Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dating LOs (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90872)

craftytam 05-31-2019 01:18 AM

Dating LOs

Haha! That title could have so many meanings! :p

The first time I had LOs printed, I showed my mom, and she asked where the dates were.

It was a valid question. I have old scrapbooks from my Grandparents that don't have dates, and it would help so much to know when the photos were taken. So I've been adding a date since then. Mostly month & year. I try to put it in a creative spot, so it doesn't always stand out.

My question is... do you put a date on your LOs?

joelsgirl 05-31-2019 01:37 AM

I do, for the most part, try to date my layouts. : ) But I also do a lot of bound albums by year, so I don't feel the need to date those as much.

ChristineF 05-31-2019 02:08 AM

When I remember [emoji85] I try to hide it so it isn’t so obvious on my LO though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saar 05-31-2019 02:12 AM

For my year album, I always date my pages.
For my vacation albums, I only date the first page of that day, since I will be having more pages from the same day and I add them chronologically in my album.

If I have journal on my pages, I start my journal with the date. If I have no journal, I add them somewhere where they don't stand out.

cherrygutz 05-31-2019 02:20 AM

I always try to remember to put the details (date and place) as much as possible, so that when I check the layout (again) I know or will remember where and when it was taken.

jacinda 05-31-2019 02:59 AM

Yep, I always date my layouts. Sometimes I put it in a subtle place, but mostly I don't try to hide it.

wendyp 05-31-2019 03:18 AM

i date my layouts since 2014, and put the date in a spot weren't you don;t see it in one look

nietis 05-31-2019 03:39 AM

I do all the time. :) Sometimes subtly, sometimes very obviously. I don't really mind for it being obvious.

knittingbec 05-31-2019 05:05 AM

Almost always! Sometimes I put it at the end of my journaling, sometimes I put it on a "file tab" or something. *Maybe* there are a couple Disney pages that I haven't dated, but the plan is for that trip's pages to be in one book in chronological order.
Just a couple days ago, I was working on a page about my daughter's last day of our pre-preschool playgroup & I felt like I "should" be adding the date to it, even though there's another dated LO about the same day, and even though there's a picture of a flyer with the date & location of the event on it.

Ponytails 05-31-2019 05:36 AM

Always. I find an inconspicuous place to put it so it doesn't stand out.

Amanda Yi 05-31-2019 06:08 AM

When I know the date I'll put it in the LO somewhere, usually at the edge of a paper or near the photo itself.

allyanne 05-31-2019 06:09 AM

Sometimes, but I always arrange my photobooks in chronological order, and they're in dated yearly albums, so I don't see the need. If I'm doing something from a while ago, though, I date it.

icindi 05-31-2019 08:03 AM

I don’t usually date pages. I do big events, like graduation or engagement or the like. I do put them in albums by year. Reading this I’m thinking I probably should date them though. When I pull pages to make my kids’ 21 album it might be helpful to have dates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LynnZant 05-31-2019 08:10 AM

Always. Even in my vacation albums.

kristalund 05-31-2019 08:22 AM

I date every single layout :)

Kiana 05-31-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062961771)
Sometimes subtly, sometimes very obviously. I don't really mind for it being obvious.

I do try for the most part now. and sometimes obvious, most times it's obvious though.

kim21673 05-31-2019 08:50 AM

Yep....I always put a date on my layouts!

aussiegirl 05-31-2019 09:12 AM

Yes! I organize my finished layouts by month and year, so that when I go to print they are all together. When I paper scrapped, my mom always placed dates on the individual pages, and it is a habit that I just took over from her. I guess I like it so that my layouts can stand alone with a date should they get seperated from the other photos from that time.

For trips, it helps me to figure out what photos are from which day. (that and what everyone is wearing! I've been known to write down who wore what each day, so it's easier to organize).

SeattleSheri 05-31-2019 09:47 AM

I almost always date my pages. I have a couple ways I do it.

1. Directly on the background - usually on the lower right of canvas or tucked under the main contents
2. On a date tag - I love those tags hanging from strings for dating

Here are some examples:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...Beast.jpg?9462

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...pages8_750.jpg

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ainbow_750.jpg

LeeAndra 05-31-2019 09:47 AM

Yes, I date my layouts. We like to go out to eat, to the movies, to the beach for a moonlit stroll... :p:p:p

MamaBee 05-31-2019 11:11 AM

Always... and if it's a memory, I will also add, journaled on date.

bcgal00 05-31-2019 12:19 PM

Not always but I do try to remember to add them now. Last yr I got a box of really old family photos and we can guess but don't know what year a lot are from. Back then they sometimes wrote the date on the back of the photo and when I was going thru them it made me realize that I should be adding dates to my pages so family that look in yrs to come will know.

craftytam 05-31-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeAndra (Post 1062961810)
Yes, I date my layouts. We like to go out to eat, to the movies, to the beach for a moonlit stroll... :p:p:p

Bahahahaha!! As I typed the title, that was one thing I thought :D

britaneejean 05-31-2019 02:44 PM

Always.

craftytam 06-01-2019 12:25 AM

I'm so glad to hear that you all do date. I just came across an old photo that had minimal information written in the album or on the back of the photo. It said "Mother at Shaw Garden 1916". I assume from the album that it is my Great-Great-Grandmother, but that's all I've got. My Grandma didn't leave us a lot of information about her family, so it's a matter of trying to piece things together.

karlimarie 06-02-2019 01:10 AM

Not always. I don't always bother if I'm doing a 'just for fun' layout or an AAM layout, or layouts for certain challenges. And sometimes I forget altogether. But, when the date seems significant, I include it.

Neverland Scraps 06-05-2019 04:50 PM

I always date my layouts, in places you might not notice they are there--whether changing my opacity and blend modes, or including it on a journal tab, etc. Because we also move around so much, I always include a location so we can recall where we were living (or visiting) on that page.

craftytam 06-05-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062961940)
Not always. I don't always bother if I'm doing a 'just for fun' layout or an AAM layout, or layouts for certain challenges. And sometimes I forget altogether. But, when the date seems significant, I include it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062962221)
I always date my layouts, in places you might not notice they are there--whether changing my opacity and blend modes, or including it on a journal tab, etc. Because we also move around so much, I always include a location so we can recall where we were living (or visiting) on that page.

It's so funny that you ladies posted one after the other, and are SO different! :p

After going through so many photos from my Grandparents, the one thing that has stood out to me is that the dates are important. Even names of people and places are important. Since both of my Grandparents are gone now, there's nobody who knows a lot about their early married life. My mom can identify most of the people in the photos, but without her help, I'd never be able to.

lovely1m 06-05-2019 10:05 PM

Most of them get dates, yes. For the same reason, it's so easy to forget the when it happened.

Sherri Tierney 06-09-2019 12:09 AM

Always! If there isn't a photo I usually put a journaling date. The only time I don't date something would be if I am scrapping something generic for a CT layout or something. That has happened very rarely in the past. I hide my dates a lot, but I put them there!