Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome to the World Bean! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90792)

karlimarie 05-11-2019 04:24 PM

Welcome to the World Bean!

I'm so sad I missed all the NSD festivities! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Things have been super crazy around here adjusting to life as a family of four and house hunting at the same time... but I wanted to take a second and let you know that Bean aka Dante was born last Thursday and is thriving. My recovery has taken a little longer than anticipated, but I'm finally feeling human again. Anyway, there are plenty more baby photos to come when I have the time to start scrapping again, but in the mean time... here are a couple to tide you over!! :wub::wub::wub:

https://i.imgur.com/sTLKWcqm.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Q3e9cGem.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3lCm6iTm.jpg https://i.imgur.com/IWUxOG0m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QZiIjHLm.jpg https://i.imgur.com/1Ukkp7Nm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/G27P8hFm.jpg https://i.imgur.com/hX9RhJAm.jpg

angels 05-11-2019 04:46 PM

he's cute :) congratulations!!

AmieN1 05-11-2019 04:47 PM

SO Sweet! Congrats!

Neverland Scraps 05-11-2019 04:50 PM

Awww, welcome to the world little bean!!!! Congratulations to you and your family. So glad to hear you are healing well. Praying that you'll continue your healing and find your new mama groove once again! :wub:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDW5W...ZMPw/giphy.gif

KingsQueen82 05-11-2019 04:57 PM

*I do not want a baby* *I do not want a baby* and repeat *I do not want a baby* *I do not want a baby*

Lol, he's so adorable (those squishy cheeks and big baby yawns!) he's giving me baby fever! Congratulations to you and your family! Looks like big brother is already smitten!

3BluEyedBabi 05-11-2019 06:42 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

craftytam 05-11-2019 07:07 PM

Congratulations, Karli-Marie!! He is absolutely precious!!!

craftytam 05-11-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 (Post 1062960030)
*I do not want a baby* *I do not want a baby* and repeat *I do not want a baby* *I do not want a baby*

ROFL!! I'm waaaaaaayyyyyyy past the baby phase, but I had a nightmare the other night that I was preggers. YIKES! Medical miracle time! :p

icindi 05-11-2019 07:46 PM

Thanks for sharing pics Karli - he's beautiful! And you have a beautiful family!

mrsashbaugh 05-11-2019 08:31 PM

Congratulations! He is soooo adorable! Super sweet pics and I'm glad you all are doing well!

bcgal00 05-11-2019 08:49 PM

Omgoodness....he is just so precious! Love all the pics!

cherrygutz 05-11-2019 08:57 PM

Look at you! Congratulations!!

KingsQueen82 05-11-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062960037)
ROFL!! I'm waaaaaaayyyyyyy past the baby phase, but I had a nightmare the other night that I was preggers. YIKES! Medical miracle time! :p

Haha yes I am past my baby days too -- well not that I'm not physically capable but it's kinda hard when your other half isn't. Hehehe...we had the hubs snipped after Aubrey so we didn't have any oopses and stuck to our 2 kid plan!

The funny thing is that I'm the exact age (37) my mom was when she became a grandma for the first time! Now that's something I can't imagine!

craftytam 05-11-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 (Post 1062960046)
Haha yes I am past my baby days too -- well not that I'm not physically capable but it's kinda hard when your other half isn't. Hehehe...we had the hubs snipped after Aubrey so we didn't have any oopses and stuck to our 2 kid plan!

The funny thing is that I'm the exact age (37) my mom was when she became a grandma for the first time! Now that's something I can't imagine!

Yes, David was snipped & I'm post-menopausal, so not happening.

I was 35 when Connor was born... I'm quite a bit older than a lot of his friend's moms.

My mom was 40 when she became a grandma. LOL! My oldest was 13 when I was 40!! :p

carrie1977 05-11-2019 10:30 PM

Oh, Karli...he is just precious! Congratulations!

carrie1977 05-11-2019 10:31 PM

My mom was 47 when she had her last child. I was 24 when he was born. I watched my mom give birth. LOL! My baby brother graduates from high school this year and has plans to enter the fire academy here.

jacinda 05-12-2019 01:30 AM

How gorgeous. Congratulations!

knittingbec 05-12-2019 01:41 AM

Congratulations! Precious!

joelsgirl 05-12-2019 02:07 AM

He's beautiful! Congrats!

Saar 05-12-2019 04:12 AM

Oh what a beautiful baby. Congratulations to you and your family.

Kiana 05-12-2019 08:19 AM

Oh my so precious. Congrats!!!!

kristalund 05-12-2019 08:55 AM

Congratulations! He is adorable!
When my daughter was born 11.5 years ago, her nickname was Bean.

nietis 05-12-2019 09:19 AM

OH my! All the adorableness here!
Congratulations, Karli-Marie! Dante is a lovely name and he is so cute!

nietis 05-12-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062960037)

I had a dream a few nights ago, where I was in an obgyn appointment with my mom. The doc told me that, I have a boy, I am ready to pop any time I want the C-Section and that I should try to not gain any more weight, coz I am way over.
I was so mad that I told my mom I want a different obgyn that will let me to give birth naturally, as soon as we got out of the door.
That was a scary dream :huh:

Scrap-therapy 05-12-2019 10:08 AM

https://s1.static-footeo.com/uploads...-1__p89kha.jpg
He is just so cute! Welcome to the world Dante!:wub:

Leablahblah 05-12-2019 10:58 AM

aww congrats! He's so precious!!

aussiegirl 05-13-2019 09:29 AM

Congratulations! He's adorable!!

karlimarie 05-13-2019 12:00 PM

Thanks everyone!!

craftytam 05-13-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062960052)
My mom was 47 when she had her last child. I was 24 when he was born. I watched my mom give birth. LOL! My baby brother graduates from high school this year and has plans to enter the fire academy here.

Wow, Carrie!! I could not even imagine having a baby at 47. My last was at 35 and I'm the oldest mom among his friends! My youngest is graduating HS at the end of the month, too. Congrats to your brother!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062960074)
I had a dream a few nights ago, where I was in an obgyn appointment with my mom. The doc told me that, I have a boy, I am ready to pop any time I want the C-Section and that I should try to not gain any more weight, coz I am way over.
I was so mad that I told my mom I want a different obgyn that will let me to give birth naturally, as soon as we got out of the door.
That was a scary dream :huh:

LOL!! I think our subconscious is working on us, Sherly!! :D

craftytam 05-13-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062960159)
Thanks everyone!!

How are you feeling, Karli-Marie? Have you been able to rest?

SeattleSheri 05-15-2019 11:35 PM

Congrats KM! I've been loving your photos on FB! ... and totally missed this thread! I'm so happy for your family!

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062960160)
Wow, Carrie!! I could not even imagine having a baby at 47. My last was at 35 and I'm the oldest mom among his friends! My youngest is graduating HS at the end of the month, too. Congrats to your brother!!

My mom had me just months before turning 40 and I had my last at 43! It took me 10 years to convince my hubby that 3 was the magic number. I'm on the older end, but the area I live doesn't have many young mothers and I frequently see other parents my age (or close enough where it doesn't seem like a huge age gap). Most of my friends didn't start their families until after 35 and many even waited until they were in their 40's.

Ponytails 05-15-2019 11:50 PM

How precious! Congratulations!!!

lingovise 05-16-2019 06:41 AM

So sweet! Congratulations!! I hope babe is settling in & that you’re able get some sleep.

lingovise 05-16-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062960419)
My mom had me just months before turning 40 and I had my last at 43! It took me 10 years to convince my hubby that 3 was the magic number. I'm on the older end, but the area I live doesn't have many young mothers and I frequently see other parents my age (or close enough where it doesn't seem like a huge age gap). Most of my friends didn't start their families until after 35 and many even waited until they were in their 40's.

I was 39 when I had my youngest. I’m def on the older side of the parents where we currently live, but couldn’t care less 💖

craftytam 05-16-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062960419)
Congrats KM! I've been loving your photos on FB! ... and totally missed this thread! I'm so happy for your family!

I have several friends who started having kids later in life.
My mom was a super young mom (she had me at 18). She was always younger than all the other moms.

monia13 05-16-2019 12:58 PM

Congrats! He is adorable!

carrie1977 05-16-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062960160)

Right?! I can't imagine that either. She loves being a mom. She has seven children and always wanted eight so she almost made it there. LOL!

craftytam 05-16-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062960532)
Right?! I can't imagine that either. She loves being a mom. She has seven children and always wanted eight so she almost made it there. LOL!

I admire people who can raise that many kids! I could barely raise my 3! LOL! :blink:

karlimarie 05-16-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062960161)
How are you feeling, Karli-Marie? Have you been able to rest?

Well, things were going pretty well for almost two weeks and then Bean spiked a fever and we ended up in the ER. They admitted us to the hospital and ran a ton of tests. It was absolutely the hardest couple days of my life :crying: My sweet boy was so brave and I take solace that he'll never remember what he had to go through. I'm not a cryer, but I am still super hormonal and I seriously cried for like 12 hours straight.

He has a UTI which likely caused the fever, and we have to follow up with a urologist for a possible urinary reflux issue that is fairly common, but can lead to kidney issues.

Thankfully we're home now and can start settling back into a routine.

SeattleSheri 05-16-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062960548)
Well, things were going pretty well for almost two weeks and then Bean spiked a fever and we ended up in the ER. They admitted us to the hospital and ran a ton of tests. It was absolutely the hardest couple days of my life :crying: My sweet boy was so brave and I take solace that he'll never remember what he had to go through. I'm not a cryer, but I am still super hormonal and I seriously cried for like 12 hours straight.

He has a UTI which likely caused the fever, and we have to follow up with a urologist for a possible urinary reflux issue that is fairly common, but can lead to kidney issues.

Big hugs! That is so hard! I'm so glad they found the likely cause and it's something that is treatable! My middle guy had a fever when he was a month old and was hospitalized for a week, so I know exactly what it feels like. So terrible! I hope everything goes well with his urology follow up! :wub:

karlimarie 05-16-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062960551)
Big hugs! That is so hard! I'm so glad they found the likely cause and it's something that is treatable! My middle guy had a fever when he was a month old and was hospitalized for a week, so I know exactly what it feels like. So terrible! I hope everything goes well with his urology follow up! :wub:

Thanks Sheri! I'm so sorry you had to go through that as well :wub:, truly heartbreaking.

craftytam 05-16-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062960548)

Poor little guy and poor mama!!! :wub: I'm sorry you've gone through this. I hope that the urologist finds that it's something very easily treated and will not lead to anything else.
Thinkings about you & praying for you {{big hugs!!}}

kim21673 05-16-2019 11:23 PM

So sweet! Congratulations!!

LynnZant 05-17-2019 07:23 AM

Beautiful family! Congrats!
Glad you are all home and doing better. Hope your little one gets over the infection soon.

wendyp 05-17-2019 08:40 AM

OMG he is soo super cute! Congratulations!!

craftytam 05-29-2019 09:58 PM

How are you doing, Karli-Marie?

icindi 05-31-2019 08:06 AM

Hugs! Sick kids in the hospital are really tough on Mom. Hope you’re both recovering now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlimarie 06-02-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062961662)
How are you doing, Karli-Marie?

We're doing much better! Thanks for asking :wub:

On Thursday we had one last procedure done... it was no fun, but now we have an answer and a clean bill of health. :thumbup:

I actually think the entire experience was harder on me than it was on him. He's so strong and resilient. I am so happy that we can put this behind us.

craftytam 06-02-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062961939)
We're doing much better! Thanks for asking :wub:

On Thursday we had one last procedure done... it was no fun, but now we have an answer and a clean bill of health. :thumbup:

I actually think the entire experience was harder on me than it was on him. He's so strong and resilient. I am so happy that we can put this behind us.

I'm so glad you're all doing much better!! :wub: I think in some ways, it is harder on us as moms. At least he won't remember it!