Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holiday scrapping (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91745)

bcgal00 12-10-2019 12:33 PM

Holiday scrapping

Will you be scrapping as usual? Taking a break from it to focus on the holiday and family? Will you be taking more photos than usual and when will you scrap them?

What's your hoilday scrapping going to be like?

bcgal00 12-10-2019 12:36 PM

I have a busy half of December and then a really light work schedule for the last half of the month. I can't wait. It means I will have time for everything. I can scrap, shop, bake, cook, wrap, clean and take lots of photos. Family visits won't be rushed as I don't need to fit it all into 1-2 days. Hubs is off most of the time too so we can take our time, doing all the things we want to do. Can't wait! (Just need to get thru next wk and then it's smooth sailing thru the rest of the month.)

aussiegirl 12-10-2019 01:35 PM

I haven't done much scrapping for this month yet! We have a BIG play at Church this weekend that we are in charge of set and set crew. Our girls are all extras in 2-3 scenes. It's just a VERY busy time! Once it is done, it will start feeling a little more like Christmas around here! I look forward to scrapping next week for sure!

Does anyone else feel like your Christmas (or other holiday) photos are just HARD to scrap?! I have many favorite Christmas kits, and I love taking photos of this time of year, but it seems I put off scrapping photos of the actual day (and opening gifts).

Neverland Scraps 12-10-2019 01:41 PM

We will be traveling. Next week, we're leaving and I have to pack, make sure we have the extended family's Christmas presents wrapped, find clothes to wear for the mandatory family photos and last minute chaos. Once we leave, I won't have my computer or my digistash/photos to scrap, so there will be no scrapping for me until we get back in 2020! - - unless my laptop comes early, I can get everything installed and imaged, I might be able to take that with me to get some scrappy time, but I'm not stressing about it.

Neverland Scraps 12-10-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062981389)

Does anyone else feel like your Christmas (or other holiday) photos are just HARD to scrap?! I have many favorite Christmas kits, and I love taking photos of this time of year, but it seems I put off scrapping photos of the actual day (and opening gifts).

yes!!! I struggle scrapping holiday, birthday and all those other special events!

JennNtheBoys 12-10-2019 02:46 PM

I've been picking away at scrapping.... I have a pretty good handle on this months Passport card (I just have to remember to upload my pages lol). I always take way too many photos in December, but I try to focus on different things so my pages don't always look the same every year (that doesn't always work out.... they typically look the same despite my efforts lol). I typically work with photos from previous years, but I may pick at a few pages to scrap photos i've taken this year between christmas and the new year, but I generally stop scrapping the holidays once the new year arrives..... Christmas is the ONE event I refuse to scrap or look back on until the following november/december.... once it's over I don't want to think about it again until it's back.

LynnZant 12-10-2019 03:06 PM

Not sure. I've been usually productive this year with everything. Years past, my girls wanted to use my computer constantly over winter break, so I didn't get much done. Since they both have laptops, it might just be business as usual.
I used to have a hard time and would never scrap holidays or birthdays. Now, I just do it! I love using those themed kits, and I love my pages once they are done.
Enjoy all your extra time, Rae!

kendallt 12-10-2019 03:36 PM

Next Wednesday is my last day of work until 2020 :thumbup:, so I'm definitely hoping for some extra scrapping time!

LeeAndra 12-10-2019 03:41 PM

I make a Countdown to Christmas album every year. I will work on it between Christmas and New Year's when I'm off work & hopefully get most of it done.

Kiana 12-10-2019 08:06 PM

I don't want to slow down, but I find these few months busier than normal and I end up having to anyway. Like right now, I've done 2 layouts so far for passport and normally I'd have maybe 5-7 done.

knittingbec 12-10-2019 10:24 PM

I have 25 days off & was looking forward to lots of scrapping...but this morning, I discovered that my laptop power cord is broken! Ordered a new one, but it will be 2-3 weeks until it arrives! :(

rach3975 12-10-2019 10:48 PM

Early December is busy, but since I work at a school I'm off the second half of the month for Winter Break, :thumbup: We have more on the calendar than most Winter Breaks (a weekend trip then a 5 day trip), but I'll still have about a week at home with the kids. The plan is for lots of lazy days together and hopefully some extra scrapping time for me/screen time for them.

I'll take a lot of photos while we're travelling and on DD's birthday. Other than that, I'm consciously trying to take fewer so I don't get as overwhelmed with them. I'm way behind on scrapping, so I'm still working on 2018's photos. My scrapping goals for this month are to make calendars (need to get photos from everyone ASAP!) and finish the 15 or so layouts I need to finish the photo book I'm working on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062981422)
I have 25 days off & was looking forward to lots of scrapping...but this morning, I discovered that my laptop power cord is broken! Ordered a new one, but it will be 2-3 weeks until it arrives! :(

Oh, no! I hope the estimate is wrong and you get it a lot sooner than expected.

bcgal00 12-11-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062981422)

Aw Rebecca - that sucks about no laptop for 3 wks but I bet you'll find other fun things to do.

icindi 12-12-2019 08:10 PM

Oh I am hoping I get to scrap. It's been a busy time around here lately. Some glitches - issues with our son, a hospitalization, some work, parties, Thanksgiving, dog health issues.... Waiting for more time to scrap!! Our kids will be back and some other relatives will visit, but we are not traveling. Hoping for more time, if to before Christmas, after Christmas!!