Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SMA Awareness (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16299)

Kim 09-30-2008 06:31 PM

SMA Awareness

I am so excited about this. This petition was started a few months ago with a goal of 10,000 signatures. It quickly met that mark and now they raised their goal to 50,000 and they are halfway there!

My son Sayre passed away from Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1 in 2005. I now have a healthy son named Seth. I go in and out of being proactive in keeping Sayre's memory alive. Anyways, I am back IN the groove and wanted to promote this petition.

It doesnt take much time to sign and they dont ask for anything but just basic info for the petition and it would be helping a great cause. I totally appreciate it!
:wub:

http://www.petitiontocuresma.com/

scrappychic 09-30-2008 06:49 PM

I'm so sorry about your son, what a horrible disease. Just signed it.

amystoffel 09-30-2008 08:00 PM

I just signed it. And I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for bringing our attention to this petition. {{hugs}}

Jennifer 09-30-2008 08:26 PM

Kim, do you know if you can sign it twice? I signed ages ago and was wondering if I can do it again.

*Kelly* 09-30-2008 08:32 PM

Kim.. I'm off to sign the petition. I think this is a wonderful way to bring attention to the disease/syndrome and to honor the memory of your son. There are so many diseases/syndromes that take the lives of children I (and the public) have never heard of.. including the placental disease called Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (*links on my blog with info if anyone is interested*) that took the life of my identical twin boys @ 27 weeks in 2004. There are organizations/foundations raising money for research, but it seems if someone famous hasn't dealt with this syndrome, then it doesn't reach the media and public like it should. *Sorry for the personal rant*

I wish you lots of luck in reaching your goal of 50,000 signatures.

joelsgirl 09-30-2008 09:02 PM

I, too, am sorry you lost your son. I signed the petition in his memory.

Alinalitas 09-30-2008 09:05 PM

signed. And I'm very sorry about Sayre.

rach3975 09-30-2008 09:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your son! What a worthwhile cause--I just signed.

CA Dreamer 09-30-2008 09:41 PM

Hi
I signed it. I am so sorry about Sayre.

And, Kelly, about your twins.

Oh, it makes my heart ache. You are both amazing women.

Kim 09-30-2008 10:16 PM

Thanks girls I appreciate the support!

Jen, I dont know about signing twice. I only did it once myself.

And Kelly, I am so sorry for your losses. My husband's best friend nearly lost his twin's from Twin-Twin. You definitely dont ever know about these not so rare things until it hits close to home.

mommy2aria06 09-30-2008 10:22 PM

I did this already hun! What a great cause to bring up here!

Mama-to-Elle 10-01-2008 12:12 AM

I've already signed, and you know how sorry I am about Sayre's passing, but I just wanted to say Im so happy that you brought it up here, and so happy so many are signing!! ((((HUGS))))

Becca Bonneville 10-01-2008 01:41 AM

I have signed too! Just wanted to let you and Kelly know how sorry for your losses I am!! ((hugs)) girls!

~Julie~ 10-01-2008 09:56 AM

Im sorry for your loss. I signed the petition

Shawna 10-01-2008 08:26 PM

I just signed as well, so sorry about the loss of your baby boy Kim {{hugs}}

And Kelly I remember reading about your baby boys on your blog several months ago. My little nieces were born last November at 30wks due to twin to twin transfusion and will be turning 1 soon. Whenever they get to come visit from TX I always think of your little boys when I see them, {{{hugs}} to you too.