Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Am I just paranoid? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60460)

MommaTrish 01-18-2012 10:31 AM

Am I just paranoid?

I have trouble bringing myself to share bath-time pictures of Bella - even in layouts. And I'm not sure why.... My girl prefers to be in as little (to no) clothes as possible, so I don't think it's the being naked part, not that I'd share any pictures showing her girl parts or bottom even. But for some reason I'm just super paranoid about sharing her bath pictures.

And yes this is totally random. :p But is anyone else like this?

taracotta7 01-18-2012 10:41 AM

I have done a couple of bath layouts. There is always a rubber duck or washcloth in front of private parts just in case that is caught on film. I always worry that people will think I am a pervert if those parts are showing. They are always some of my favorite pages though. Bath time is one of our very favorite times for playing, singing and acting goofy.

I understand your feelings. I had to gradually get to the point where I am now. :)

cardinalskate 01-18-2012 10:52 AM

I've done bath LOs, when she was a baby, with nothing showing. But once she got older, I couldn't do it either. I won't even do undies pictures (which is A LOT of pics). It just...doesn't feel right.

Jenn Barrette 01-18-2012 10:52 AM

I scrapbook them but don't post them. I don't think it is it paranoid...

ariesfl326 01-18-2012 11:17 AM

I'm real picky about those types of photos so you are not alone. Since my daughter is 10 I don't have bath time photos but I'm really careful about taking any pics when she has a bathing suit on or is just hanging out around the house in a long tee shirt (aka her pjs). When she was a baby I got a bathtub shot of her first bath and I covered her girly parts with a wash cloth! haha

Paula 01-18-2012 11:19 AM

I don't think it's paranoid at all.

SweetMelissa 01-18-2012 11:21 AM

I don't think your paranoid at all. I have some of my kids but I won't post them online and I haven't scrapbooked them. In fact I don't have them saved on my computer. I have them on a photo disk.

tanyiadeskins 01-18-2012 11:23 AM

I do not think it is paranoid either. If people feel free to do it I do not think that is wrong either... I am more of a "do what feels comfortable for you" kind of person. I think the last few bath time pics were when my youngest was 8 and she was almost completely doused in bubbles so I was ok with that.

Joana1n 01-18-2012 12:39 PM

With all of the trash & deviant crap available on the internet, you're absolutely, positively NOT paranoid. I rarely even take photos of my kids in the bath, and when I do, they don't get printed, shared, or even scrapped. Heaven knows I have plenty of other photos documenting pretty much their every move, and if I find myself wanting to create a tubby time layout, I'll do a photo-less layout with lots of journaling.

nanienamou 01-18-2012 12:50 PM

I've never had a problem with that, but I have boys. They are almost always shirtless at home, but the pics I scrap are mostly from the shoulders up. As for bath pics, I think that era is finished around here and I've scrapped them and posted them, but the boys were always covered with bubble bath, so it was not an issue. Anyway, what I'm saying is if it does not feel comfortable to you, then don't post them. :)

jessica31876 01-18-2012 01:24 PM

I dont have many bath pictures because that time period for me was pre-digital cameras but when i take pictures of my daughter at the beach/pool I have a hard time sharing those online. I usually blur the photo if do a layout with them and I share the layout online so I dont think it is paranoid at all.

kim21673 01-18-2012 02:18 PM

I don't think you are paranoid at all. I scrap them but have only posted a few...and either use just head shots or make sure boy parts are covered up!! DH FLIPPED the first time I scrapped a picture of Jason sitting on the potty chair so I have to be really careful!!!

Tracie Stroud 01-18-2012 02:44 PM

I don't think it's paranoid at all! I haven't done any bath lo's either, but if I did, I probably wouldn't post them.

maryinaz 01-18-2012 02:50 PM

Well, I've had bath layouts published in CK and in vendor shows, so I'm not paranoid. Of course, nothing was showing and I have all boys so the topless thing is different. If they were girls, I wouldn't have done it.

LeeAndra 01-18-2012 04:55 PM

I always make sure her cash 'n' prizes are covered if I scrap a bath page even if it's just something temporary so it can be posted online. For some reason, it feels okay for me since she's still in diapers and, therefore, a baby. When she PTs this year, I don't think I will feel comfortable sharing any more bath/naked pictures. I will scrap them if I feel so led and have them printed for our album, but not shared online.

I not only do it for 'paranoid' reasons, but also as a sign of respect for her future self. Who knows how the Internet will be in another 10 years? What if all the sb pages I've ever made and posted of her can show up with the click of a button? I'd hate to embarrass her in front of her preteen and teen friends with something private like that.

heathergw 01-18-2012 05:04 PM

only if it's a CT layout and the kit is bath related but I make sure everything is covered... otherwise, I've done 1st bath layouts and other bath layouts but don't post them in the gallery... they're just in their 1st year scrapbooks.

rach3975 01-19-2012 12:07 AM

I don't think it's paranoid. You're never going to look back and regret not sharing them, but no one can guarantee you the opposite isn't true. I share bath photos of babies and toddlers that don't show anything, but once they get above that age I don't share them. By the time they're 5 or so I don't take any. I still share bathing suit photos of my kids (ages 3, 5, and 8), but I definitely won't do it when they're older.

Kara 01-19-2012 08:23 AM

I feel the same way. I scrap them, but rarely post them.

dailydwellin 01-19-2012 02:43 PM

I don't think it's paranoid at all.

I'm not a fan of posting/scrapping bath pictures either. But if you have some cute pics that you really want to scrap, I would say, so it, but just don't upload to a gallery.

iScrap 01-19-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette (Post 925777)
I scrapbook them but don't post them. I don't think it is it paranoid...

This! My DH would tie me around a tree if I posted them. lolol