Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   little boys and suits (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61733)

*Celeste* 03-04-2012 11:35 AM

little boys and suits

i have to take sam (age 8) shopping for a suit for first communion. we went to the mall yesterday and of course lord & taylor and macy's the suits were $200. for a suit he'll wear once. ugh. i tried jc penney but they didn't have any selection in terms of sizes. who else carries suits? i've never gone to a consignment shop for kids clothes. do they typically have suits? there are a couple in town. i just feel like buying him a suit is throwing money down the drain YKWIM? ugh.

NeverendingJen 03-04-2012 11:48 AM

have you looked at somewhere like mens wearhouse to see if you can rent a suit for the day? They might have that option

MamaBee 03-04-2012 11:59 AM

Do you have a kohl's? I've seen suits there, not sure if this season yet... otherwise at consignment is a good option - my son wears suit or shirt/vest to church every Sunday... it's hard - and oh so expensive - to come by, I can relate!

Otherwise Jack and Jane has suits... Burlington, is another place I've found dress clothes for my kiddo.

YepBrook 03-04-2012 12:10 PM

Once you figure out his suit size, try searching on Ebay. I searched and there seemed to be a ton on there at great prices. :)

*Celeste* 03-04-2012 12:10 PM

i didn't think of kohl's - we don't shop there much. and burlington is right down the street!

farrijc 03-04-2012 12:12 PM

I think jcpenney's might carry them, too.

Sarah8914 03-04-2012 12:22 PM

We were just at Ross and they actually had some random ones (probably for easter?). It's hit or miss with Ross though. But I'm sure it would be much much cheaper!

SeattleSheri 03-04-2012 12:31 PM

It sounds like JCP is just be out of stock at the moment, I've seen a decent select there before. I would check their website. I would also look on Amazon or at Target too. Good luck!

jessica31876 03-04-2012 12:56 PM

Id check Burlington as well. They have pretty decent prices. Also Ebay because like you said they are not something they wear often so you can probably get a really nice suit for little $$

kristijoy 03-04-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 947423)
It sounds like JCP is just be out of stock at the moment, I've seen a decent select there before. I would check their website. I would also look on Amazon or at Target too. Good luck!

I'm sure lots of people buy suits for little boys for Easter. I suspect that's why their stock is low.

I saw suits at Kmart in the boys section a couple weeks ago. That might be an option too?

Milmomma 03-04-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverendingJen (Post 947401)
have you looked at somewhere like mens wearhouse to see if you can rent a suit for the day? They might have that option

This is what we do :) I don't like paying up the butt for a one time wear thing. :)

maryinaz 03-04-2012 07:30 PM

Are they required to wear suits? All four of my boys made their First Communion in shirts and ties (and pants). Most of the boys had that on - only 1 or 2 had on suits. But AZ is typically more casual.

First Communions were some of the only times that I was sad I didn't have a girl to dress up in a white dress and veil. :(

Anyway, I'm no help and good luck. :)

alabau 03-04-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryinaz (Post 947573)
All four of my boys made their First Communion in shirts and ties (and pants).

LOL - thanks for clarifying that they had pants.. ;) It's generally not my first choice for clothing purchases, but I think WalMart has suits - maybe $40-50 once you get the pants and jacket.. It's been a struggle to get DS to even wear a tie to church, so I haven't even broached the suit thing yet... that and he's still just growing SO fast!

*Celeste* 03-04-2012 09:25 PM

they are required to wear suits or a jacket with khaki colored dress pants. white shirt, tie.
dress shoes.

aggiefamily 03-04-2012 09:37 PM

One of mine was in a wedding and it was cheaper to buy a tux than rent.

http://buy.alsformalwear.com/index.p...t&cPath=68_106