so looking forward to enjoying our garden and being able to have a BBQ. Oh, and something else....we got an email from our son's High School that his account is going to be terminated because he's no longer registered as a student at that school............WTH ?!?!?!?!?! Fun fact....I cannot contact the school because they are closed until the new school year. How am I going to clear up this mess ??? So yeah, I so just want to go back to bed and just ignore this day alltogether. I really hope your day is going a lot better :wub:

jacinda 08-06-2019 05:55 AM

Oh no... we had a similar experience with our couch. We ordered a new couch and they said it would take 3-4 months to deliver from China. Wasn't too impressed, but said OK. Hello, almost SIX months later (with me calling them every month to check) they finally said it's arrived in country and I should have it in a few days. A few days went by and nothing. I call them and they say "Oh, 2 sections were damaged and the supplier can't replace them. We'll have to cancel your order." !!!!!!!? Sooooooooo angry.

I would ask around the community, or mothers groups about your son's school. They may know one of the administrators/school clerks you can get a hold of over the holidays. Alternatively, contact the school board or supervisor. Someone, somewhere will have a contact number for SOMEONE you can talk to surely. Best of luck!

allyanne 08-06-2019 06:36 AM

I'm sorry your day started out with frustrations, Biancka! I hope it improves for you.

Leablahblah 08-06-2019 08:19 AM

ugh! I'm so sorry!

Neverland Scraps 08-06-2019 09:02 AM

Uuugh, what a poopy Tuesday :( I'm so sorry your new furniture isn't being delivered, but hope they resend you on asap so that you can enjoy a bbq!! As far as your son's school-yikes!! What do they expect you to do to fix that? How does a new student enroll if they are closed? I hope you are able to figure it out and J has a great first day of school--whenever that may be!

biancka 08-06-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062967709)
Oh no... we had a similar experience with our couch. We ordered a new couch and they said it would take 3-4 months to deliver from China. Wasn't too impressed, but said OK. Hello, almost SIX months later (with me calling them every month to check) they finally said it's arrived in country and I should have it in a few days. A few days went by and nothing. I call them and they say "Oh, 2 sections were damaged and the supplier can't replace them. We'll have to cancel your order." !!!!!!!? Sooooooooo angry.

I would ask around the community, or mothers groups about your son's school. They may know one of the administrators/school clerks you can get a hold of over the holidays. Alternatively, contact the school board or supervisor. Someone, somewhere will have a contact number for SOMEONE you can talk to surely. Best of luck!

Oh no, 6 months later and in the end, still no couch ??? That is just the worst :( I hope you were able to find another seller and that that sale went a lot better :)

Well, after my teenage son woke up, I found out that his entire class received the same email so I guess the school was hacked and they just thought it was fun to send out this email. I do hope that they didn't unregister all those students.......it's going to be a pain to register all the students again and they need to do that before school starts again on Sept 2nd.

biancka 08-06-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062967711)
I'm sorry your day started out with frustrations, Biancka! I hope it improves for you.

It has improved for sure. Our loungeset was delivered as were our chairs but...no table. I do hope that the table will be delivered this week so we can have a BBQ in our new garden this weekend :) I know my son is really looking forward to that.

LynnZant 08-06-2019 11:41 AM

Glad your day is going a little better. Sad that the school was hacked. Hopefully, they didn't have access to your son's personal information and it's still intact.
Hope you get your table soon, too!

scrappinnewbie 08-06-2019 12:29 PM

So glad to read the day is getting better. Hugs to getting all the loose ends resolved on both issues.

craftytam 08-08-2019 01:28 PM

I'm so sorry, Biancka! :crying: I know you were really looking forward to your garden being done. I hope you're able to find a quick solution!

cherrygutz 08-08-2019 08:53 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you're having this...

icindi 08-08-2019 09:13 PM

Glad most of the furniture made it there - hoping the table comes quickly!

Now that you know your son is not dis-enrolled, it's kind of funny that they sent that out! I shouldn't encourage hackers, but I had to chuckle!!

My son fixed my computer today. Apparently I had a virus that was affecting my internet. I was ready to pull my hair out. So thankful he could help! Macs don't get viruses often, so that never occurred to me!

immaculeah 08-08-2019 10:45 PM

Good to hear your day got a little better. Best of luck on that table!
School issues are no fun. Hope everything will be squared away before school starts.

bcgal00 08-09-2019 12:25 PM

Is it something in the air this week? Crazy things happening to lots of us. I'm glad you got most of the furniture and that the hacker email isn't too troublesome to sort out.