Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pinterest (cleaning up your feed) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76588)

kristijoy 03-13-2014 12:25 AM

Pinterest (cleaning up your feed)

Speaking of pinterest...

Have any of you spent time to clean up your feed? Seems like my feed is now cluttered with stuff I don't really want to see (like preschool stuff - my kid is in 1st grade).

I need to desperately go in an unfollow a bunch of stuff, because I'm finding a don't want to go up and look anymore, unless I'm doing a specific search....:crying:

maryinaz 03-13-2014 12:51 AM

I unfollow on a regular basis. Either the person or the board. I hate a cluttered Pinterest feed.

Penny Springmann 03-13-2014 08:29 AM

Yes! I clean it up almost every time I visit.

MamaBee 03-13-2014 08:31 AM

Oh, I know... here too!! I use the app more than the computer, so I find it harder to clean up and unfollow while on the phone vs. the computer... but it needs to be done - I'm not into nail art or the preschool stuff, either...

Part of me wants to just start over... haha... my boards have gotten out of control.

Shawna Clingerman 03-13-2014 08:54 AM

I'm constantly un-following food related boards because I'm so not a foodie type person LOL - I mean, I love to eat, but not when I have to make it and not when it is is filling my pinterest feed making me hungry! LOL

I love that you can un-follow specific boards - so helpful because so many pinners I love are all chef-y LOL

Darcy Baldwin 03-13-2014 09:05 AM

I'm just particularly bugged by the 'related pin' thing. It's like facebook - if I wanted it, I would've followed it :D

But yes, I clean up often because my interests have changed over time.

carrie1977 03-13-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawna Clingerman (Post 1062652649)
I'm constantly un-following food related boards because I'm so not a foodie type person LOL - I mean, I love to eat, but not when I have to make it and not when it is is filling my pinterest feed making me hungry! LOL

I love that you can un-follow specific boards - so helpful because so many pinners I love are all chef-y LOL

You are talkin' about me, huh?! :p

krystalhartley 03-13-2014 10:15 AM

It's a frequent thing for me, too.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17...ps9517c366.jpg

Stacey42 03-13-2014 10:55 AM

I unfollow something every time I am on it. LIttle girl's birthday parties, easter crafts, wedding plans, kitchen remodels... they don't interest me.

It's the problem of following a person instead of a board. If you follow the person then you get all their new boards. If you just follow specific boards of theirs you only get those boards. I used to follow people but now I go through their boards and just follow the ones I want & if they create a steampunk board I don't see it, which means I miss out on what might be an excellent steampunk board but it also means I don't have to unfollow their newborn photo shoot & Chihuahua love boards. :)

SweetMelissa 03-13-2014 11:43 AM

I need to unfollow a lot of boards on there and I've slowly been doing it.

coopert 03-13-2014 12:41 PM

I have had to do that recently with people who pin lots and lots and lots of stuff at one time. If I have a subject that I am pinning 10 or more things at a sitting, I usually make a secret board. I don't like to bog down other peoples feeds with 20 or 30 of my pins at one time, probably because I don't like it when my feed is covered in one person's pins.

kristijoy 03-13-2014 09:18 PM

Awesome!!! I'm going to do some cleaning up tonight! :thumbup:

mariewilcox 03-14-2014 05:49 AM

I'm always unfollowing boards and making new boards, reorganizing how I have things categorized, etc. It's a sickness :D

julifish 03-14-2014 08:40 AM

I need to reorganize my boards this weekend and then unfollow all you foodie people and find some low carb foodie people to follow instead.

kristijoy 03-15-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julifish (Post 1062652880)
I need to reorganize my boards this weekend and then unfollow all you foodie people and find some low carb foodie people to follow instead.

:thumbup:

GrahamLikeTheCracker 03-17-2014 05:42 PM

I am constantly deleting boards and people. For a while I was trying to win a Silhouette Cameo, and so I entered a butt dozen of blog giveaways where you had to follow them here, follow them there, to get extra entries.... So yes, my Pinterest feed got crazy and so now I delete like mad to try to keep it streamlined.