Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

Collevi 09-08-2018 11:33 AM

Hi!,
I'm a newbie to this community too!
I'm a 38 year old "stay at home" mom of 2 boys (5 & 7,5 yrs) and live in the Netherlands. Hope to find a lot of inspiration and challenges to join! ;)

BevG 09-08-2018 01:46 PM

I am new here too. Would love to leave some love but am not seeing a comment box on people's layouts. I think I need 5 forum posts first??? If so, here is one...

BevG 09-08-2018 01:51 PM

Hmm - is the requirement count 10? If so, maybe this will make it work...

BevG 09-08-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevG (Post 1062929496)
Hmm - is the requirement count 10? If so, maybe this will make it work...

yeah! Now it works since I logged off and back on. Thanks for letting me post to get my count up.:)

Scrumptious 10-06-2018 03:56 AM

Hello, all, I can't remember if I've perhaps introduced myself in the past, so apologies if this is my second hello :) My name is Violet, I'm a digi scrapper and designer and I'm excited to be joining you this weekend - I've been scrapping for about 7 years, and for every other DSD weekend I've had school or another major commitment, so this is the first time I'll be free to join in the fun!

I was primarily a pocket scrapper for many years, and only used pocket designs, mostly designs I made myself, but for the past couple years I've been branching out into traditional layouts and time after time SSD is the store that has the designs I love the best! So I'm a longtime shopper who is new to the forums. I look forward to joining you during this DSD weekend and beyond!

Saar 10-06-2018 03:57 AM

Hi Violet! Welcome to SSD. Enjoy DSD. We have lots of stuff going on this weekend. Have fun!

Libby Pritchett 10-06-2018 12:49 PM

Hi Violet! So glad you're joining us! You may still notice some weird things in the forum until you reach 10 posts simply due to some spam filters we have in place. But if you jump in, leave some comments in the gallery, or play along in some of our DSD fun, you'll have your post count up quickly. Everything should resolve itself.

Welcome to SSD! :)

scraptraci 10-07-2018 02:18 PM

hi, i am traci, i have been a shopper on the site for a while but am just now getting involved in the challenges etc. i live in Chicago suburbs and have a HS freshman, boy. I started as a paper scrapper and have been doing digi for a few years.

Libby Pritchett 10-07-2018 07:02 PM

Hi Traci! So glad you're here with us! Looks like you should be all set since you have more than 10 posts now. Welcome to SSD!

Route66 10-07-2018 11:05 PM

Hi everyone, I am new here too. Hope to be able to post soon but am struggling with how to navigate the site and how to post. Could you point me in the correct section to learn how? Thanks!

Libby Pritchett 10-08-2018 12:05 AM

Welcome to SSD!

I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in! You may still notice some restrictions until you have 10 posts. Those will go away on their own (we have some built-in spam filters in place).

Here is a tutorial on how to post images.

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...-in-the-forum/

If you still have questions, feel free to start a thread asking in the main forum. This thread doesn't get checked as frequently, so if you post a specific question as a new thread, you're likely to get a faster answer. :)

So glad you've joined us!

Vargschick 10-08-2018 06:48 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm newish here, but have been a lurker for a long time! Thought it might be fun to participate. :)

Libby Pritchett 10-08-2018 11:20 PM

Welcome! We're happy to have you! We have some spam filters in place, but I've changed your settings now, so you should be able to make yourself at home. You may notice things are still a little wonky til you have 10 posts, but you can get those quickly by leaving a little love in the gallery.

Welcome to SSD!

Vargschick 10-08-2018 11:46 PM

Thank you!

HappyMama 10-17-2018 03:49 PM

Today is my first time posting in the gallery (or at all here). I received some comments on a photo and wanted to reply, but can’t. I’m trying to fumble my way around here... 😳🤣

Libby Pritchett 10-17-2018 04:55 PM

So glad you're joining us! We have some spam filters in place, but I went in and changed your permissions. You should be able to reply in the gallery now!

You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but if you'll leave some comments in the gallery, that'll bump your count up quickly.

Welcome to SSD! So glad you're here!

HappyMama 10-17-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062934124)
So glad you're joining us! We have some spam filters in place, but I went in and changed your permissions. You should be able to reply in the gallery now!

You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but if you'll leave some comments in the gallery, that'll bump your count up quickly.

Welcome to SSD! So glad you're here!

Thank you, Libby. :)

Agui11 12-06-2018 05:48 PM

Hi! I'm excited to join your community. Question: Am I able to post my pages in the gallery? TIA

Libby Pritchett 12-06-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agui11 (Post 1062937429)
Hi! I'm excited to join your community. Question: Am I able to post my pages in the gallery? TIA

Hi there! Welcome!

We have some spam filters in place. I've changed your permissions, but you may notice some odd things until you have 10 posts. You can bump that count up quickly by commenting in the gallery. If you can't post in the gallery now, you should be able to after 10 posts.

modgee 12-07-2018 02:20 AM

Hi I am new here :) I did post a page this evening, but I cannot see a place to leave comments on gallery pages..I'm hoping to spend more time here, I was a CTM for Kimeric Kreations...she passed away about 4months now, and I still miss her like crazy, we were besties for a dozen years...I also was on store CT at TDC...gone now too...This is the first page I have scrapped for fun since Kim's passing, so I hope you all like it...I chose a kit from Red Ivy - Sparkling Winter and it is wonderful, just what I needed to get back on track a little bit...I love lots of designers here and can't wait to play with more stuff :) I live in Ontario Canada and have five grandkids I love to scrap :)

Libby Pritchett 12-07-2018 02:34 AM

Hi modgee! I'm so glad you're joining us. I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet friend. While I didn't know her personally, I know she was a big part of the digi scrapping community. <3

Please settle in and make yourself at home. I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to leave some comments in the gallery now. Once you have 10 posts (and gallery comments do count), all other restrictions should be automatically lifted.

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

Saar 12-07-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modgee (Post 1062937471)
Hi I am new here :) I did post a page this evening, but I cannot see a place to leave comments on gallery pages..I'm hoping to spend more time here, I was a CTM for Kimeric Kreations...she passed away about 4months now, and I still miss her like crazy, we were besties for a dozen years...I also was on store CT at TDC...gone now too...This is the first page I have scrapped for fun since Kim's passing, so I hope you all like it...I chose a kit from Red Ivy - Sparkling Winter and it is wonderful, just what I needed to get back on track a little bit...I love lots of designers here and can't wait to play with more stuff :) I live in Ontario Canada and have five grandkids I love to scrap :)

Welcome to SSD!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find a new home and some new friends here. :wub:

jimkito 12-07-2018 12:10 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just want to welcome sweetshoppecommunity members. Hope you are doing well.

Kiana 12-07-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimkito (Post 1062937499)
Hi everyone. I'm new here and just want to welcome sweetshoppecommunity members. Hope you are doing well.

Welcome!!!

modgee 12-07-2018 05:37 PM

Hi Libby...thank you so much for having me...I can't wait to take a proper look around and hopefully settle in :)
My real name is Anita...forum/gallery name is modgee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062937473)
Hi modgee! I'm so glad you're joining us. I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet friend. While I didn't know her personally, I know she was a big part of the digi scrapping community. <3

Please settle in and make yourself at home. I've changed your forum permissions, so you should be able to leave some comments in the gallery now. Once you have 10 posts (and gallery comments do count), all other restrictions should be automatically lifted.

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

christiesecho 12-12-2018 06:17 PM

Hi - I am a complete newbie to forums and I am having some trouble. First, I'd like to change my posting name but I can't seem to find a way to do that and I am having trouble posting pictures even though I follow the video exactly. Please help. I am very excited to join your community.
Thanks

Libby Pritchett 12-12-2018 08:03 PM

Hi there!

In order to change your username, you can send me a private message with the name you'd like to change to. I'll have to fix it behind the scenes for you.

I fixed your layout in the breathe thread. You had it linked with the URL to the page in the gallery as opposed to the actual image in the gallery. Your copied URL should end in "jpg" or "jpeg".

Here's what the code for your layout would look like (except take out all the spaces... I just added them in so you could see the code):

[IMG ]https: //www. sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/ data/500/0B6C0AB0-8C09-4FCF-8939-589182CF5C90.jpeg[ /IMG]

heroscraps 12-13-2018 04:05 AM

Hi

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum, but I noticed my registration in the gallery was in 2007! Ha! I don't think I ever posted anything back then. I am still learning how to do that now! I spend much more time shopping than I do chatting. I am trying to find more time for my scrapping as it has taken a back seat to the rest of life. I want to make it more of a priority in 2019!

karen_p 12-13-2018 06:45 AM

Hi from a newbie

Hi I'm Karen, have just discovered your site and loving exploring it. I've been digital scrapping for around 10 years now and still learning lots.

I live in Melbourne Australia and looking forward to a summery Christmas.

Libby Pritchett 12-14-2018 11:10 AM

Hi ladies! Welcome to SSD!

Gypsygurl 12-15-2018 09:49 AM

Happy Saturday Ladies,
New here and don't know a soul. I'm still pretty new to all the digi scrapping and love it. On a new journey this year and loving life. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Robin

Clovergreen 12-15-2018 05:29 PM

New to posting in the forum or gallery.

Hi,
started the Hygge challenge. Just making sure I am following the rules. Thank you.

GraceJ 12-17-2018 04:13 AM

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I'm a real person.
I'm pondering if there are someway that I can edit the images that I upload to the gallery. I made a layout, but when I read again the instructions I've found I missed the central point of the requirements, so I re-do my layout and I'd like to delete or edit the previous layout, but I haven't found the way :(
Also, I would like to comment in someone else layouts, but I can't find the way
Thank you so much for having me, love being part of this site

Laure 12-17-2018 10:04 AM

Hello!
I'm new here and I'm a real person. I wanted to leave some comment on some gallery's layout, but it seems that I'm not allowed to do such a thing yet :)
And thanks for the place!

Libby Pritchett 12-19-2018 03:17 AM

Hi ladies. I apologize for the delay in getting your permissions changed here. My computer died last week, and I'm waiting for parts to get it fixed. I'm trying to work from my ancient phone, but that isn't as easy as I'd hoped! At any rate, I've got you fixed up, so you should all be able to play along in the challenges! Welcome to SSD!

antebellum 12-28-2018 01:38 PM

Hello everyone ~ I've lurked off and on here for some time but thought I would finally pop in the forums and say hi! I'm usually pretty busy as a designer but I like to find downtime for scrapping too. Hoping to get some time to participate in the challenges at some point. And looking forward to "meeting" everyone here. :)

Libby Pritchett 12-28-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antebellum (Post 1062940504)
Hello everyone ~ I've lurked off and on here for some time but thought I would finally pop in the forums and say hi! I'm usually pretty busy as a designer but I like to find downtime for scrapping too. Hoping to get some time to participate in the challenges at some point. And looking forward to "meeting" everyone here. :)

Hi there! Welcome to SSD!

knittingbec 01-01-2019 11:35 AM

Hi! I've been shopping here for a long time, but have never posted until now! My desire to scrapbook has recently been rekindled and I'm looking forward to keeping that motivation going by getting involved in the community here! :)

Libby Pritchett 01-01-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062940890)
Hi! I've been shopping here for a long time, but have never posted until now! My desire to scrapbook has recently been rekindled and I'm looking forward to keeping that motivation going by getting involved in the community here! :)

Hi there! We're so glad you decided to jump in and join us! I've changed your forum permissions, so feel free to make yourself at home. You may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but that will correct itself. An easy way to bump your post count up is commenting in the gallery. :)

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

CarolynK 01-27-2019 11:38 PM

Hi Robin

I can't edit my post in the Passport to Tomorrow challenges to include the new layouts I've done - could I have my permissions increased to allow me to edit my post, and also leave some love in the gallery.

Thank you