Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is the $50 for $25 sale over? please say its not over? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79827)

ayaandjudah 12-27-2014 09:07 AM

Is the $50 for $25 sale over? please say its not over?

I thought it was until 12/28

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

mariewilcox 12-27-2014 09:28 AM

I think it was just the one day :(

ayaandjudah 12-27-2014 09:33 AM

Darn. Oh well. Guess I'm not back to scrapping. I lost every single kit I had (and there were thousands) in a hard drive crash.

mariewilcox 12-27-2014 10:33 AM

Oh that is heartbreaking!!! I've been backing all mine up to an EHD that I just got because my computer is about to die and I'm waiting for my new one to get here - I can't even imagine :crying:

rach3975 12-27-2014 07:41 PM

Oh, no--so sorry you lost them all! Would it be worth contacting stores and asking them to reset download links for you? Even though they probably won't do them all, maybe they can do a few of your more recent purchases. Also, if you kept store emails that included download links, check and see if any of those are still active. I tried to re-download an alpha through one of those emails about 6 months after purchasing something, and the link still worked. Good luck!

Robin Carlton 12-27-2014 07:50 PM

Our emailed download keys expire after 5 days, but you should be able to access a lot of your purchases through your order history once you're logged into the shoppe. It wont include everything, especially items which are retired, but you should be able to snag quite a few purchases that way here at SSD.

Nikki Epperson 12-27-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1062721145)
Our emailed download keys expire after 5 days, but you should be able to access a lot of your purchases through your order history once you're logged into the shoppe. It wont include everything, especially items which are retired, but you should be able to snag quite a few purchases that way here at SSD.

I did this when I got my new laptop. It was AWESOME to recover so much!

MommaTrish 12-27-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Yes! When my first laptop died Sweet Shoppe was one of the few places that I was able to get my stuff I lost back from.

rach3975 12-27-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

but you should be able to access a lot of your purchases through your order history once you're logged into the shoppe. It wont include everything, especially items which are retired, but you should be able to snag quite a few purchases that way here at SSD.

That's great to know, thanks! (I'm a little paranoid about crashes even with 2 forms of backup, LOL.)

ayaandjudah 12-28-2014 11:10 AM

OMG THANK YOU! I didn't even try because I saw the disclaimer on the first page saying that the links can't be reset.

I will go try to get some of my orders back. Honestly at this point, I'll be happy with any of it.

And I did back up on an EHD. The story goes that my daughter spilled a glass of water into my Mac Book Pro. I got a new computer and went to restore my stuff from the EHD and somehow I clicked to reformat and it wiped everything clean. My husband was furious (as he should have been).

Gemma 12-28-2014 11:48 AM

I dropped an ehd once and lost all kits saved on it, I managed to recover most by going back through my order history and redownloading them. Then I went elsewhere and they wouldn't even let me pay to reset a few links. That's why ssd is the best :D

wvasweetness 12-28-2014 10:09 PM

This is one reason that SSD is the best!! There are several other shops that will reset for a fee or a "donation."

lovely1m 01-01-2015 12:59 AM

I missed the sale, too, Alisa. I got busy and forgot to come back. Hope you recover some!