Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m just curious... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90768)

~Cindy~ 05-07-2019 11:01 AM

Cole (9 will be 10 in June)
Cade (5 birthday in November)
Audrey (2 just turned 2 in April)

I definitely stay home and I also keep a little girl. Sometimes all week sometimes three days it just depends. She's my cousins daughter. I also get another nine year old off the bus in the afternoon and he stays maybe an hour sometimes less. I also help my neighbor (her husband is in the military)
Her son is 5. She needs to leave for work 10-15 minutes prior to the bus so I just get her son on the bus. I always say I have at least 3-4 kids all day. I also make shirts and decals. Basically whatever I feel like making.

icindi 05-07-2019 02:18 PM

I have 4 boys.

Noah, 22
Jonah 20
Jared 19
Ben 18

One just graduated from college, one has finished 2 years of college, one lives locally and works and one is graduating high school this week and headed to college in the fall.
I stay home and have homeschooled the last 12 years. But that's about to end as my son is graduating! I am an architect and will likely work part time in the fall. I'm hoping to take the summer off!

angels 05-07-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062959424)
We have the exact same spacing with our 3 boys, you're just a year ahead of me!! Mine are 15, 12 and almost 2. I get lots of questions about the gap, lol.

I’m told I’m crazy for going back to diapers after so many years lol

SeattleSheri 05-07-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitartas (Post 1062959472)
I have a big gap too - mine are 20, 19, 10 and 5 - I get asked about the gap all the time and always say i don't recommend it lol

I work part time in finance for aged care (and I LOVE my job)

I actually don't mind the gap! Some days I wish it wasn't so big, but it's nice having my older boys around to help out with a very energetic toddler! I do hate the questions though!

Were you trying for a girl? / Are you sad you had ANOTHER boy? ... nope, I wanted three children
Was he an accident? ... nope, I had two M/C along the way, he was definitely planned (not that it matters, lol)
Is it the same dad? ... it actually is!
It must be hard "starting over" ... unless you have multiples, you're starting over every time you have a child :D

lorigaud 05-07-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062959548)
I have 4 boys.

Noah, 22
Jonah 20
Jared 19
Ben 18

One just graduated from college, one has finished 2 years of college, one lives locally and works and one is graduating high school this week and headed to college in the fall.
I stay home and have homeschooled the last 12 years. But that's about to end as my son is graduating! I am an architect and will likely work part time in the fall. I'm hoping to take the summer off!

Haha! I also have a Noah and a Ben, and my Ben is even the same age!

AJ - 22
Noah - turning 20 in June
Ben - 18

AJ is graduating college, Ben graduating HS. It's an exciting couple of months coming up!

I am a full time 6th grade math and social studies teacher just about ready to finish up my 30th year. Craziness!

Scrap-therapy 05-08-2019 10:17 AM

I'm a solo mum of twin

A boy and a girl, they are 6 years old (they are from end of february).

Actually I'm a stay at home mom but I'm a pediatric nurse in a maternity unit.

My son seems to have special needs but we are still not sure if it's true and what he really have. Sometime things seems getting better and sometimes things getting harder. We don't know exactly what he could have or if he is a "normal" little boy who just need more time. Since he changes school (he have been bullied at the old one) he seems to do progress and his new teacher is happy with him but we see there's lot's of difference with his twin sister (not comparing them, just see it) so we don't really know if we have to worry or just letting him take his time.
Sometimes it really makes me feel worry and stress for him.

Scrap-therapy 05-08-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062959555)
I do hate the questions though!

Were you trying for a girl? / Are you sad you had ANOTHER boy? ... nope, I wanted three children
Was he an accident? ... nope, I had two M/C along the way, he was definitely planned (not that it matters, lol)
It must be hard "starting over" ... unless you have multiples, you're starting over every time you have a child :D

I truly understand you! Of course I don't have the same question but I hate people asking some stupid things as you have!

lovely1m 05-08-2019 10:22 AM

Nicholas 12

I work full-time in the military.

icindi 05-08-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorigaud (Post 1062959589)
Haha! I also have a Noah and a Ben, and my Ben is even the same age!

AJ - 22
Noah - turning 20 in June
Ben - 18

AJ is graduating college, Ben graduating HS. It's an exciting couple of months coming up!

I am a full time 6th grade math and social studies teacher just about ready to finish up my 30th year. Craziness!

Cool! Our kid are the same ages, too, we just adopted one in the middle after we had the 3. Congrats to your 2 graduates too!

icindi 05-08-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy (Post 1062959689)
My son seems to have special needs but we are still not sure if it's true and what he really have. Sometime things seems getting better and sometimes things getting harder. We don't know exactly what he could have or if he is a "normal" little boy who just need more time. Since he changes school (he have been bullied at the old one) he seems to do progress and his new teacher is happy with him but we see there's lot's of difference with his twin sister (not comparing them, just see it) so we don't really know if we have to worry or just letting him take his time.
Sometimes it really makes me feel worry and stress for him.

It's hard. And I think doctors and teachers are slow to label anyone. My youngest started school a year late and was still behind. He had medical issues and we weren't sure what else was going on. He ended up having learning disabilities, too. We decided to homeschool him so we could modify his schoolwork for him, it worked well for him and he caught up in most things over the years. I understand their reluctance to "label" but sometimes it gives direction on how to help the kiddo! Hugs and good luck to you!

Scrap-therapy 05-08-2019 02:51 PM

Thank you Cindi for sharing your story. That's exactly that, they don't give us label jst to know what would really help him and take a direction. I really think of homeschooling and was nearly ready but In France it's not easy and he doesn't "work" with me, he doesn't like to show me what he did at school and never want to learn with me if it's not by playing. So I don't know if it would really help him. Thank you so much for your support!
How is your youngest now? I'm super curious because when I see my son always behind, I'm scare for him.:/
Hugs to you too!:wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062959737)
It's hard. And I think doctors and teachers are slow to label anyone. My youngest started school a year late and was still behind. He had medical issues and we weren't sure what else was going on. He ended up having learning disabilities, too. We decided to homeschool him so we could modify his schoolwork for him, it worked well for him and he caught up in most things over the years. I understand their reluctance to "label" but sometimes it gives direction on how to help the kiddo! Hugs and good luck to you!

icindi 05-08-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy (Post 1062959741)
Thank you Cindi for sharing your story. That's exactly that, they don't give us label jst to know what would really help him and take a direction. I really think of homeschooling and was nearly ready but In France it's not easy and he doesn't "work" with me, he doesn't like to show me what he did at school and never want to learn with me if it's not by playing. So I don't know if it would really help him. Thank you so much for your support!
How is your youngest now? I'm super curious because when I see my son always behind, I'm scare for him.:/
Hugs to you too!:wub:

We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. :) They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

aussiegirl 05-09-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062959555)

We get asked different questions since we have 4 girls.
-Are you going to try for a boy? Ummm, no.
-Are they all yours? Yep, 2 look similar and like their dad, One looks like me. The other one...she's a good mix.
-4 girls huh? I don't know what we're supposed to answer to this one? "Oh no, where did that 4th one come from?!" "No, there are actually 5, can't you see the 5th one?"

monia13 05-10-2019 02:24 PM

Julia - 14

I work full time as IT Consultant, implementing financial systems for companies.

chinagrrl 05-10-2019 05:02 PM

jarron, 13yo (boy)
jordan, 11½yo (boy)
jamison, 8yo (girl)
old pic (oldest child is now taller than me :blink:)

i have a full-time job (programmer/analyst).

karlimarie 05-10-2019 08:37 PM

Darko: 19 months
Dante: 8 days

I am a SAHM, but I pursue some passions on the side like digiscrap design and photography. Before I stayed home I worked in childcare for over ten years, primarily in the pre-k classroom. My husband is a grocery store manager. I will continue to stay home as long as we can afford it.

AliceM 05-11-2019 07:59 AM

I have 2 girls

Tessa 10 years old
Lotte just turned 7 last Tuesday

I work in a general practice for 3 days in the week for 20 years now! (I was 19 when I got the job!)

Leablahblah 05-11-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062959996)
Darko: 19 months
Dante: 8 days

I am a SAHM, but I pursue some passions on the side like digiscrap design and photography. Before I stayed home I worked in childcare for over ten years, primarily in the pre-k classroom. My husband is a grocery store manager. I will continue to stay home as long as we can afford it.

You had your baby!! Congrats!!

hollyxann 05-11-2019 01:17 PM

I have 3 girls
Macie - 20
Kali - 18
Kennedy - 8

I am a work from home stay at home mom.

Leablahblah 05-12-2019 11:03 AM

Nice to know a bit more about your family!!

Scrap-therapy 05-18-2019 10:55 AM

Cindi, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! You are really lucky about homeschooling. Here's it starts to develop but really slowly…
And the goverment don't help and make it something anormal...:blink:

I'm really happy for your son and his accomplishments, it is just wonderful! I'm glad he find his way and his gift! Love this idea!

Lot's of hugs to you and again thank you:wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062959783)
We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. :) They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein