Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shadow Styles (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91688)

icindi 11-29-2019 11:30 PM

Shadow Styles

I bought PSE 2020. Now I need to add my actions and styles. While I'm starting over, what shadow styles do you use? And where do you find them?

aurian 11-30-2019 12:32 AM

Following. I have an older set of styles but am in the market for another set. :)

hwong 11-30-2019 01:11 AM

Ohhh great question! Following too.
I've been using the same shadows for years and always think it's time for something new but don't know where to start.

Kiana 11-30-2019 01:21 AM

My own set that I created a few years ago.

Neverland Scraps 11-30-2019 01:54 AM

I use my own that I keep mastering and changing every month or so

Neverland Scraps 11-30-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062980242)
I bought PSE 2020. Now I need to add my actions and styles. While I'm starting over, what shadow styles do you use? And where do you find them?

Did you know Sweet Shoppe has an area called "Tutorials" in the upper right hand corner of your screen? If you scroll down you'll see "shadowing". There is a LOT of knowledge inside that single tab "tutorials".

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ory/shadowing/

icindi 11-30-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062980287)
Did you know Sweet Shoppe has an area called "Tutorials" in the upper right hand corner of your screen? If you scroll down you'll see "shadowing". There is a LOT of knowledge inside that single tab "tutorials".

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...ory/shadowing/

Yes I know there’s tutorials!! And I’ve explored it a little! Unless there’s some special effect I’m after with a shadow I’m happy to use/ adjust someone else’s shadow styles though. [emoji4]
I didn’t find shadow styles in the SSD Shoppe. If someone has some I missed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neverland Scraps 11-30-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062980293)
Yes I know there’s tutorials!! And I’ve explored it a little! Unless there’s some special effect I’m after with a shadow I’m happy to use/ adjust someone else’s shadow styles though. [emoji4]
I didn’t find shadow styles in the SSD Shoppe. If someone has some I missed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought there were free shadow styles, but I can't remember who would have had them for free.

At a quick glance, I don't see any shadow styles here in the store. Fiddle-Dee-Dee has shadows and so does Mommyish, but those are paid and I'm not sure if they are old or current styles.

I wish I could direct you somewhere that has free shadows for you but I can't find anything in my google searches:thumbdown:

Neverland Scraps 11-30-2019 03:10 PM

these are from 2007
http://www.flergalicious.com/drop-shadows/

There's also another tutorial on bending paper with the shadows
http://www.flergalicious.com/drop-shadows-part-2/

stephc777 11-30-2019 11:27 PM

Hi -

At least one of the sets of shadow styles I have are Krystal Hartley's Lighten Up Shadow Styles. This is where she has a download link for them.

http://scraphappinessinside.blogspot...s-shadows.html

The ones I use most are Trish Shadow Styles, but I can't find the source. I don't think I paid for them (i.e. - they were a free download within the last couple of years), but when I google search I can't find them. Maybe someone else knows?

Amber Dixon 12-01-2019 01:47 AM

I have 2 sets from Megs that she gave away as freebies in like 08, and 2010. I think one of the might still be on her blog. Flergalicious.com You could search her site and see if you can find them. I own numerous sets and I always, always go back to Meg's. It's only 3 different shadows, but my shadowing is something I always get compliments on in my layouts.

jacinda 12-01-2019 05:01 AM

I use Krystal's Lighten Up Shadow Styles, then tweak to suit.

nietis 12-02-2019 05:18 AM

I use Flergs' shadows and tweak them too!

craftytam 12-02-2019 12:45 PM

I bought PSE 2020, too, Cindi! I won't be able to use it until after Christmas though. You'll have to let me know what you learn :)
I use several styles. One is a really old one from a retired designer. The other is from a designer at another store.
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give Flergs shadows a try when I'm home!!

craftytam 12-02-2019 12:46 PM

I bought PSE 2020, too, Cindi! I won't be able to use it until after Christmas though. You'll have to let me know what you learn :)
I use several styles. One is a really old one from a retired designer. The other is from a designer at another store.
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give Flergs shadows a try when I'm home!!

icindi 12-02-2019 08:35 PM

Thanks everyone. I'll do some research! Tammy I haven't used PSE 2020 yet becaues I don't have my actions added. I'll get there eventually!

Sheana 12-02-2019 09:10 PM

I think all of mine were paid. Jenn used to have some. I use One Little Bird and Sahlin Studios' shadows.

icindi 12-02-2019 09:36 PM

I had free shadow stiles from fiddledeedee but don't have the file to reload. I bought new ones from another designer today that are not loading. Sigh.

Neverland Scraps 12-03-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062980640)
I had free shadow stiles from fiddledeedee but don't have the file to reload. I bought new ones from another designer today that are not loading. Sigh.

any chance you can save the styles from your old program and import in to the new program?

mmbstaley 12-03-2019 10:04 AM

If you still have the old version of the program installed, you can copy and paste the installed styles, custom shapes, brushes, actions, etc. from the program files area. Copying the whole preset folder is one of the things I do to backup files.
I've had several older things I use regularly that I don't have the original file, or I just can't find it easily because it is on an old EHD, that I have gone to the backup I made to install again. Check our your program file folder. Mine is located at:
Windows (C: ) > Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 15 > Presets
If you have more than one version installed, then it will be in its own folder under the Adobe folder. I used to have PSE13 on this computer and finally uninstalled it, but that process evidently left a couple of the preset folders on the computer - not all of them, just a couple - but they do seem to have certain things I added myself still in them.

icindi 12-03-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmbstaley (Post 1062980696)
If you still have the old version of the program installed, you can copy and paste the installed styles, custom shapes, brushes, actions, etc. from the program files area. Copying the whole preset folder is one of the things I do to backup files.
I've had several older things I use regularly that I don't have the original file, or I just can't find it easily because it is on an old EHD, that I have gone to the backup I made to install again. Check our your program file folder. Mine is located at:
If you have more than one version installed, then it will be in its own folder under the Adobe folder. I used to have PSE13 on this computer and finally uninstalled it, but that process evidently left a couple of the preset folders on the computer - not all of them, just a couple - but they do seem to have certain things I added myself still in them.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Thank you! So I copy the presets in the old version and paste them in the new presets folder?

mmbstaley 12-04-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062980741)
Oh wow, I didn't know that! Thank you! So I copy the presets in the old version and paste them in the new presets folder?

Yes! It really is that simple. When you open the new version up again all of the presets you copied over will be there if you got them in the correct place.
Edited to add: actions are the exception to this. You will most likely have to 'install' them again for them to show up in the actions palette box I've found. The old version will still have the .atn file in the folder, but they don't install themselves - not really sure why. Brushes, custom shapes and layer styles should be in their respective places on opening.
Hope you can retrieve your shadow style set!

craftytam 12-05-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmbstaley (Post 1062980696)

Oh, great idea!! Thanks :)