Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RV Rentals? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96480)

Kiana 12-01-2022 09:31 AM

RV Rentals?

Have you ever rented an RV? Is that even a thing? What was your experience??

bienejen 12-01-2022 10:41 AM

I've seen RVs with the Cruise America logo on them and always wanted to ask how they liked it. A coworker did it in CA and took it to the Grand Canyon. She liked it but she said there was a bit of a learning curve. I'm not sure who she went through for the rental. I know you can also rent campers and they will deliver them to your campsite so you don't need a truck to haul them.

Kimberly27 12-01-2022 11:07 AM

Cruise RV, RV Share, Outdoorsy and other places do rent them. We haven't done it YET, but plant to give it a try once we have a vehicle that can tow one. We want to buy one but before we do we want to try one out to see what we like and need.

You can also do camper vans through Outdoorsy and Escape Camper vans

Kiana 12-01-2022 12:09 PM

Thanks ladies ... I don't have a vehicle to tow so I'm looking for actual RVs
I will check out these places.

aussiegirl 12-03-2022 04:17 PM

Just know that they charge you by like mile, day, and overall rental. Plus you have to pay for campsites. So renting one to be delivered to an actual campsite may be a better bet in the long run (money wise).

Kiana 12-03-2022 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1063117473)
Just know that they charge you by like mile, day, and overall rental. Plus you have to pay for campsites. So renting one to be delivered to an actual campsite may be a better bet in the long run (money wise).

Thanks for the info. We're not camping but paying for the mileage is a bit much

MamaBee 12-05-2022 02:51 PM

We've never rented from... but we do we rent out our personal RV (class A) on RVShare and Outdoorsy. :) If I can help answer any questions you have around the renting process, let me know. RVShare/Outdoorzy you are usually dealing with a person's personal camper... cruise america is a business.

Kiana 12-05-2022 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBee (Post 1063117537)
We've never rented from... but we do we rent out our personal RV (class A) on RVShare and Outdoorsy. :) If I can help answer any questions you have around the renting process, let me know. RVShare/Outdoorzy you are usually dealing with a person's personal camper... cruise america is a business.

Thanks so much for the info

lovely1m 12-05-2022 10:10 PM

We looked into it years ago for a trip to Yellowstone but had so much trouble finding one that wasn't way out of the way. We ended up buying an older one instead. lol

joelsgirl 12-06-2022 09:45 AM

And we haven’t done it, but when we did our road trip out west, a couple of years ago, we met lots of people who were doing that. Everyone we talk to who was renting an RV was really loving their experience.

Kiana 12-06-2022 11:45 AM

Thanks ladies