Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Long weekend plans? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97373)

tjscraps 06-29-2023 11:58 PM

Long weekend plans?

It's a long weekend here in Canada for Canada Day - I think it's a long weekend in the US as well, although the 4th being on a Tuesday is awkward.

So - any weekend plans? Long weekend or otherwise? We are camping starting tomorrow night until Monday morning - first time we've been able to get out this year, so I'm really looking forward to it.

nietis 06-30-2023 08:32 AM

Our anniversary is on the 2nd, so it'll be a celebratory lunch. *with the kids*
Other than that, just another weekend :)

kristalund 06-30-2023 08:43 AM

We are heading to my mom's cabin near Yosemite to spend the weekend on the lake!

tjscraps 06-30-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1063138326)

Happy anniversary!

tjscraps 06-30-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1063138331)
We are heading to my mom's cabin near Yosemite to spend the weekend on the lake!

That sounds fun! I wish we had a boat or something - we have a camping trailer though, can?t tow both lol

bienejen 06-30-2023 10:38 AM

Nothing firm yet, but looking forward to a 4 day weekend and a couple fireworks shows! Oh, and all the scrapping fun starting tomorrow!

JillW 06-30-2023 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1063138326)

Happy Anniversary Sheryl!!!

JillW 06-30-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

Oh wow, I bet it is beautiful! Yosemite is on our bucket list to visit!!

JillW 06-30-2023 11:20 AM

Relaxing this weekend (and hoping it rains ... we need it badly here!) Monday hope to spend time with our grandkiddos and Tuesday will go to a small town near us that puts on a big 4th celebration.

Scrapcrazy 06-30-2023 11:38 AM

I'm headed down to see my college kid who didn't come home this summer. We will hang in Charleston, SC and have fun shopping and getting our toes done. I'll be home for a chill and grill at our pool for the 4th (assuming it doesn't rain)!

Kiana 06-30-2023 12:33 PM

None for us, since we all work Monday and then back on Wednesday so no long weekend for us. BOOOOOO

lol

Enjoy camping!

MommaTrish 06-30-2023 12:59 PM

No big plans here, just a family cookout and swim on the 4th and then fireworks later at my mom’s.

aussiegirl 06-30-2023 03:38 PM

Sounds like a mix of fun activities for everyone! My husband has to work on Mon, so not quite a long weekend. More of a broken up weekend as everyone is off work on Tues. We have plans to hang out with cousins, hopefully see an airshow. Not fully sure yet. Either way, anytime off from work is good!

aussiegirl 06-30-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

How fun! We are planning to maybe go to Yosemite next May! It's in the works, even though we don't have set dates yet! Never been before, but looking forward to seeing another area of CA!

jacinda 06-30-2023 03:53 PM

Happy Anniversary Sherly!

We have a winter/polar blast coming through, so we're snuggling down at home. It's not a long weekend here, but it is the start of the school holidays, so I'm looking forward to having the next 2 weeks off (I don't work school holidays). I love weekends with no plans. The only thing I have to do is sort my tax return (ugh).

rach3975 06-30-2023 05:12 PM

Today 2 of the kids and I went into DC (30 minute drive) to go to the Smithsonian Museum of American History and walk around on the mall. For the long weekend all 3 kids and I are going to see my family in Connecticut. Long days of driving tomorrow and Tuesday, but we'll have all day Sunday and Monday to see my parents, my brother's family, and some of my sister's family. (DH is staying home, and I've got to admit that I'm so jealous of him having the house to himself for 4 days!)

angels 06-30-2023 05:41 PM

here no long weekend and not much planned, we are in the middle of riots... we just hope that tensions will ease

Kimberly27 06-30-2023 08:11 PM

Nothing big here...Youngest had a championship swim meet today...8am to 1pm in the 100degree heat. HOT!

On the 4th, our little neighborhood is hosting a pancake breakfast for the residents. We will head up the park that morning for pancakes, pastries, balloon animals, bingo and face painting. :)

We leave on Saturday July 08 for vaca!!

lovely1m 06-30-2023 08:31 PM

We are staying home for the holiday and heading up to the north shore of Minnesota after it

3BluEyedBabi 06-30-2023 09:20 PM

No plans here this weekend. My youngest son, who is 13, is spending the weekend with his friend's family at their cabin. This is his first time away for more than one night with someone other than family. He was so excited! My 19 yo daughter (home from college; but never really "home,") is working at a local restaurant all weekend earning "bank," LOL. My hubby is working some overtime this weekend. That just leaves me and my 16 yo son, who will most likely hang out with friends or go fishing most of the weekend. So, really, that just leaves me with not much to do.

tjscraps 07-03-2023 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angels (Post 1063138554)
here no long weekend and not much planned, we are in the middle of riots... we just hope that tensions will ease

Oh no - stay safe! I haven't heard about that, what are the riots about?

wendyp 07-03-2023 03:45 PM

Because there was a teenage boy of 17 shot dead by the police after he didn't wanted to follow the instructions and threatening that he would kill them then tried to drive away and the agent shot him. This happened 5 days ago, and the riots 1-2 days after that

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjscraps (Post 1063138939)
Oh no - stay safe! I haven't heard about that, what are the riots about?

angels 07-03-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyp (Post 1063138940)
Because there was a teenage boy of 17 shot dead by the police after he didn't wanted to follow the instructions and threatening that he would kill them then tried to drive away and the agent shot him. This happened 5 days ago, and the riots 1-2 days after that

You said it all... it's calmed down a bit, a curfew has been set in several cities (including mine) since Saturday night, until tomorrow morning

MamaBee 07-03-2023 06:02 PM

No long weekend for us - my husband only gets the 4th off... it's a German company. We had a cookout with my husband's side of the family on Saturday - did nothing yesterday - Monday, hubby worked and my son coaches tennis this evening. Tomorrow is the 4th - still nothing exciting going on. Our RV (we rent it out when not using it) comes back and we have a day turn around before it goes back out on a rental.

EvelynD2 07-03-2023 06:13 PM

Happy Anniversary, Sheryl! I hope you have a wonderful day! We always took out kids out to eat with us on our anniversary as well! :)

(((Hugs WendyP))). There were riots in downtown Nashville a few years ago. It was terrible. My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to see your town seem to go completely to pieces. I hope there is a resolution soon!

As for our plans, we both had work today, I care for our year old granddaughter so I'm not sure if that constitutes work or not! :). We will go to a cook out at our church tomorrow and then hopefully get home before everyone goes crazy with fireworks. Our dogs get really stressed!

tjscraps 07-03-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyp (Post 1063138940)

Oh wow .... I hope everyone stays safe!