Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD - Zombie Apocalypse - 10.15.15 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82467)

LeeAndra 10-15-2015 10:52 AM

QOTD - Zombie Apocalypse - 10.15.15

The photo threads weren't getting a whole lot of love, so I went back to the basics. ;)

[DISCLAIMER: I do not, nor ever plan to, watch 'The Walking Dead' or any of its spinoffs so I will not get those references if you make them. I don't haz the dumbs; I just don't watch scary/gory/zombie/vampire stuffs.]

It's the zombie apocalypse.

What do you do? Do you survive? Who do you have on your team to help you fend off the zombies? What's your secret trick or weapon for not becomng a zombie?

lovely1m 10-15-2015 11:33 AM

My friend and I have a plan to meet up, he's in Texas so it'll take a bit. I'll hit up a store and get guns and knives, a big truck and head out. He's a sniper so he claims he gets on the team from that and my firing expert isn't nearly as good, but I'll be the medical person cause I don't get grossed out easy. Then we will probably head north cause in world war z (the book) zombies freeze. Yeah, I like zombie stuff. :)

YepBrook 10-15-2015 11:44 AM

No, I do not survive. Let's just face it.

Traci Reed 10-15-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 1062774347)
My friend and I have a plan to meet up, he's in Texas so it'll take a bit. I'll hit up a store and get guns and knives, a big truck and head out. He's a sniper so he claims he gets on the team from that and my firing expert isn't nearly as good, but I'll be the medical person cause I don't get grossed out easy. Then we will probably head north cause in world war z (the book) zombies freeze. Yeah, I like zombie stuff. :)

Aren't you already close to Canada? Seems silly to risk your life going south to Texas only to go back north again. LOL!

For reals, I'd probably die. But we live in the burbs and have a HUGE retaining wall on a hill in our backyard so before it was safe to run, I'd set up pikes. LOL

lovely1m 10-15-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traci Reed (Post 1062774357)
Aren't you already close to Canada? Seems silly to risk your life going south to Texas only to go back north again. LOL!

For reals, I'd probably die. But we live in the burbs and have a HUGE retaining wall on a hill in our backyard so before it was safe to run, I'd set up pikes. LOL

I'm not heading south. Lol. I'll met up with him, but I'm staying up here. you're right, I'm much closer to cold.

KristinCB 10-15-2015 12:29 PM

I would say... please just kill me now nicely and get it over with...

ttt83 10-15-2015 12:49 PM

I love zombie series/movies/stuff. Hehe.

But I guess I would die very soon. I am very sure I would fall while I run and then a zombie catches me.

JenM 10-15-2015 02:20 PM

I don't watch the Walking Dead either. My favorite zombie movie has to be Warm Bodies. My son and I watched it after his school did Romeo and Juliet for Shakespeare Club. I thought he would get a kick out of it. And he did.

I'd love to say I'd make it for awhile but my husband and I aren't the kind to stay inside for long periods of time so we'd probably make it a couple of days and then get cabin fever and get our brains eaten. Maybe I'd be better off as a zombie so at least I can get out and walk around. :)

jumbbumble 10-15-2015 02:22 PM

i think i will not survive it , i am a little scary girl lol but i think my boyfriend kills them all lol he is watching the zombie,s now and that is what he says when we watch the walking dead

LeeAndra 10-15-2015 05:27 PM

I would totally survive. My name means 'Lion Woman,' and she would come out in a big way if people were trying to get me or my kids.

I'd have to ditch DH, though. He would totally slow me down with all the whining and carrying on abt how he was hot or hungry or tired of looking out for zombies. :p

clearskies 10-15-2015 06:47 PM

Considering that my zombie knowledge is limited to I think they eat brains, I would probably be dead pretty quickly. I am okay with that...

stormchaser 10-15-2015 07:03 PM

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don't need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.”
― Max Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

megscottstudio 10-15-2015 11:43 PM

I hope I survive. We have kind of a game plan in our house. We know where to meet up if we get lost, we have our weapons and good supplies ready..

I need to make a list of what items to bring.. and have a bag ready to go!

lovely1m 10-16-2015 12:05 PM

Yes, for someone else quoting Mel Brooks zombie lore!

JennNtheBoys 10-16-2015 02:24 PM

Well, being a blonde society has pegged me as "not having a brain" so I think I'm safe :p LOL Yay me! :D

carrie1977 10-16-2015 03:16 PM

We've got plenty of guns and ammo and a stash of food. We kick some zombie ass!

Neverland Scraps 10-16-2015 04:42 PM

Yikes, I've already decided that should such an apocalypse happen, I'm in a whole lot of trouble! :cursing: How do I survive? I don't. I'll probably be dead within the first 30-minutes of it along with all of my children. The only one with the fighting chance is my middle and possibly my husband. The rest of us--we're wimps! :crying:

marlathrall 10-17-2015 09:50 PM

Yeah. I live in the middle of nowhere on a farm. Seriously rural. We have gas and diesel tanks and my husband loves guns.

I rate my survival pretty stinking high. Now I would still be pretty whiney because I would miss the internet, running water, and my AC, but I don't think I would be zombie food for a while.

bcgal00 10-17-2015 11:29 PM

It's too funny that you are asking this b/c I was just having this convo with my hubs a few days ago (we watch TWD) and I said I would like to be one of the first ones to go b/c I don't want to deal with the whole end of the world as we know it situation and have to fight every day to stay alive.

Sherri Tierney 10-17-2015 11:51 PM

I think it would take a long time for the zombies to reach our area. By then we would have defenses in place...

I don't watch anything zombie related. I'm not much on horror.

staciahall 10-17-2015 11:58 PM

I have seen all of two TWD episodes but both my kids are big fans. As my house is pretty much all windows and doors we joked that we wouldn't last long here. And as I have about 12 cans of food in the house we wouldn't last long eating out of our pantry without supplies.

DawnMarch 10-18-2015 07:10 PM

I am a wimp and would definitely not survive.