Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did it ever happen... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92795)

wendyp 06-18-2020 04:13 PM

Did it ever happen...

to you that there was a moment you told something to someone, and the next moment it happens...

Monday we had dinner together as a family and we were talking together with the subject that all 5 of us never had broken a bone or had an accident or anything. Well 2 days later Dario decided to jump over a ditch same with some classmates they always do with gymnastics at school. At the moment he landed he came down wrong and guess what he broke his arm, not to complicated thank god, but how weird that it was a subject beginning of the week. This all happened yesterday 30 minutes before the schoolday was over. and 2 weeks before summer break starts. hmm!

And today he recieved an unexpected little gift from the school parent panel with a card and a magazine... so sweet!

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazon...Naamloos-1.jpg

Rubia Padilha 06-18-2020 04:35 PM

I think the American girls have a say... like:

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a8/1d/75/a...fd09faa6ab.jpg

hahaha

At least he will have stories to tell when he has kids. :)

wendyp 06-18-2020 04:38 PM

yeah that's true! well I at least he didn't;t lost his goofy-ness lol!
and you can see on his eyes he didn't;t had much sleep last night lol, when you compare yesterday and today hahah

craftytam 06-18-2020 04:55 PM

Thankfully, none of my kids had broken bones. But, I definitely had my fair share as a kid and an adult!

LynnZant 06-18-2020 07:33 PM

Poor kid! Hope he heals soon.

Maybe at tomorrow night's dinner we should discuss how we've never won a million dollars. ha ha

joelsgirl 06-18-2020 07:36 PM

Crazy!

We had a series of earthquakes last year, and after we had gone about two weeks without any tremors, I said to my friend, "It seems like we're done with the earthquakes." Then when I got home, another earthquake. My mom would say I jinxed it and made it happen. In the south, we have this (joking/not joking belief that if you name it, it will happen.

allyanne 06-18-2020 07:37 PM

Poor guy! I hope it heals well and he feels better soon! My son broke his arm the day before we listed our house to sell! It healed very quickly and no complications either, so that was good, but it’s never fun in the moment.

Kimberly27 06-18-2020 08:37 PM

Poor guy! Boys are so rough and tough! Glad he is doing better today

Leablahblah 06-18-2020 08:47 PM

Ouch! Hopefully the recovery isn't too painful!

Dandelion DD 06-18-2020 09:07 PM

Hope he heals quickly!!

JoCee 06-18-2020 10:13 PM

oooh nooo, hope he heals quickly.

I sent my boy off to a day of school sport competition specifically saying... please be very careful today as a friend of his had just hurt himself playing the same game as he was about to play.

Guess what... the phone rang, sports master calling to say he'd been tackled and done his knee!! SMH!!

nietis 06-18-2020 11:40 PM

Ouch! I hope he heals fast!

cherrygutz 06-19-2020 01:09 AM

Oh no! Poor guy! Hope it heal fast!

bcgal00 06-19-2020 01:43 AM

Poor guy. Glad he’s happy with his gifts. I agree with Lynn, how we’ve never won the lottery needs to be our next dinner conversation lol.

Saar 06-19-2020 02:01 AM

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this happened. Hope he's feeling better soon.

jak 06-19-2020 02:39 AM

Ouch! Hope he mends quickly.

One morning driving to the bus stop to go to work I randomly thought about how bad it is to have an accident and be stuck holding up the traffic on a busy road. That afternoon driving home from the bus stop I crashed my car and did exactly that - hold up the traffic. It was awful!

That same week I randomly thought about my friend's dad who was quite elderly (and whom I hadn't seen in years), wondering how he was doing. A couple of days later my friend texted me to say he'd died.

Something else premonition-like happened that week too but I can't remember what it was now. Freaky!!

wendyp 06-19-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jak (Post 1063010100)
Ouch! Hope he mends quickly.

One morning driving to the bus stop to go to work I randomly thought about how bad it is to have an accident and be stuck holding up the traffic on a busy road. That afternoon driving home from the bus stop I crashed my car and did exactly that - hold up the traffic. It was awful!

That same week I randomly thought about my friend's dad who was quite elderly (and whom I hadn't seen in years), wondering how he was doing. A couple of days later my friend texted me to say he'd died.

Something else premonition-like happened that week too but I can't remember what it was now. Freaky!!

OMG so 3 times!!

But how sad about your friends father, you must feel so weird knowing you thought of him before than..

And yeah it is very freaky sometimes, if it was something fun hmm, most of the time it is not

wendyp 06-19-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1063010051)
Crazy!

We had a series of earthquakes last year, and after we had gone about two weeks without any tremors, I said to my friend, "It seems like we're done with the earthquakes." Then when I got home, another earthquake. My mom would say I jinxed it and made it happen. In the south, we have this (joking/not joking belief that if you name it, it will happen.

ugh so scary!! happily I never experienced an earthquake...
But yes we have that same joking/not joking saying here as well...

wendyp 06-19-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoCee (Post 1063010066)
oooh nooo, hope he heals quickly.

I sent my boy off to a day of school sport competition specifically saying... please be very careful today as a friend of his had just hurt himself playing the same game as he was about to play.

Guess what... the phone rang, sports master calling to say he'd been tackled and done his knee!! SMH!!

Oh no!!

rach3975 06-19-2020 12:20 PM

Oh, no--I hope he heals quickly! It's definitely tempting fate to have a conversation about a bad thing that hasn't happened.

StacyLynn 06-25-2020 08:51 AM

Oh my gosh! Hope it heals quickly!!!

Sherri Tierney 06-28-2020 09:49 PM

I've had things like that happen. Some will say that by talking about things like that you are manifesting them to happen. I try not to even let myself think about stuff like that now for fear it may happen. I was driving home one day and thought to myself "I haven't had a flat in several months". The next morning I walked out to find my tire flat. Numerous things like that have happened to me. I try not to think about things that I wouldn't want to happen. LOL

Anyway, my husband has had his share of broken bones. None with the kids and I, but stitches we have had.