Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad news (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85281)

ellasspace 08-29-2016 02:08 PM

Sad news

Doug's surgery did not work :( the cronic pain continues obviously the nerve damage was in another spot and we are back to square one. This past month has been so depressing and stressful
on our whole family. His pain issues have changed our life a lot, we haven't been able to travel in 4 years as he can not sit without severe pain for more then 2 hours at a time. He now has a stand up desk at work but now feels pain in legs too by end of the day as he is on his feel non stop. I worry about him becoming depressed constantly but he is a strong person and has been an inspiration to me seeing him live this way daily. The stress has become overwhelming and I feel the need to focus on him and his health and our family right now so I am cutting back to less then a handful of teams and have notified those I am staying with and stepping down from. A really tough decision for me as it is both stress relief and stressful at the same time. I hope still scrapping some can be an outlet for me though this as we move forward. We are not giving up and will continue to seek options hoping someday he can be pain free again. Thank you ALL for your support and prayers it means so much ❤️ Ella

tammybean04 08-29-2016 03:12 PM

Ella, Doug and you are in my thoughts, hon. Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts. I hope that they are able to find away for Doug to be pain free. So sorry his surgery didn't work the way you guys had hoped for.

rach3975 08-29-2016 03:15 PM

I'm so sorry! I hope you're able to find something that relieves his pain soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

breakingbrie 08-29-2016 03:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear, Ella. Wiley has been living with nerve damage since a pair of surgeries he had in '07. He's tried a lot of medications and other procedures. He's currently trying battlefield acupuncture - and it is providing some relief, but not enough to really be a solution. I hope he can find some relief, I know it's a game changer and hard on everyone. Thinking of you guys (hugs)

lovely1m 08-29-2016 03:58 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. I have a friend that has been living with chronic pain for, I believe, 6 years now; her cause was finally figured out and after 6 months of working on it, her life is coming back to her. I hope they can figure out the same for your husband.

YepBrook 08-29-2016 04:31 PM

I am so sorry!!! You guys will be in my prayers. I can't even imagine the frustration and difficulty of chronic pain. :( (((HUGS)))

carrie1977 08-29-2016 04:37 PM

Oh Ella, I am so sorry to hear that his surgery didn't work. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs!

Valgal 08-29-2016 05:16 PM

Oh no! I can't even imagine what that would be like. I'm so, so sorry!!!

Keely~B 08-29-2016 05:28 PM

I'm so sorry you're traveling such a rough road. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

mrsashbaugh 08-29-2016 05:38 PM

Sending you virtual hugs Ella! I hope you all can find a relief for Doug that will help him!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sweeet 08-29-2016 06:25 PM

((((Ella))))) I'm thinking of you honey and will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and that door will open one day for a solution that will be the answer to all this. ***huge hugs***:hugs:

icindi 08-29-2016 06:39 PM

I'm so sorry the surgery did not help relieve Doug's pain. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

ellasspace 08-29-2016 08:28 PM

Thanks everyone we are not giving up on a pain free life for him is just too important to us. I plan to still scrap a bit but realize my heart has to be with him most right now, you are all so sweet and this group and scrapping helps me through my stress. Thank you again for all your prayers and thoughts with us.

Valgal 08-29-2016 08:58 PM

(((hugs)))

Lyd 08-29-2016 09:11 PM

I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable, and I can't imagine how stressful it is for the whole family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

nietis 08-29-2016 09:53 PM

Oh Ella... My heart is broken for you, Doug & your family :( I pray for comfort, strength and miracles for your whole family! HUGS!

Suzs 08-29-2016 11:11 PM

So sorry to hear that the surgery didn't work. Hopefully you will find something that will help to relive his pain.

My Mum had a procedure done that froze some of the nerves in her back to relive her chronic pain. She was completely debilitated for years (couldn't sit or lay down) and now she is doing great. She travels the world and is constantly hiking somewhere or going up multiple staircases to get a better view. Keep looking for an answer for your hubby. Mum had to see so many different doctors before one was able to help, but it was so worth it.

JMC1988 08-30-2016 12:14 AM

Oh no! So sorry Ella.
Continued thoughts and prayers.

bcgal00 08-30-2016 02:22 AM

So sorry to hear that. I really hope something can help him. Prayers and hugs sent.

immaculeah 08-30-2016 10:10 AM

Sorry to hear this. Hoping and praying you'll find a doctor who can help with his problem. ((cyber hugs))

robinsismai 08-30-2016 01:10 PM

So sorry that you are having to go through this Ella. Will keep you all in my prayers.

crystalbella77 08-30-2016 01:16 PM

I am so so sorry Ella! :( You guys are in my thoughts and prayers soooo much! I think cutting back is the right thing to do right now but I am glad you aren't giving up scrapping completely. Let me know if there is anything I can do or if you just want a bit of a break you're always welcome to come see me <3 HUGS!

bexy 08-30-2016 04:18 PM

Lots of love and prayers Ella - this is so hard!!! I really hope that an answer can be found soon for all of you!!

Saar 08-31-2016 12:27 AM

So sorry to hear this Ella. Big hug to you. Hang in there!

shunnstergirl 08-31-2016 02:46 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this, Ella! I hope you can find something that will help! Hugs!

scrap2day 08-31-2016 11:53 PM

I'm so sorry. Sending prayers.

DreamBig 09-01-2016 03:09 PM

Big, big hugs! I am proud of you for putting family first. I hope he finds the relief he needs.

ellasspace 09-01-2016 03:21 PM

Thanks everyone, yes we have been seeing DR's for years but thank you both Sandy and Susan you both threw out ideas we haven't explored yet and will look into. I LOVE this community and the support you all give!!

DawnMarch 09-01-2016 03:38 PM

So sorry he is still having so much pain. It must be so frustrating and upsetting for your family! We have a very good friend who stands most of the day for similar reasons. He never makes a big deal about it but every time we're at dinner or something and he just stands up for a while, I feel so bad knowing that he must be in pain. :(