Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sonic Java Chillers (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42288)

Libby Pritchett 05-07-2010 03:08 PM

Sonic Java Chillers

I have a confession to make. I'm completely and utterly addicted to the Caramel Java Chillers from Sonic.

Now this is huge for me because I've always been grossed out by the thought of any flavored coffees or coffee-flavored ice creams or desserts. A friend had one though, and I tried a sip. I was hooked immediately. Now I can't get enough.

I just finished one, and I'm going to force myself to wait AT LEAST a week before I have another. I do NOT need the calories, but they're soooooo good!

mdb21 05-07-2010 03:13 PM

You're not alone in that addiction. Only I take it a step further and get the Mocha Caramel Java Chiller. Sooo amazingly yummy. Sonic rocks.

Nikki Epperson 05-07-2010 03:26 PM

I <3 the hazelnut one ♥

it's a really bad addiction!

jessica31876 05-07-2010 03:28 PM

I dont do coffee but I love the blue coconut freezer things there.

nikkiARNGwife 05-07-2010 03:28 PM

Mee...tooo...I just had one yesterday and could even go for one right now :)

Nutmeg 05-07-2010 04:02 PM

I love them too, especially the Mocha Java Chiller...now I'm tempted to go get one. Probably not a good thing there's a Sonic literally down the street.

BrattyMeg 05-07-2010 04:39 PM

I love sonic ice

with a little diet dr pepper added yummmmmmmmmm

Jengerbread88 05-07-2010 05:28 PM

All of the Java Chillers are sooo yummy! :) And addicting!

But.. I'm a coffee addict ;)

Heather Roselli 05-07-2010 07:06 PM

I love any kind of iced coffee I think, but I haven't tried the ones at Sonic yet...might have to stop by there this weekend...Mother's Day treat, right? hehe

sarahbhb 05-07-2010 10:43 PM

LOL we went to get DD's hair cut tonight and the lady cutting her hair was telling us about how there is a sonic right down the road from where she lives.......we are so going there soon! Haven't been to Sonic since we were in Arkansas in December...and was over a year before that.

I am so not a huge fan of iced coffees/ice cream or flavored coffees but DH is so I may try a sip of his since I'm pretty sure he'll get one when we go...maybe I'll like it. LOL that's really all I need though is an addiction that takes an hour drive there and back to feed.

joelsgirl 05-08-2010 02:17 AM

I hope they still have them when we get back! Sounds yum!

nikkiARNGwife 05-08-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 654433)
I hope they still have them when we get back! Sounds yum!

I'm sure they will..they've been selling them a couple of years now I know b/c I used to buy them when I was pregnant lol

lovely1m 05-08-2010 09:19 AM

where's the kicking the dirt smiley? we don't have a sonic and it totally sucks. When I was in TX 2 years ago, we went as often as possible.

Darcy Baldwin 05-08-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat (Post 654123)
I love sonic ice

with a little diet dr pepper added yummmmmmmmmm

I'm still working on kickin' the coke addiction (haven't had one since the beginning of Lent! :thumbup:) but did switch to a half and half sweet tea with sonic ice...almost just as good! Sonic ice rocks. We even buy a bag to keep in the freezer now and again since we don't have an ice maker LOL

BrattyMeg 05-08-2010 10:15 AM

hah DH had to buy it weekly for me when I was pregnant with Teaghan

Jengerbread88 05-08-2010 12:55 PM

The only thing I'm mad at sonic about right now, is they had this awesome salad for YEARS that had black beans, and corn, and salsa and the such in it... and they discontinued it a few months ago.

But their coffees are great! Actually, several years ago, I got an invitation to be on a market research panel for coffee tasting. They gave us samples of 3 different coffees and asked us to rate which ones we preferred. At the END of the study, they told us which coffee was which, but not until after they collected our papers (so we couldn't change our answers).
My first choice in all categories (we had a selection of flavours of both iced and hot) was Sonic :) My second choice was McDonalds, and my least favourite was Starbucks (which doesn't surprise me- I hate hate hate Starbucks coffee, but a lot of people were actually really mad to find out they hated Starbucks, because the thing was in a really upscale part of town where there are like... 60 starbucks... and these were people who paid to go to starbucks 1-2 times a day.... so it was funny to see that when they take the name away, they really don't like it!)
Anyway, I thought it was awesome because I got paid $75 to sit for an hour drinking coffee!

Heather Roselli 05-08-2010 08:05 PM

Damn you Libby!

So we went by Sonic today and I got a java chiller and the kids got grilled cheese sandwiches...When we got home I was helping to get all their trash, etc out of the car when my caramel mocha java chiller fell to the concrete garage floor! I had had a few sips, but there was more than 3/4 of it left. I picked it up as fast as I could, hoping to save some, but the bottom broke out even so what was left in there dripped out when I picked it up!

Well, at least ingestion of some calories was avoided, right??!!LOL

jessica31876 05-08-2010 08:11 PM

Darcy do you have AM/PM stores or Publix or even BP's near you? They all have the same ice as Sonic's does. At least by us they do. My husband fills a 64 ounce cup for me almost everyday at the AM/PM. They dont charge him. Just laugh and call him the iceman. I eat it all. the. time. Love ice chips :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin (Post 654509)
I'm still working on kickin' the coke addiction (haven't had one since the beginning of Lent! :thumbup:) but did switch to a half and half sweet tea with sonic ice...almost just as good! Sonic ice rocks. We even buy a bag to keep in the freezer now and again since we don't have an ice maker LOL

4noisyboys 05-09-2010 02:19 AM

You guys need to stop!! I am going to put weight on just by reading this! I want to go to Sonic now!

clearskies 05-09-2010 02:35 AM

Mean Libby. Just mean. It's a 6 day drive to the nearest Sonic... :thumbdown: :p