Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Featured Designer 2021 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93286)

Robin Carlton 10-20-2020 11:42 AM

Featured Designer 2021

Hey, hey Sweet Shoppers!

We're starting the process of getting our Featured Designers lined up for next year, and we'd love to get some input from you on what you'd like to see in these bi-weekly spotlights!

You can help us out by copying the list of questions below into a reply with your answers so that we can consider your thoughts and ideas!

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not?

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone?

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them!

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two!

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference?

We love knowing what you think and what you love, so as a thanks for participating, we'll choose a winner or two at random from all replies posted by Halloween to win a free kit from the shoppe!

Thanks so much for being part of what we do!

Robin

HeideC 10-20-2020 12:09 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week?
Sometimes. Mostly is helps build my stash which I love sine I am just now getting back to this wonderful hobby

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone?
I like both. What attracts me are the type of elements that I prefer in my pages.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies?
I have more boy photos so neutral or more boys kits

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews?
Would you ever design a kit for someone?
How did you find your niche?

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference?
No preference

LynnZant 10-20-2020 12:31 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not?
Not every week, but certainly sometimes. If I want the kit, I do try to bump up my total to get it.

I prefer stand alone kits. I would rather get everything at once in a kit or bundle rather than collecting. Often times you are rewarded with a lower bundle price at the end of the series's release, so you think to yourself, "I could have saved X dollars if I had just waited."

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them!
I love the music theme, but maybe T.V. or movies?

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two!
I don't really know--they've been asked some great ones over the years. I'm always interested in how color influences their designs.

I don't really have a preference, but it's nice to allow one single designer to shine at a time.

rach3975 10-20-2020 01:17 PM

Yes. I often wishlist new releases if I know I won't scrap with them immediately. On a week where I love the FD kit I'm more likely to buy right away or buy multiple items to get to the $10 level.

Standalone products. I don't shop every week (silly budget!) so needing to shop multiple weeks in a row to collect something is a disincentive--I'd be more likely to end up with "missing pieces" that made the collections less useful. Thinking back to the last few years, I think I've liked the years with no themes better. The themes can push designers into designing products that they might not have chosen otherwise. That can be good or bad, but sometimes it makes for a product that doesn't have wide appeal because it's a hard letter to work with, for example.

The broader the better! One thing that comes to mind is ages and stages. Week 1 might be babies, week 2 young children, etc. going all the way up to older adults. It would probably have to be a rotation where 6-8 FDs work through the lifespan and then begin again with babies.

Another idea is places. By that I mean schools, pumpkin patches, playgrounds, libraries, homes, theme parks, lakes, forests, etc.

How has the industry changed since you first became a digital scrapbooker or designer? How has your style changed?

I always love seeing the designers' favorites: favorite kit they designed, faves from other designers' stores (ie, other designers share their fave by the FD), favorite CT or gallery layout with their products, favorite layout they've scrapped, favorite photo, etc.

I love both! If the designers prefer one or the other, then whatever they like gets my vote!

Leablahblah 10-20-2020 01:48 PM

If I have to have the FWP kit then yes it influences me to buy more to reach my goal.

I prefer stand alone. I wasn't too attracted to the music theme this time around. Mostly because I didn't know any of the songs haha or if I did, they were stuck in my head every time I saw the kit. Collecting is hard when you're limited with a budget and then it becomes frustrating when you can't finish the collection.

Maybe something related to feelings
or Birthday kits
or Celebrations (each designer can pick their own celebration: bday, wedding. anniversary, birth, graduation...)
or I would love it if all designers worked with the same color palette but created different kits. That would be so cool to see how each style comes out but with the same color theme.

Is designing your only job or do you work outside of designing?
Share your typical day
Favorite meal that you can make over and over

I love both.

Kimberly27 10-20-2020 02:10 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? Sometimes, if I really love the designers style and the theme of the kit I will bump up my total to get that kit.

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I prefer stand alone products mostly because not every designer has a style that meshes with my style so I am not going to want to purchase the whole collection just to get all the pieces. :wub:

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! No ideas here...maybe a travel theme...or holidays around the world?!

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! Looking back on my own designs I would love to see their first kit designed, favorite kit they designed, least fav kit, favorite layout they scrapped, fav ct layout. What has changed in their designing over the years? What is their least favorite thing to design in a kit?

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? No preference

Kiana 10-20-2020 05:26 PM

Varies by week/designer. If it's a kit I really want then it definitely influences me!

I prefer stand alone kits.

Not really, lol. Maybe something focused on "All about me" pages to get us scrapping about ourselves more.

Share a favorite recipe you like to cook?
What's a show/movie that you've watched more than you'd like to admit?

Oooohhh both! lol

aussiegirl 10-20-2020 05:32 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? Not necessarily. I am on a strict budget, so I shop based on sale.

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? Stand Alone. I think different designers shine in different areas, and to fit a "theme" may not bring out their best qualities as a designer.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! Travel, Disney, hard to scrap holidays are my go-to's for kits I can't get enough of.

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! -What do you look for in a CT member. Do you like only a couple teams, or for them to be on all the teams? Do you like them to be active at other sites, or to fully call SSD home? -Maybe a "motivation" series. Post a kit or the new release from that week, and a photo or moment that was the motivation behind them creating it.
-Their favorite layouts they have scrapped.

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? Solos. Narrow down the choices so we are forced to scrap specifically. Too many options make it hard to stay focused or narrow it down yourself. If you can take that guesswork out of it, even better!

bcgal00 10-20-2020 06:54 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? I never do or don't buy b/c of the freebie but if I do buy, I really appreciate the freebie (they are always a wonderful addition to my stash and makes me feel like I got more bang for my buck).

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I like stand alone kits and mix and match a lot so pull from different themes/designers often so don't need a cohesive theme.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! I really like multi-purpose themes like "all about me", home, etc that I can use for almost any occasion and are great for everyday candid shots.

1. I love to hear about their home life, are there any pets?
2. I love to hear about faves....food, trip, indulgences, clothes, etc.

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? I like solos but it is fun to see what a collab can produce with the differences in designer preferences, styles, etc.

stephc777 10-20-2020 08:37 PM

They definitely do. If it is a designer/kit I like, I will pretty much always make the limit within the 2 weeks of their design.

Stand-alone for sure.

Maybe colors or moods?

Who was their biggest inspiration that got them into designing?

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? I probably prefer solo kits for the featured designer kits.

angiekey 10-20-2020 08:38 PM

Absolutely. I've tried to discipline myself by adding things to my wishlist each week and waiting for those big sales, but if there's a FD freebie that I fall in love with? Everything goes right into my shopping cart instead.

I honestly don't know that it matters, because even your Ongoing Theme products don't necessarily work together. The music-themed kits, for example, have been adorable, and it's been fun to see what each designer has chosen for their song of the week and how they've chosen to work it into a kit. But they each stand on their own. They have distinct color schemes and do not mix-and-match in any way. I really don't feel compelled to collect them all, not like I feel compelled to collect all the pieces of a mega kit like you've done for your site anniversary or Christmas.

I would love to see a color-driven theme for next year's FD freebies! What about working your way around the color wheel a couple times with different types of color schemes? First pass could be Monochromatic + neutrals, then Analagous + neutrals, then Triadic + neutrals, etc.

The UN has declared 2021 as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables. (Seriously.) You could use that as a theme, with each designer having a fruit or vegetable to use as some form of inspiration. Peach could give you the color, or inspire a kit about the city of Atlanta. Lettuce could inspire a play-on-words in the title like "Let Us Play" or "Let Us Gather".

What about emotions as a theme? Here's a list of 27 different human emotions, and I think any one of them could be a good inspiration for a kit: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#320726013359

In a time when the industry is contracting and a lot of designers have retired, why have you chosen to continue to design digital scrapbooking products?

Do you scrapbook for yourself? Why or why not?

If you cook for yourself or your family at all, please share a favorite recipe! (I'm always down for collecting these.)

I love Collabs! There are a few designers in the shop that I generally don't buy because they're not my style, but if you mix them with another designer, I love the results. There have even been times when I've tried a designer I didn't think was a fit for me through a collab, and I became a fan and started buying their stuff. But I like solos, too.

littlekiwi 10-21-2020 07:28 AM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? Not really, I tend to only buy up large during major sales at events such as DSD

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I’m happy for either or to be honest

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? Again, I’m really flexible on that - I’m keen on both options however I’d say when push comes to shove I probably prefer solo.

armygrl 10-21-2020 09:10 AM

Hello Robin and the Sweetest Shoppe in town! I LOVE the Featured Designer kits. Several years ago, before I was a regular here, I would pop in to see what the Free kit was. If I liked the kit, I loaded up my cart with other goodies. This is how I got to know the designers at SSD. So, the easy answer is "YES!." The Featured Designer Freebie influences my shopping. Even though I consider myself a regular now, I still love the Featured Designer...and from time to time I find myself shopping just to get the kit (and yes I know it will be for sale afterwards...but there is something about the word "free.")

I enjoyed the Alphabet theme and found myself wanting all the letters. I enjoy "months" and find myself wanting all the months. However, overall, I prefer loosely themed kits. The reveals were fun this year! I truly enjoyed seeing what song the designer chose and learning about how and why the song influenced the kits design. For me, it helps the Shoppe feel more like a community. We get to know a bit about the designers.

My first idea is: "A Day..." For example, A Day to Remember. A Rainy Day. A Day to Celebrate. A Day at the Park. A Day at the Zoo. A Snow Day. A Day in the Life. A Summer Day. A Winter Day. A Crazy Day. In a Day. A Cozy Day. A Day to Sleep In. Etc.

My second idea is: Wacky Holidays. There are many websites that list them. Here is an example of one: http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/ For the respective month, the designer can choose from the list of wack holidays. October for example is: Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, Cookie Month, National Pizza Month, National Popcorn Poppin' Month, Seafood Month....the list goes on.

I don't have a question...more of an idea. The designers are incredibly talented and skilled in both their designs and in scrapbooking. Perhaps they could share a tip or two in scrapbooking artistry...how to get great shadows, how to make a cohesive layout, the rule of thirds, color matching etc. I am sure there is no time for in depth tutorials, so I am think more along the lines of quick tips and tools of the trade, including photography.

My preference is solos. Solos give me an opportunity to get know a designer I might not shop from much. And, I do like how the Featured Designer is tied to the Passport Challenges.

I would not be disappointed with collabs, however. It is also fantastic to see how different designers mesh together; and SSD has fantastic Two Scoops and Triple Dips (some of my favorite kits are in these categories).

lovely1m 10-21-2020 12:14 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? Sometimes. It depends on if I like the kit/theme.

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I do not collect them all. I prefer stand alone, but having matching add-ons the week that the designer is featured sometimes draw me in.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! Life's milestones!

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! What's your favorite kit you've ever designed.

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? No preference.

nun69 10-21-2020 02:56 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? yes because I always like a good deal and can usually find $10 in new releases that I need

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I like the idea of stand alone products because there were alot of the music themed kits that just didn't fit my personal style but most of the time I LOVE at least 1 thing from each designer :)

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! school themed/Disney/beach/steampunk/kaleidoscope themed
here are a couple of color inspiration palettes
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/92/6c/e6/9...af7a06e55f.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9c/0e/15/9...915e032502.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/57/71/7b/5...7c4444f37e.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/07/c3/6a/0...ebb6a4a58d.jpg

what inspires you?
what do you look for when you look for creative team members?

I LOVE collabs because I just think ALL of the designers here work so well together

jen104 10-21-2020 03:12 PM

Here goes:

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? 100% Yes - more often than not I am a sucker for a free kit :wub: It happens often where I see the FD kit and say, sure why not ... what's in the new releases?? Shop shop shop!

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? I definitely prefer stand-alone unless the overarching theme is subjective enough where it's not influencing the theme of the kits too much. This year's song theme was a perfect example of having a "theme" but not being restrictive to the designer and open to their interpretation.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! I would like to see any kind of theme where it allows the designer alot of leeway.
I wouldn't want to see them restricted to a specific theme or tied to things like seasons, holidays, etc.

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! I would find it interesting to hear more about the creative process, where do they get their ideas, signature tips and tricks that they use, etc.

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? My preference is for solos.

I love the featured designer freebies, thanks so much to the lovely designers for bringing them to us week after week!

knittingbec 10-21-2020 08:01 PM

I do often plan my shopping around the $10 freebie. I also add lots of single templates to my wish list so I always have something to make up that last little bit to get to $10 if I've only got a single kit in my cart that gets me close but not quite there.

I don't think it really matters to me (anymore)?? When you had the alphabet series, I felt this need to get every one of them (even though I store them in folders by designer, so it wouldn't even "matter" if I was missing some). The music theme is fun and cohesive, but I like that I don't feel committed to getting every one. When I love them or happen to get them, I get them, but if not, I'm not "missing a piece of something bigger"

Something kind of vague... my first thought was "first letter of your name/design name", but I like a lot of the ideas shared above, especially "all about me", "a day..." and "places".

"My kits just wouldn't be complete without...", share first kit & reflect on how their product/process has changed, how often do you add members/guests to your CT & what do you look for?

No preference??

3BluEyedBabi 10-21-2020 08:37 PM

It's definitely a nice perk to spending $10! I wish I could have taken advantage of it more, but this year, I felt almost guilty spending money because of covid.

I think I would prefer stand-alone kits.

The only thing I can think of would be a "through the years" theme that would start at birth and then through the toddler years, middle school years, teenagers, moving, dating, marrying, celebrating, grieving, etc. that would cover growth and experiences we have all gone through...does that make sense? I've been trying to scrap pages of when my kids were little, so this is what made me think of needing kits that have colors and themes for different ages with appropriate elements of toys (for example), word strips, etc.

I would love if they would makeover an older, retired kit using the new skills/techniques they use today...not really a question, but a suggestion!

Not really; there have been some amazing collabs here, and of course, solo kits are also awesome!

EventHorizon 10-22-2020 10:50 AM

Yes, I love FWP :wub:

Standalone products, I like variety!

I like seeing their workspaces if they're willing to post a photo

I love both

Leablahblah 10-23-2020 02:02 PM

I added this to my reply about ideas for an ongoing theme
"or Celebrations (each designer can pick their own celebration: bday, wedding. anniversary, birth, graduation...)"

AmieN1 10-23-2020 02:28 PM

Sometimes. If it's a kit I really want- I'll add to my cart to get to the $10 mark

I like the theme idea- I imagine it might be easier for designers to get ideas for their featured kit. I don't necessarily collect all the pieces if it isn't something I would use or have photos for.

A general theme I think is a good idea. I like the previous mentioned broad "celebrations" idea.

What is their best selling product they are most proud of.
What is their best selling product that they can't stand. ;)

No preference. Although- personally I feel like featured designer collabs tend to have 'less' included than traditional collabs.

Txcorey 10-23-2020 03:34 PM

If I really like the featured kit and there are some products I want to buy, then I will try and get my cart up to the $10 to get the freebie. But, if the new releases aren't something I want or need, then I would bypass and hope for products I like the next week so I could get the freebie. But, I don't just buy to get the freebie if none of the products are speaking to me.

I prefer stand-alone products.

I actually prefer no theme at all and liked it when the designers could use whatever kit they want for the freebie.

Someone else posted about having the designers share their favorite products, favorite layouts made with those products, their scrapbook pages etc. I liked that idea. I also like hearing about what inspires them, what they like to scrap about, etc.

I don't really have a preference.

JennNtheBoys 10-24-2020 07:55 AM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? -- They absolutely do....who doesn't love a good value?

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone? -- I've enjoyed it both ways.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! -- I love general kits that I can use for everyday life, so I think it would be fun to see a main PL style kit for each month and then the other FD kits for the month be something that's general or seasonal that co-ordinates with the month kit (and for the months where there is over lap there could be lots of room for creativity in mashing up some color schemes??)....I dunno, I feel there may be lots of potential in this idea..... especially with the amazing talents of the designers.

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! -- this I don't know..... maybe tips and tricks from designers?

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? -- I have no preference, although I did enjoy seeing Robin pop in on some of the kits this year :) <3

amyjcaz 10-25-2020 01:07 AM

If I love the kit I will definitely add more to my cart in order to get the free kit.

I prefer stand alone kits but don't mind if each stand alone kit has a similar theme throughout the year.

I have three boys and only one girl. I am always on the lookout for more kits that work for masculine pages.

If you are ever in a scrapping/designing slump, what do you do to get out of it?
Do you like when scrappers "change up" your kit or rearrange your templates?
If we were to "hang out" what would we do if we weren't scrapping?

Nope

Robin Carlton 10-28-2020 09:30 AM

You girls are awesome! Just wanted to bump because there are a few more days left to reply for your chance to win a kit of your choice from the shoppe!

Thanks so much for all of the thoughtful replies!

SweetChar 10-28-2020 11:40 AM

Sure! If it's something I like (and it almost always is!) then I certainly want to make a purchase to obtain it.

Either one. My first reaction was leaning towards stand-alone, though. If the theme is broad enough, then they can each seem like stand-alones anyway.

Words of Inspiration (seems broad enough lol)
Emotions
Thankful for _______
???

How much personal scrapping do you do?
Did you paper scrap in the past? Or currently?

Both seem great! :)

chastml 10-28-2020 01:12 PM

Sometimes. If it's a color scheme or theme that I really like, I will definitely purchase new releases and/or wishlist items to hit that $10 limit.

I like stand-alone products.

Inspired by Artists - painters, sculptors, muralists, etc.

What is your favorite day of the week? If you could visit anywhere, where would you like to go?

I like both. It's nice to see the featured designer on their own, but it's sometimes nice to have a designer I'm not as familiar with paired with one I am.

stasianary 10-28-2020 08:00 PM

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not? I definitely think that the Spend $10 kits influence my shopping. If I feel like I really need the kit, I am going to find a way to spend $10 so that I can get it! I love being able to get something free on top of other great purchases!

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone?I missed the Alphabet theme last year and I was bummed about that. I like the themes! Themes unify the kits but also give us a spin on each designer's specific take. The 2020 music theme has been really fun!

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them! Hmm.. it might be fun to do a lesser-known holiday from the designer's home country? Or maybe a movie theme?

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two! How did you get started in digital scrapbooking? Do you have a job outside of design? If you weren't designing, what would you want to be doing? What's something that makes you unique?

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference? I totally don't have a preference. I love solos & I love collabs!

nun69 10-28-2020 09:36 PM

I came back to add another general theme idea.....
what about photography related things....capture the memories, snapshots of the past, a walk down memory lane, oldies but goodies, everyday moments, this is life, remember the good times, life is not always peaches and creme, etc :)
and things could be easily based on any color scheme with all kinds of general elements.....we as historians and photographers and memory keepers are ALWAYS documenting the everyday, special occasions, the hard times, the good times, etc.....

nowens 10-31-2020 05:18 PM

Definitely. If I don't need a new release for immediate use, I will usually add it to my wish list and wait for a big sale, but if I like the FWP, I'm more likely to go ahead and buy new releases that I will use later. Or sometimes, if there's nothing in the new releases that I'm in love with, I'll shop the FD15 or Oldies sales just for the FWP.

I'm fine with either. If the FWP is too themey, there's more risk that it won't be something I can use as much.

Maybe quotes? Each designer could choose a favorite quote to inspire their kit. That should leave lots of room for interpretation and versatile kits. Or maybe colors? Like each designer gets to pick a specific Pantone color to design a mostly monochromatic kit around.

Favorite scrapping style? Favorite type of pages to scrap? Designing rituals/routines?

No preference.

Leablahblah 11-03-2020 09:38 PM

I'm adding another idea for the recurring theme for designers.
I would love it if all designers worked with the same color palette but created different kits. That would be so cool to see how each style comes out but with the same color theme.

tjscraps 11-03-2020 10:45 PM

50/50 - if I like the theme and am close to the $10 I will add more to get it, but if I don't like the theme or can't see myself using it I won't worry too much about it.

Stand-Alone, I don't see the need to collect all of them in a theme, and I agree with the person above who said sometimes it's a stretch for the designer to create something on theme, and usually that means I'm not going to be interested in it

No Idea ... and this is why I just scrap, I don't design - no ideas lol!

Who's your favourite SSD designer (other than yourself), and why?

Either - with the caveat that I really really want a combined preview for collabs. For example the mini kits currently are all fantastic, but I'm not likely to use them individually and when combining them it screws up my filing system to not have a preview (just a little OCD over here, but that's how I make sure I use my stash and know what I have). Since they all coordinate it would be great to have a preview for it altogether (just my 2 cents)

Leablahblah 11-22-2020 04:14 PM

Randomly checking this thread and I see there hasn't been a winner announced.

Robin Carlton 11-23-2020 10:55 AM

Oh my gosh! I totally spaced on this, but here are our winners...

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...ff/fdpick1.png

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...ff/fdpick2.png

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...ff/fdpick3.png

Just look for the pink number in the upper right corner of your post to see if you're one of our lucky scrappers! If you are, send me a PM with your pick of a kit from the shoppe along with your name & email address and I'll get that right over to you!

Thanks so much for the feedback and input! I've already scoured your replies for ideas and questions for next year's featured designer interviews and we can't wait to roll those out to you guys in 2021!

<3
R

aussiegirl 11-23-2020 11:32 AM

Thank you so much! congrats to the other winners! Can't see all the new things planned for 2021!

Leablahblah 11-23-2020 02:47 PM

Congrats rach3975, stasianary and aussiegirl!

LynnZant 11-23-2020 10:45 PM

Congrats, everyone!