Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Passport To Sweet Stuff (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   February 2019: Passport FAQ (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90149)

Neverland Scraps 02-10-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernmother (Post 1062946473)
On challenge #8 - Quote, do I have to save THAT image and use it or can I write the quote out myself? Thanks.

you can write it out or whatever you want as long as it's incorporated on to your page somehow.

Last month I made a journal card with the quote and inserted it on my pocket page. Still haven't done this month though :(

craftytam 02-10-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062946038)
#2. Product :
Scrap with any of our teen inspired 13th Anniversary collabs that are releasing this month!

Are any of these released yet? Just want to make sure I haven't missed my chance to grab one or more!!!! lol
Thnks

I don't think so, Kiana. I haven't noticed them either. Hopefully this coming week! :)

craftytam 02-10-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062945078)
Okay, ladies, here is the answer I have got from Robin herself:
Pages should be created so that they are OBVIOUSLY made with our products, but like always, small touches / outside templates from places other than SSD are absolutely fine.

Thank you Sherly and Robin!! :wub:

craftytam 02-10-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
You do NOT have to post your completed pages anywhere other than the gallery. Your completed passport image is all you need to earn Sweet Rewards and be entered into our drawings for monthly prizes!

Be sure your tracker post has any relevant notations in it along with a list for leaving love, etc. This post from Kiana is the perfect example of what we're looking for each month...

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...6&postcount=20

Hope it helps!

R
This is a big help, Robin!! :wub:
I keep track of my LO links because it helps me, but it helps me keep organized. It's good to know that I don't have to post them here.

Thanks for the great example, Kiana!! :wub:

Amber Dixon 02-10-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062946476)
you can write it out or whatever you want as long as it's incorporated on to your page somehow.

Last month I made a journal card with the quote and inserted it on my pocket page. Still haven't done this month though :(

Perfect, thank you for your reply. I wanted to type it out myself; I'm very glad I can do so. :hugs:

cooperL788 02-10-2019 08:40 PM

Can't comment on gallery!

I think I'm missing something (hopefully!) but I'm having trouble commenting on anyone's gallery layouts! Is it because I'm so new? Or is there something obvious that I'm missing? :confused:

Neverland Scraps 02-10-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperL788 (Post 1062946524)
I think I'm missing something (hopefully!) but I'm having trouble commenting on anyone's gallery layouts! Is it because I'm so new? Or is there something obvious that I'm missing? :confused:

quite possibly because you are new. I noticed that you just posted in the new forum thread--that will be good for you because Libby or another staff member can change your settings so that you are able to take full advantage of the site! Welcome to SSD! :wub:

jacinda 02-10-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperL788 (Post 1062946524)

It's a spam protection thing. If you get your post count up to 10 by commenting in the forum, you should then be able to comment in the gallery.

cooperL788 02-11-2019 02:27 PM

Phew! Thank you!

KimGeling 02-12-2019 04:15 AM

Does #9 (the act of kindness) need to be something new that you've done for this challenge? I like to think I do nice things for people all the time but I certainly don't take photos of them! I have some great photos of my kids at a charity event a couple of years ago... can I use them?

aussiegirl 02-13-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimGeling (Post 1062946795)
Does #9 (the act of kindness) need to be something new that you've done for this challenge? I like to think I do nice things for people all the time but I certainly don't take photos of them! I have some great photos of my kids at a charity event a couple of years ago... can I use them?

I am not a higher up, but any RAK should work, it shouldn't have to be recent! :)

lingovise 02-13-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimGeling (Post 1062946795)

Photos don't need to be recent/current ♥

KimGeling 02-13-2019 11:34 PM

Thank you!

aussiegirl 02-15-2019 08:14 PM

I'm slightly discouraged that in order to get blackout this month (I am one layout away), we are required to purchase specific items. I cannot spend any money right now (I didn't even use my coupon from last month because it's just not in the budget). Is there some type of freebie add on that can be used instead?

Leablahblah 02-15-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062947678)
I'm slightly discouraged that in order to get blackout this month (I am one layout away), we are required to purchase specific items. I cannot spend any money right now (I didn't even use my coupon from last month because it's just not in the budget). Is there some type of freebie add on that can be used instead?

I’m with Dawn! I’m so bummed!
Any way we could use any Free with Purchase instead of a collab?

aussiegirl 02-15-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062947684)
I’m with Dawn! I’m so bummed!
Any way we could use any Free with Purchase instead of a collab?

oh, that's a good idea too! Hopefully someone higher up with come up with some type of idea to help us out!

hwong 02-15-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062947678)

Agreed - I just revisited the FAQ to make sure I had jotted my notes right. $20 is really steep for my budget. I even double checked the teen collabs to see if I could purchase one individually but (understandable due to the size) the price is still too much for me right now ($15).
It's tough - because my coupon from January's passport expired. I know SSD needs to generate a profit, but i wish there was a way for us to use our previous passport coupons to fulfill a required purchase the next month.
(am I making sense? I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive!)

JlynnA12 02-16-2019 12:30 PM

#2. Product :
Scrap with any of our teen inspired 13th Anniversary collabs that are releasing this month!

Are these the collabs that just released today fwp? I've been waiting and want to make sure I'm seeing the right things :)

Robin Carlton 02-16-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JlynnA12 (Post 1062947872)
#2. Product :

Are these the collabs that just released today fwp? I've been waiting and want to make sure I'm seeing the right things :)

Yes! This week's special offer includes the teen inspired kits that are required for this challenge, and we hope you love them as much as we do!

I'm sorry to read that some of you are disappointed. Our storewide collabs are always free with a $20 purchase, but we sweetened the deal this time around to include ALL three of our scrumptious 13th Birthday collabs so that hopefully it was an offer you guys felt was worth the splurge. It's our biggest and best FWP offer EVER!

All of that said, we don't want anyone to feel like they scrapped hard all month for nothing, so if you'd like to use any of this month's new releases to complete this final challenge on your card, we'll gladly give you your 40% sweet rewards to use in March. However, only scrappers who use #fabulous, #player or #moody to complete the challenge as written will be entered to win our $50 prize for February.

As always, we appreciate each and every one of you and love seeing your pages, so keep scrapping those sweet memories. At the end of the day, that's what this is all about <3

JlynnA12 02-16-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1062947875)
Yes! This week's special offer includes the teen inspired kits that are required for this challenge, and we hope you love them as much as we do!

thanks!!

Kiana 02-16-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry to read that some of you are disappointed. Our storewide collabs are always free with a $20 purchase, but we sweetened the deal this time around to include ALL three of our scrumptious 13th Birthday collabs so that hopefully it was an offer you guys felt was worth the splurge. It's our biggest and best FWP offer EVER!

All of that said, we don't want anyone to feel like they scrapped hard all month for nothing, so if you'd like to use any of this month's new releases to complete this final challenge on your card, we'll gladly give you your 40% sweet rewards to use in March. However, only scrappers who use #fabulous, #player or #moody to complete the challenge as written will be entered to win our $50 prize for February.

As always, we appreciate each and every one of you and love seeing your pages, so keep scrapping those sweet memories. At the end of the day, that's what this is all about <3

Super generous of you Robin!!! Hopefully those that weren't able to purchase can still play along for their coupon!

Kiana 02-16-2019 08:40 PM

#1 OLW
Can this be a OLW about someone else or only us?

craftytam 02-16-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

This is very generous of you, Robin! I think it's a fabulous compromise!! Another reason to love SSD! :wub:

lingovise 02-16-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062947942)
#1 OLW
Can this be a OLW about someone else or only us?

anyone you'd like ♥

hwong 02-16-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

I'm really appreciative that SSD listens to their fans. Thank you for making this alteration.
I'm absolutely loving the new Passport Challenge. This is the first time I've come anywhere near close to fully completing a challenge and had been debating if I should bag it due to my budget. I appreciate you listening to our feedback and helping us with a workable solution to still feel included.

Neverland Scraps 02-16-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

https://i0.wp.com/entertainmentmesh....meme.png?w=500

Thank you SO much Robin!!! :wub:

Leablahblah 02-16-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks Robin that’s much appreciated!!

aussiegirl 02-18-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Thank you Robin for this compromise!

bumblebeee 02-24-2019 04:50 PM

I finished my passport (YAY me!) and just want to confirm where I need to post it. I uploaded it to an outside host, and posted it in the "Passport to Love" thread along with the inspiration and love. Do I need to upload it to the gallery here as well?

lingovise 02-24-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeee (Post 1062949536)
I finished my passport (YAY me!) and just want to confirm where I need to post it. I uploaded it to an outside host, and posted it in the "Passport to Love" thread along with the inspiration and love. Do I need to upload it to the gallery here as well?

it just needs to be posted in the tracker thread, it does not need to be uploaded in the gallery.

bumblebeee 02-24-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062949546)
it just needs to be posted in the tracker thread, it does not need to be uploaded in the gallery.

Thank you

craftytam 02-26-2019 05:16 AM

Last minute question...
For #2 - Product (scrap with one of the teen themed kits)... Can I use pieces from other kits on my LO as well, or is it only using the 3 themed kits?
Thanks! :)

nietis 02-26-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062949760)
Last minute question...
For #2 - Product (scrap with one of the teen themed kits)... Can I use pieces from other kits on my LO as well, or is it only using the 3 themed kits?
Thanks! :)

So long as the majority of your LO is from the 3 teen kits, it's okay, Tammy.

craftytam 02-26-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062949778)
So long as the majority of your LO is from the 3 teen kits, it's okay, Tammy.

Thank you so much, Sherly! I ended up deciding to go a different route & used bits from all 3 kits :)