Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank you for the love (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91356)

zoebearsmom 09-16-2019 02:51 AM

Thank you for the love

I just want to say thank you to all who left me beautiful comments to come home to on my layouts.

I recently had to rush from Australia to the UK to be with my husband's family - his father only has a few weeks left to live as far as we know.

I am really terrible at finding time to leave love because when I am not flying across the world, I am studying a part-time Psychology degree or hanging out with my kiddo. I have been making myself find time to do something I enjoy (scrappin' of course) because I was in a crappy rut doing nothing for 'myself.' But it means I am pretty slack at getting into the forums and reciprocating the love. I promise I will try to be better - especially when I've finished my degree LOL.

Cheers,
Ashly

joelsgirl 09-16-2019 05:11 AM

I'm so sorry about your husband's father. We were living abroad while my mother in law battled ovarian cancer, and it's so hard to be away from family during a time of loss. What a gift that you were able to go back and say goodbye.

You make beautiful pages, and I'm glad that you felt the love.

Saar 09-16-2019 06:30 AM

I'm so sorry to read about your father in law. I hope you 'enjoy' all the time that you have left with him.
We're here for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on. :wub:

Kiana 09-16-2019 06:47 AM

Sorry about your father in law. Sending you and your family positive thoughts.

Neverland Scraps 09-16-2019 09:15 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I'll be keeping him and your family in my prayer journal. I hope you are able to make the most of his final days, cherishing the moments and making memories.

My daughter is currently pursuing her psychology degree as well! She has almost two years done and has another two before she goes on for her Masters. She just found out, in order for her to move to the state she wishes to call home, she also has to have her Doctorate. She told me "this wasn't part of the plan and now instead of six more years of school, I have eight!" :blink: I hope you get your degree a lot quicker than she does. I completely understand the struggle of juggling school, kids and life. I'm so glad you have this hobby and an outlet for you to have some "me time".

I have to admit, I've been horrible this past month leaving comments in the gallery. I'll try harder as well and I'll hit your gallery first as I saw with a quick glance, there are so many beautiful layouts in there!! Lots of layouts to be inspired by and I can't wait to leave you some love in there.

bcgal00 09-16-2019 11:28 AM

Such a stressful, sad time so hope that scrapping and hanging out here perks you up and takes you mind off things, when you get the chance to.

craftytam 09-16-2019 03:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Ashly. Sending big hugs to you!
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I hope scrapping gives you some time to decompress. :wub:

nietis 09-17-2019 02:39 AM

Hugs! So sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Ashly.