Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   As Seen On TV (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37073)

meganmecrazy 12-10-2009 08:38 PM

As Seen On TV

So how many of you out there own any of the "As Seen On TV Items". Thought this would be a fun thing to discuss...what we like and don't like about the stuff! LOL!

I just bought one of those Smooth Away thingys! I have to try it still but it just made me think of starting this thread!

hollyxann 12-10-2009 08:44 PM

I own 2 items.
I have Bumpits...which really do work and I love them.
And the Magic Bullet...again works.

nikkiARNGwife 12-10-2009 08:45 PM

Umm..I have a snuggie :) go ahead.make fun of me..my sisters did and just for that they are both getting zebra print ones for Christmas :)

and I LOVE it! It's great for tv time on the couch :)

oh and the slap n chop..that thing is awesome!

hollyxann 12-10-2009 08:46 PM

Apparently everyone in my family is getting snuggies for Christmas this year. Or at least that's the rumor circulating.

Darcy Baldwin 12-10-2009 08:50 PM

I admit, I just bought a snuggie for my grandmother in the nursing home. It'll be a lot easier for the nursing staff to put that on her than try to put a sweater and blanket on. I was embarrassed to walk out of the store with it.

However, the PedEgg...best thing evah. Truly it is.

But vows never to buy anything that the Sham Wow guy hawks. Just won't do it.

pewtertm 12-10-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganmecrazy (Post 571728)
I just bought one of those Smooth Away thingys! I have to try it still but it just made me think of starting this thread!

Those are fantastic! I don't have one, but my mom does, and I had to borrow it because I forgot my razor last time I visited her. It is one of those things that actually does what it says. I want to get one for myself...just have other things to spend money on right now!

tettletop20 12-10-2009 08:54 PM

PedEgg! Works well!

I'm sure there are some other things but I can't recall at the moment....:blink:

lizzyfizzy 12-10-2009 08:58 PM

i dont have anything as seen on tv. i feel kinda left out.

jessica31876 12-10-2009 09:02 PM

I want one of those brownie trays that make little brownies and one of those pans that make sliders. Hold on I will find them and link back LOL Oh and one of those cooker things that cooks really fast by circulating hot air?

Brownie Pan
slider pan
Flavor Wave

hollyxann 12-10-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica31876 (Post 571737)
I want one of those brownie trays that make little brownies and one of those pans that make sliders. Hold on I will find them and link back LOL Oh and one of those cooker things that cooks really fast by circulating hot air?

Brownie Pan
slider pan
Flavor Wave

I've heard that the brownie thing doesn't work because it sticks really bad and the seal around each brownie isn't very tight. Not sure if any of this is for sure true but it's what I've heard.

WalkersMommy 12-10-2009 09:10 PM

I have Bump Its and the PedEgg. I love both :)

BrattyMeg 12-10-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin (Post 571733)

But vows never to buy anything that the Sham Wow guy hawks. Just won't do it.

My 5yr old asked for one for Christmas lol I saw them @ TRU hehe (I did NOT get her one)

jessica31876 12-10-2009 09:22 PM

really? That is dissappointing because I really wanted one LOL. I have heard some of the girls on here talk about an all edges pan but Ive never seen one of those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyxann (Post 571742)
I've heard that the brownie thing doesn't work because it sticks really bad and the seal around each brownie isn't very tight. Not sure if any of this is for sure true but it's what I've heard.

Angie4b1g 12-10-2009 09:23 PM

I have the brownie pan and it's great! Those "servings" are a tad smaller than I like, though. :D

Love my Ped Egg.

AND LOVE MY SNUGGIE. Although I made my own because I didn't like the color choices. :thumbup:

AnnieBananie 12-10-2009 09:27 PM

I have a Swivel Sweeper... it's FAB! I have the old one... I want the new red one BADLY... mostly because it's red lol :D

meganmecrazy 12-10-2009 09:31 PM

I want one of those brownie pans!!!

OH! Good to hear that the Smooth Aways work! Now I can't wait to try it! BB&B has them on sale for 6 bucks!

junebug 12-10-2009 09:33 PM

i have a pedegg. thought i can't find it, lol. Chloe wants a Snuggie. i wanted to try those smooth away things; maybe i'll pick some up if they really do work!

newfiemountiewife 12-10-2009 09:35 PM

I have a Pedegg and a Slap Chop! :D

My kid can recite the entire Slap Chop commercial and does so every time I take it out. I really love it for cutting up small amounts of veggies. However, you do not need to slap chop tomatoes any more than a couple of times. I totally liquified a tomato the other day LOL

LenaGardner 12-10-2009 09:41 PM

Tab wants a slapchop because of the name. Someone should tell Santa :D

I don't have anything but I did have one of those gopher grabber things for recovering from my last c-section. Then it got broken, but I loved it. I want to get another for recovering from the hysto.

The smooth away thing REALLY works????

junebug 12-10-2009 09:47 PM

i have been eyeing those smooth away thingies but wasn't sure if they work! it'd be great if it does!

digideb 12-10-2009 10:03 PM

Let's see...I'm a sucker for infomercials! LOL & get sucked in. hehe. although I do wait til it comes out in store & is cheaper! lol
Magic Bullet...hate it! Well, it works, but after 6 uses or so, the motor started smoking & you could smell it burning. not worth the money!
PedEgg... :wub: works GREAT!
Snuggie... my best friend! hehe Yes, I love this thing!!! I don't care how stupid I look!
Mighty Putty... amazing stuff!!
Mighty MendIt... works great too!
Hmm...what else. I'll have to think abuot it & get back to ya! lol

Oh, yes, those Debbie Myer (sp?) green bags for your veggies... yeah, those are a joke!

Jennilyn 12-10-2009 10:14 PM

I have a PedEgg and it's awesome! I'm supposed to be getting a Snuggie in the mail and can't wait...I wanna be warm while I'm using my laptop! I tried something similar to those Smooth Away things about 15 years ago and it took the hair away, but left a rash in it's place! I hope they've changed since then.

Tracyfish 12-10-2009 10:20 PM

Swivel Sweeper...loved it for almost two years and then the battery started not staying charged for long, but really I barely took out the real vacuum that whole time. I really want the new one.

Heel-Tastic - the stick for your rough heels...works great when I remember to use it :)

Pasta Express - I have never used it...honestly if I have to heat up the water to put in it anyway, I might as well just cook it in that water in the pot.

I really want to try the Bump Its, but I think my hair is too thin and you would see it through the hair.

I'm sure there is something else I've ordered that I can't remember.

msbrad 12-10-2009 10:25 PM

DD loves the ped egg.

BUT!! we love the g ball!!!
Oh my... does this 10 min kick a** workout ...get you!!! I even met Mitch Gaylord (former olympian, I forget the year, but I was judging womens gymnatics, and he was male) on a tour.

I am amazed as to how this 2 # ball kicks your butt.

Plus.. I've bought other stuff too.

BrattyMeg 12-10-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica31876 (Post 571748)
really? That is dissappointing because I really wanted one LOL. I have heard some of the girls on here talk about an all edges pan but Ive never seen one of those.

http://www.bakersedge.com/ there's the all edge pan :)

Tracie Stroud 12-10-2009 10:36 PM

Ped egg - love it
spacebags - love em
sham wow - piece of crap :)

I used to do proactiv and loved it, but it got to be too expensive so I cancelled.

Kat Stokes 12-10-2009 10:43 PM

We have some of the Sham-Wow cloth thingies.... buried in a cabinet in the garage cause they suck.

Kohl's carries the snuggies! I think they were $14.99

I've also seen the Bump-Its, Ped-Egg and Smooth Away at Target for pretty cheap too. I think I need all three of these... LOL!!!

digideb 12-10-2009 10:46 PM

Oh yes! After reading others posts I thought of more. lol
Swivel Sweeper! Just used mine tonight! Love that thing! lol
Pasta Express...pointless. And, my noodles were still crunchy :thumbdown:
Space Bags... yeah, I'm a dork. I have them but have never used it. lol
Pedipaw...my dog HATED it!
I'm sure there are more. lol

tuneskids 12-10-2009 10:47 PM

I don't have anything, but I am always checking the website to see what's new. lol

hollyxann 12-10-2009 10:48 PM

I bought my bumpits at Sally's for $10. They are tricky at first but I love them.

gypsystar 12-10-2009 10:58 PM

We have a magic bullet and could literally not live without it! Gabriel will only eat pureed food so we use our magic bullet on a daily basis and have done so for the last 3 years and its still going. It's way more efficient than any blender or food processor we ever tried.

digideb 12-10-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsystar (Post 571792)
We have a magic bullet and could literally not live without it! Gabriel will only eat pureed food so we use our magic bullet on a daily basis and have done so for the last 3 years and its still going. It's way more efficient than any blender or food processor we ever tried.

Oh wow! So glad it works so good for y'all! Maybe I just got a bad one. lol

manderin oranges 12-10-2009 11:26 PM

I have the bump its ....... but yup, I have thinner 'top' hair so they look silly. Altho I can get them to look somewhat decent if I wear my hair completely up.... I've never worn them in public, and probably never will LOL ... Im sure Ill end up tossing them!

What I wanna know is if anyone has ever tried those foot pad things that get all black and yucky if you leave them on overnight ... My question is, do you feel less 'toxic' LOL .. because everything Ive heard seems like they are just a huge joke!

~Julie~ 12-10-2009 11:44 PM

I asked for the swivel sweeper G2 for Christmas, I hope my mom got the hint. :) I also want to try the pedegg but embarassed to buy it! LOL

My kids have snuggies but barely use them. They are just so huge on them!

I am such a infomercial junkie, I'm surprised I haven't bought everything that came out!

carrie1977 12-10-2009 11:47 PM

I just bought one of those smooth away thing...I need to try it still.

My hubby loves his Ped Egg....yes, I said hubby.

My daughter wants one of the touch n brush things.

I don't like the bump its....or, I just don't know how to use them.

pewtertm 12-10-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg (Post 571759)
The smooth away thing REALLY works????

Yep, it does...I was shocked. Just rub it (and it's smooth) in circles over your hair and it's gone...super smooth. And no pain...which is a good thing LOL.

Priscilla 12-10-2009 11:49 PM

The brownie pan is ok ---- it made my DS happy....

just make sure you SPRAY it well and put it on a cookie sheet in case of leaks (which is on a warning paper on the box)

Quote:

carrie1977 12-10-2009 11:52 PM

The brownie pan is a lot smaller IRL than it looks on t.v.

Sharon Kay 12-11-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Buy the one from QVC ... I own 2 of them ... I have used them EVERY SINGLE week for brownies, coffee cake (just this morning again), and egg casseroles ... for at least the last ***THREE MONTHS*** ... you do need to spray them with Pam (Pam with flour works best) and I insist on handwashing just in case. ...but they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt! I absolutely just think they are the next best invention to a laptop! (gasp?!) :p ;) :w00t:

I also own the Smooth Away (Stacy suggested)...I have used it a little bit...but am so used to the razor I keep forgetting to use on legs (I have extremely fine hair on my legs that grows slow).

Bought dh the Sham Wow for Father's Day...really liked it when he spilled a coke on our BRAND NEW carpet...boys went running for the Sham Wows and were amazed at how much it soaked up!

Was given the Pedi Paws for Christmas last year but dh still takes the dog to the store for a clip of the nails.

Have the Magic Bullet and use it daily when I am on my diet and drink shakes. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Used to use the Bacon Wave until Sam's Club started carrying precooked bacon....still made a heck of a mess in the microwave but was faster cooking and I didn't get spattered.

Love my Clip Hanger! Great way to hang an MP3 player or cell phone from your dash board...no more slipping off the dashboard or seat onto the floor. Also clips to your belt loop or your purse. Wish I had a new one to use now...broke my old one accidentally.

Hog Dog Toaster is something my middle kid asked for for Christmas one year but then he decided he liked his hot dogs "juicy" and went back to boiling them.

The Ice Cream Ball is cool! Literally! Keeps the kids busy. lol Although I do tend to just make it in an electric one most of the time. My youngest asked for that for birthday one year...and does pull it out about twice a year to use.

I buy Oxi-Clean from Sam's Club....used to use it a lot...stopped buying it for awhile and am back to it again!

We have some kind of pet brush that brushes out the loose under hair and it really does work...just getting someone in the family to "work" it (i.e. comb the dog) is a job in itself. lol

Space Bags have been a bust with us...seems like the 2nd time we use one...it splits at the seam or tears at the nozzle area and has to be thrown away.

We have the QVC version of the Snuggie ... I used a friend's Snuggie one day and found it attracted static too bad ... like the QVC version.

and we have The Clapper ... which I would like the remote one so I could turn on a light downstairs from the top of the stairs and not wake a kid up by clapping. lol

Jeesh I didn't realize we owned so many!

aly321 12-11-2009 12:50 AM

I have a Ped Egg too. LOVE IT when I actually use it.
We also have the Giant Cupcake Cake pan. It is fun!
My kids are the infomercial junkies! My DD who is 6 is always so bummed because she is NOT 18 or older, so she can't get ANYTHING!! :) hehe
We bought Pillow Pets for each of the kids for Christmas. I am sure they will LOVE them. Oh- and I bought some Bendaroos for Christmas too.
I have always wanted to try the Bump Its, but wondered if they really worked. I have pretty thick hair, so maybe I should take the plunge and get some. :)

Sharon Kay 12-11-2009 12:52 AM

Does anyone have the Swivel Sweeper G2??? That one has my curiosity ... wonder if it would pick up "baking flour"? We always seem to drop flour on the floor.

carrie1977 12-11-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon Kay (Post 571815)
Buy the one from QVC ... I own 2 of them ... I have used them EVERY SINGLE week for brownies, coffee cake (just this morning again), and egg casseroles ... for at least the last ***THREE MONTHS*** ... you do need to spray them with Pam (Pam with flour works best) and I insist on handwashing just in case. ...but they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt! I absolutely just think they are the next best invention to a laptop! (gasp?!) :p ;) :w00t:

I also own the Smooth Away (Stacy suggested)...I have used it a little bit...but am so used to the razor I keep forgetting to use on legs (I have extremely fine hair on my legs that grows slow).

Bought dh the Sham Wow for Father's Day...really liked it when he spilled a coke on our BRAND NEW carpet...boys went running for the Sham Wows and were amazed at how much it soaked up!

Was given the Pedi Paws for Christmas last year but dh still takes the dog to the store for a clip of the nails.

Have the Magic Bullet and use it daily when I am on my diet and drink shakes. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Used to use the Bacon Wave until Sam's Club started carrying precooked bacon....still made a heck of a mess in the microwave but was faster cooking and I didn't get spattered.

Love my Clip Hanger! Great way to hang an MP3 player or cell phone from your dash board...no more slipping off the dashboard or seat onto the floor. Also clips to your belt loop or your purse. Wish I had a new one to use now...broke my old one accidentally.

Hog Dog Toaster is something my middle kid asked for for Christmas one year but then he decided he liked his hot dogs "juicy" and went back to boiling them.

The Ice Cream Ball is cool! Literally! Keeps the kids busy. lol Although I do tend to just make it in an electric one most of the time. My youngest asked for that for birthday one year...and does pull it out about twice a year to use.

I buy Oxi-Clean from Sam's Club....used to use it a lot...stopped buying it for awhile and am back to it again!

We have some kind of pet brush that brushes out the loose under hair and it really does work...just getting someone in the family to "work" it (i.e. comb the dog) is a job in itself. lol

Space Bags have been a bust with us...seems like the 2nd time we use one...it splits at the seam or tears at the nozzle area and has to be thrown away.

We have the QVC version of the Snuggie ... I used a friend's Snuggie one day and found it attracted static too bad ... like the QVC version.

and we have The Clapper ... which I would like the remote one so I could turn on a light downstairs from the top of the stairs and not wake a kid up by clapping. lol

Jeesh I didn't realize we owned so many!

Wow! You win! LOL!

carrie1977 12-11-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aly321 (Post 571816)
I have a Ped Egg too. LOVE IT when I actually use it.
We also have the Giant Cupcake Cake pan. It is fun!
My kids are the infomercial junkies! My DD who is 6 is always so bummed because she is NOT 18 or older, so she can't get ANYTHING!! :) hehe
We bought Pillow Pets for each of the kids for Christmas. I am sure they will LOVE them. Oh- and I bought some Bendaroos for Christmas too.
I have always wanted to try the Bump Its, but wondered if they really worked. I have pretty thick hair, so maybe I should take the plunge and get some. :)

My six year old wants it all too! Must be the age.

nesser1981 12-11-2009 08:31 AM

Now, aren't the snugglies really thin?

They had one hanging up at Walgreens and I told DH not to get me one, because I didn't think it would be warm enough.

rachaelsscraps 12-11-2009 08:44 AM

I bought DF a Snuggie for Christmas! lol! Everytime the commercial comes on he says he wants one, so I got him one!

I really want a Magic bullet system to use to make baby food- and I've been looking for this circle thing you put your bra in to put in the wash so the cup doesn't get all crinkly. I saw it at KMart one time and didn't get it then, but I haven't seen it since and wish I got it! Darn it! :p

nikkiARNGwife 12-11-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 571850)
Now, aren't the snugglies really thin?

They had one hanging up at Walgreens and I told DH not to get me one, because I didn't think it would be warm enough.

They are thin but they're fleece and very warm..DH would kill me if he knew I told you but he likes to steal mine when he's in his lazy-boy...they really keep you warm lol

Stacey42 12-11-2009 09:19 AM

I have space bags but they never seal properly for me. And they get tiny holes in them easily.

I have a Meatloaf pan, which is so old in infomercial land they no longer advertise it but you can find them at Target online & Amazon. It's also known as the low fat meatloaf pan.

I want to get smooth away but have held off until I heard it actually works

digideb 12-11-2009 10:09 AM

Forgot about oxiclean too! That stuff is amazing! I can't imagine doing laundry w/out it!!

hollyxann 12-11-2009 10:14 AM

We have oxi-clean too...totally forgot about that one.

Darcy Baldwin 12-11-2009 10:15 AM

OH! I forgot, we did buy bendaroos for the boys for stocking stuffers.