Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Memorial Day (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72905)

NatalieKW 05-27-2013 09:53 AM

Happy Memorial Day

In the states, we are celebrating Memorial Day. I'm more than ecstatic about this since this means a three day weekend. Since my husband started a new job in Houston (four hours away) seven weeks ago, we barely see him...but he's still here with us since he has the day off! :wub: We are trying to finish up more house projects and our family is going to get together for a BBQ picnic at a park for lunch.

So, what are you doing??

Nettio 05-27-2013 10:04 AM

We're going to the Rockies vs Astros game. Should be fun!

taracotta7 05-27-2013 10:11 AM

I am looking forward to a day of NOTHING. It will be Pj's and relaxing around here for me and the boys. My husband is still our working the tornado cleanup so we will see him after dinner.

Lyd 05-27-2013 11:14 AM

MIL and FIL are coming to eat with us, and I'll take Sean with me to visit my aunt's grave. Pretty relaxing day for us . . . just the way I like it.

pewtertm 05-27-2013 12:07 PM

So far we've taken the dog for a walk at the lake and taken a baby bluebird to a friend who rehabilitates animals. He ate a few worms and got some water and seemed much happier by the time we left her house.

We're planning to grill some chicken and burgers later, and then we'll probably hit the park this evening.

MamaBee 05-27-2013 12:23 PM

Kiddo and I went to the Memorial Day parade and we were going to do a picnic, but it's cold and it wants to rain... so, the picnic was moved in door. Hubby is working radio until 2, so we'll probably grill out some chicken and corn on the cob...

marlathrall 05-27-2013 12:28 PM

I'm went to the lake yesterday for a day trip, so I'm exhausted and sunburned today! I've been resting and working on my Project Life pages today... :) Think I we may grill some burgers later maybe? Colby is planting corn but I'm expecting him home about eight-ish tonight?

Kara 05-27-2013 01:23 PM

I'm sitting at the hospital with Timothy. He had some pretty major surgery Friday but is doing well and should be home in a few days!

YepBrook 05-27-2013 03:53 PM

So far... lazy morning, cooking chicken borscht with DH, drawing, swimming at the pool, now Grace is coloring and the guys are playing RISK while I catch up on computer stuff. Later we will eat the borscht for dinner and go get ice cream. Then, hopefully the kids will be up for snuggling on the couch and watching a movie together. :)

eranslow 05-27-2013 05:50 PM

Let's see - a pretty casual/lazy-ish day for us. We all cleaned this morning. Did some laundry. Sun came out this afternoon so worked a bit outside - dh and Blake are still out there. DH is going to mow. Landon is taking a long nap - need to wake him up soon. Going to grill for dinner and then relax. We've both been off since Wednesday working on house projects so it's nice to have a day of nothing.

lorigaud 05-27-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx-nana-scraps (Post 1128143)
Our daughter, hubby, and girls will be here for a BBQ. Bailey & Kendall are hoping to swim, but the pool is only at 78 degrees and no sun. Maybe later it will warm up for them.
Everyone have a safe and fun Memorial Day!

I had to laugh at this.... my niece and her family hosted a BBQ today (after I worked 6-9am and took the boys to march in our local parade) and the kids all went swimming.... the pool was 62°! They were crazy, but they had a blast! Today was our first sunny day in about a week... perfect timing! :)

jk703 05-27-2013 10:20 PM

We relaxed with friends.... I just wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow!
DS's and I spoke and talked about the importance of the day.... we didn't get to our Memorial Day parade this year - I had the timing wrong! (Ugh!)

~Jenn

lovely1m 05-28-2013 09:48 PM

We went to a ceremony at the Veteran's Cemetery to remember the real reason for the holiday. Then we spent some time with family.