Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Plans today? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92256)

bcgal00 03-08-2020 07:46 PM

Plans today?

I was so excited (but tired) to head out this morning to my GS's to meet up with him and his baby-mama-to-be for some maternity pics. She is due in a few weeks. We headed out to the lake for over an hour. It was cold but mostly dry, there was a bit of rain towards the end but just a misty wet rain but it was our cue to head back from the pier and let little mama get her coat on and warm up. I'm going to have so much fun scrapping these photos and then in a few wks there will be a new baby to photograph. I can't wait!

Then we headed off to spend the afternoon with Bailey and we took Taz out for a walk so I got a few shots of them walking and running down the street. Whew, I'm home now, I'm going to edit some maternity photos now and will post one here if you want to take a peek at them, they are adorable! I'll be back with a pic soon.

Looking forward to TV binging tonight and...I can't believe I'm saying this....but I think I'm too tired to scrap today. That almost never happens :)

What about you, how did you spend the day????

JillW 03-08-2020 08:08 PM

Sounds like it was a fun day Rae! I can't wait to see your photos!

I slept in today -it was glorious! We went to our favorite restaurant for lunch - it's about an hour from our home. After that we went to a small mall - hubs went to Dunham's Sports and I shopped @ Bath and Body Works. Came home and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. The snow is gone and birds are chirping - it was around 60 degrees today, so we opened the windows - it was heavenly!!

icindi 03-08-2020 08:29 PM

YES, please post pics Rae!

Went to church, 2 grocery stores and got my car washed since it was warm here. Then laundry, cooked for my sons' friends and just sat down with my computer. Looking forward to some scrapping tonight!

ellasspace 03-08-2020 08:32 PM

It was beautiful out here today, I spent some time outside and scrapped a bit too. I basically spend the day relaxing like I try to do most Sundays.

laurabobaura 03-08-2020 08:47 PM

I worked all day until about 2 hours ago, and it was somewhat of a stressful day. Glad to be off of work for the next two days to recharge xo

rdjrneace 03-08-2020 08:53 PM

We went to soccer for grandson, Lowes to try and find hardware for our storm door (handle broke). No hardware so we have to order online.

Out to eat for lunch, home for a few hours and then to the local park for walk with dogs. It was crowded and the new pup is still learning not to bark at any & everything so it was a little stressful.

Back home, fixed supper and then bath day for the dogs. I did get some scrapping and resting in between everything I did.

joelsgirl 03-08-2020 08:56 PM

We go to church on Saturday nights, So Sundays are for sleeping in and doing nothing. We went to see on word, which was super cute, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking, which is totally not my favorite, and watching Agatha Christie’s Marvel series on the iPad. I tried to Scrapbook, but I just was too lazy even for that.

bcgal00 03-08-2020 09:01 PM

It's been a long time since I shot a maternity session and this one today was extra special b/c its a family member. Aren't they adorable together?

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-...gxbh5P7-X3.jpg

laurabobaura 03-08-2020 09:04 PM

very cute, rae!

carrie1977 03-08-2020 09:28 PM

So sweet, Rae!

I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning. I cleared out a bunch of junk from my bathroom cabinets so that I could clear off the counters with the stuff I use daily. It was time to just get rid of a bunch of stuff I wasn't using. It's so nice to have clear counter space.

I also did laundry. I do most of our laundry on Sunday. I still end up doing a few loads during the week, too, since I go to the gym every day I don't like my sweaty clothes just hanging out in the hamper for too long.

Dalis 03-08-2020 09:56 PM

The pics turned out so cute! I wanted to do so much today, but my migraine has been on fire since Saturday night. So just a bit of ice cream with B!

craftytam 03-08-2020 10:14 PM

Adorable photo, Rae!!

I started unpacking our kitchen. Then had sushi for lunch with Hubs. Went to Home Depot for accent tile for our shower. Came home, and the power went out (someone hit a power pole). I unpacked until it got dark, and now we're sitting in the dark with 1 flashlight illuminating the room, hoping our phones don't die [emoji23] I can't find my portable chargers... They're in a box somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SeattleSheri 03-08-2020 10:37 PM

What a handsome couple!

I didn't leave the house today. I spent a few hours cleaning so I can cancel the cleaning service this week. I know I'm probably overreacting, but given that I'm in the epicenter of the US Coronavirus, I don't feel comfortable having anyone in my house. I care for my mom in her mid 80's, so I'm trying to be extra cautious.

bcgal00 03-08-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062994862)
What a handsome couple!

I didn't leave the house today. I spent a few hours cleaning so I can cancel the cleaning service this week. I know I'm probably overreacting, but given that I'm in the epicenter of the US Coronavirus, I don't feel comfortable having anyone in my house. I care for my mom in her mid 80's, so I'm trying to be extra cautious.

I don't blame you, better to be safe than sorry.

bcgal00 03-09-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062994859)
Adorable photo, Rae!!

I started unpacking our kitchen. Then had sushi for lunch with Hubs. Went to Home Depot for accent tile for our shower. Came home, and the power went out (someone hit a power pole). I unpacked until it got dark, and now we're sitting in the dark with 1 flashlight illuminating the room, hoping our phones don't die [emoji23] I can't find my portable chargers... They're in a box somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hope your power comes on soon. You might end up going to bed early from boredom :) Silver lining LOL.

bcgal00 03-09-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalis (Post 1062994854)
The pics turned out so cute! I wanted to do so much today, but my migraine has been on fire since Saturday night. So just a bit of ice cream with B!

Ugh...poor Dalis. I sure hope you feel better soon.

AmieN1 03-09-2020 12:26 AM

Awe- they are adorable!

We were supposed to be in Seattle at my daughter's volleyball tournament, but it got cancelled due to the corona virus- so we had a VERY free weekend. Those don't come easily these days! The kids played outside, I washed ALL the bedding (even comforters!) I got some scrapping done too! We have super busy next week/weekend, so it's nice to lay low for a few days!

MandaT 03-09-2020 01:12 AM

Super cute photo!! Trying to restart my photography business after 3 years of not working on it at all. Seeing gorgeous photos makes me want to push harder.

Today was a lazy day, Hubs is still on day shift, so he worked, which left me home to do whatever. My girls were home and they were lazy all day, painting and playing playstation. My son went home with my step-sons last night and they rode dirt bikes all day.

I did some laundry/cleaned, did some sewing (made the dogs beds) and some scrapping, made a potato salad, made reservations for a night stay over at the coast next weekend and just relaxed a bit. Last night we did legs at the gym...waddle while you walk anyone?!?

bcgal00 03-09-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandaT (Post 1062994892)
Super cute photo!! Trying to restart my photography business after 3 years of not working on it at all. Seeing gorgeous photos makes me want to push harder.

Today was a lazy day, Hubs is still on day shift, so he worked, which left me home to do whatever. My girls were home and they were lazy all day, painting and playing playstation. My son went home with my step-sons last night and they rode dirt bikes all day.

I did some laundry/cleaned, did some sewing (made the dogs beds) and some scrapping, made a potato salad, made reservations for a night stay over at the coast next weekend and just relaxed a bit. Last night we did legs at the gym...waddle while you walk anyone?!?

Good luck restarting your photog biz.

knittingbec 03-09-2020 01:39 AM

Beautiful picture! And I'm sure the next photo session will be even more exciting for you!

We had a pretty busy Sunday. We had brunch across the street with friends/coworkers. Then our piano teacher arranged a recital for her American students (us & 1 other family). Took my daughter downstairs for a playdate with our neighbor. Then we went to a casual embassy party. Several families 'evacuated' yesterday (covid concerns...we're still deciding), so they're trying to keep morale up by having our community come together more.

Today we have the day off work/school for International Women's Day. My husband took my son golfing & my daughter & I are here. Maybe she'll do some coloring so I can scrapbook.

biancka 03-09-2020 03:44 AM

We had a really lovely and relaxed morning. Around 2 pm we all got ready to go out to dinner with family & friends because on March 16th, it's my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely time and the food was wonderful. When we got home, back into our pyjamas and my husband watched soccer and I spend some time behind my laptop before going to bed :)

LynnZant 03-09-2020 06:47 AM

Super sweet photo, Rae! You are quite the photographer!

I did shopping with my girls and then we met my hubby for dinner. The weather was awesome and no place was too crowded.

Dalis 03-09-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062994907)
Super sweet photo, Rae! You are quite the photographer!

I did shopping with my girls and then we met my hubby for dinner. The weather was awesome and no place was too crowded.

You see hubby called me from a little downtown we were going to meet for lunch to tell me it was TERRIBLY crowded. He knows I don't do good with too much people.

StacyLynn 03-09-2020 08:21 AM

Such a cute pic!!!

I was a bum yesterday (Sunday).... still have a bit of a cold and we were still exhausted from the whole Gym Night thing...

One of our college girls is home, so we did go out to dinner with her.

Saturday, I drove an hour to watch a play, Annie, that 4 of my past students were in... one is now in 11th grade..... my heart just totally swelled. He had no idea I was coming, when he saw me his whole face lit up and he said, " oh my goodness my preschool teacher Mrs Camillo came to see me!!! I had no idea you were coming!!!" He was Daddy Warbucks and did fabulous!! His momma knew I was trying to make it. I am still really good friends with a few of the moms and they all knew I was trying to make it, and the kiddos did not. :)