Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

allyanne 02-20-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyBelle (Post 1063037955)
Just popping in to say that I've made 10 posts but still can't comment in the gallery so feel really bad as I've posted the link to my first layout in the forum to get some love and now I can't leave any love!

I am not hassling - I know that everybody has lives outside of the internet so please don't think I'm nagging - just don't want people thinking that I'm taking all the love and not giving it!

No worries! Welcome to SSD! I look forward to seeing you around and more of your pages in the gallery.

angelw8660 02-24-2021 08:55 AM

I am unable to attach any images to my posts.

njones 02-24-2021 02:20 PM

Hi I am new and looking forward to playing the Birthday Games eventhough I am late to the party..lol

goozeberry_p 02-26-2021 08:50 PM

Hi Everyone!
I am new here, and trying to jump back in to Digital Scrapbooking after a VERY LONG hiatus. But, just like I am a wimp about jumping in the pool, I am SLOWLY dipping my toes in.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!

SunnyLeslie 03-01-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goozeberry_p (Post 1063039744)
Hi Everyone!
I am new here, and trying to jump back in to Digital Scrapbooking after a VERY LONG hiatus. But, just like I am a wimp about jumping in the pool, I am SLOWLY dipping my toes in.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!

Hey! The main thing is that there is a desire. I'm new to scrapbooking, but in real life I work as a designer, I work at Corel Drow. I came to this forum to learn something new, to master a new approach.

Kimberly27 03-01-2021 09:32 AM

Welcome to all the new ladies! :)

craftytam 03-01-2021 05:31 PM

Welcome, ladies!!

Amber Dixon 03-01-2021 05:45 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies! Looking forward to seeing you around and getting to know you!

StacyLynn 03-01-2021 08:21 PM

Welcome ladies!!!

cherrygutz 03-01-2021 09:19 PM

Welcome, ladies!!!

lynel 03-08-2021 12:54 AM

Hi all, I came over from the shoppe looking for some information. I searched the forum looking to see if anyone was using their iPad to scrap and didn't find a post on it. Does anyone know if the kits can be used on an iPad?

cherrygutz 03-08-2021 03:24 PM

Hi lynel, welcome to Sweet Shoppe. Not many people here use ipad to scrapbook, but yes, you can use the kits to scrapbook on your ipad using the Affinity app, if you're also using the project life app, you can also use the journal cards there. Here are some of the facebook groups that I belong to, which can help you a lot: App Scrappers - Affinity Photo, App Scrapers - Over And Above. Hope this helps :)

craftytam 03-08-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynel (Post 1063041121)
Hi all, I came over from the shoppe looking for some information. I searched the forum looking to see if anyone was using their iPad to scrap and didn't find a post on it. Does anyone know if the kits can be used on an iPad?

Welcome!! I know there are ladies who do use their iPads, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any names! I believe jpgs can be opened on an iPad, but I'm not sure about png files.

justpattyanne 03-08-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1063037188)
Hi Yvonne, Patty Anne & Danika! I just finished upgrading all of your accounts so you can jump into the fun! So happy to have you here. Let us know if you need anything <3

Thank you, Robin! I'm in, leaving love and sharing art. It only took me over 10 years of stalking to finally join in the forum and gallery. But I've been wearing out the shoppe on the regular! :p I'm looking forward to getting lots more inspiration!

lynel 03-08-2021 11:02 PM

Thanks so much for the response, I just wanted to make sure before I tried to import them over there. I have PS on my iPad and laptop so I was just curious how seamless it would be.

SunnyLeslie 03-10-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynel (Post 1063041121)

How convenient will it be to work on a tablet? I'm just so used to working at a computer that it's hard to imagine another workspace. Moreover, I recently moved from a laptop to a stationary computer and looking at my work on the big screen is a completely different story! I decided to take a gaming monitor, because their task is just color rendition and image detail. Chose the BenQ monitor for this review. For its affordable price, it received an excellent image quality.

lynel 03-10-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyLeslie (Post 1063041267)
How convenient will it be to work on a tablet?

I have an iPad Pro, I can wirelessly send the photos to it straight from my camera. All my editing stuff is on my iPad so for me it’s just convenient. Plus I like the idea of being able to journal in my own handwriting.

I actually haven’t used PS on a computer in a long time that I can’t remember what all the differences are. But there are differences in features.

I also haven’t scrapped in a long time :blink: and mainly wanted to get elements to use in my digi planner I use in GoodNotes. Which works btw I tried it out last night. :thumbup:

LilyRose 03-16-2021 12:56 PM

Is there a way to search only items on sale in the shoppe?

SunnyLeslie 03-18-2021 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynel (Post 1063041275)
I have an iPad Pro, I can wirelessly send the photos to it straight from my camera. All my editing stuff is on my iPad so for me it’s just convenient. Plus I like the idea of being able to journal in my own handwriting.

I actually haven’t used PS on a computer in a long time that I can’t remember what all the differences are. But there are differences in features.

I also haven’t scrapped in a long time :blink: and mainly wanted to get elements to use in my digi planner I use in GoodNotes. Which works btw I tried it out last night. :thumbup:

I do not know all the functionality of the graphics editor on the iPad. If you have enough functionality, that's very good.

chocolatea 03-19-2021 08:40 AM

Thanks for having me here! I can now share the things I love.

staceysmiley 04-20-2021 05:04 PM

So excited to be part of the community! :)

StacSmiley

craftytam 04-20-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceysmiley (Post 1063044771)
So excited to be part of the community! :)

StacSmiley

Welcome, Stacey!!

may 05-02-2021 02:04 PM

Looking for a 2021 graduation kit

Good morning designer ladies! I am in desperate need of a high school graduation kit that incorporates my daughter's high school colors: red, white and black. I live in Hawaii and her school's graduation attire is unique because they use white floral gowns and haku leis instead of your cap and gown. I am hoping for an elegant kit with realistic looking flower lei elements/ clusters I can use for borders or frames. I am really hoping one of your great designers is up for the challenge. Thanks in advance!

wendyp 05-03-2021 05:21 AM

Robin could you activate this account please
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...8&postcount=18

Tree City 05-03-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may (Post 1063047017)
Good morning designer ladies! I am in desperate need of a high school graduation kit that incorporates my daughter's high school colors: red, white and black. I live in Hawaii and her school's graduation attire is unique because they use white floral gowns and haku leis instead of your cap and gown. I am hoping for an elegant kit with realistic looking flower lei elements/ clusters I can use for borders or frames. I am really hoping one of your great designers is up for the challenge. Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your daughter's graduation! Here are some ideas, but maybe if you post your question in its own thread, other people may see it and have more ideas.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...DLEpreview.jpg
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...le-preview.jpg
If you use the store's Search function, there are quite a few Hawaii-themed kits. I love the Around the World collections by Amanda Yi and WendyP; here's their HI bundle:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...dlepreview.jpg
Not sure if this is the correct red?
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...ana-bundle.jpg

mcmoran 05-28-2021 05:45 PM

Hello,

I am new here, sort of: I actually joined years ago, but have only ever lurked (apart from posting one layout to the gallery in 2014!). Anyway, decided it was time to delurk, and maybe start posting...

Kimberly27 05-28-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmoran (Post 1063049938)
Hello,

I am new here, sort of: I actually joined years ago, but have only ever lurked (apart from posting one layout to the gallery in 2014!). Anyway, decided it was time to delurk, and maybe start posting...

Welcome back :wub:

EmStafrace 07-01-2021 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmoran (Post 1063049938)
Hello,

Well that was a nice surprise to click on your gallery and find a page using my collection! Wow and what a wonderful story too! Welcome back into the SSD fold, I hope you’ll scrap some more now that you’re delurking hehe :)

ad77 07-03-2021 03:57 PM

Hi, I swear I´m a real person:-).

ad77 07-05-2021 08:10 AM

can i ask for full access to the forum, pretty please, I´d like to edit my challenge post and I´m not allowed to. thank you;-)

Pachimac 07-19-2021 12:18 AM

I'm not a new member, but I don't have permission to make Gallery comments at all. How long/what do we have to do to be able to post comments in the gallery?

Pachimac 07-19-2021 12:21 AM

Oh, I think I figured it out. I've been lurking and using the products, but I have not been posting in the community much. I only have 9 posts. I guess I have to post a little more then, huh? :) I just bought a new kit "Unspoken Words", so I'll get going being more of a participant!

craftytam 07-19-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachimac (Post 1063055061)
Oh, I think I figured it out. I've been lurking and using the products, but I have not been posting in the community much. I only have 9 posts. I guess I have to post a little more then, huh? :) I just bought a new kit "Unspoken Words", so I'll get going being more of a participant!

Hey Susan! I'm so happy to see you here! You're at 10 posts now, so you should be able to comment.

craftytam 07-19-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad77 (Post 1063053894)
can i ask for full access to the forum, pretty please, I´d like to edit my challenge post and I´m not allowed to. thank you;-)

Once you have 10 comments, you should have full access :)

Kellymr 07-28-2021 08:57 AM

Hi everyone, I am Kelly. I was a member probably 10 years ago under a different name, which I can't even remember now LOL. I decided to start scrapping again after seeing the hundreds and hundreds of photos sitting on my computer and phone.

Having a blast doing my layouts but have much to learn in Photoshop. Does anyone know any great tutorials? The ones here on the site seem dated. I am using PS 2021.

Thanks for having me back.

mywisecrafts 08-20-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellymr (Post 1063055908)
Hi everyone, I am Kelly. I was a member probably 10 years ago under a different name, which I can't even remember now LOL. I decided to start scrapping again after seeing the hundreds and hundreds of photos sitting on my computer and phone.

Having a blast doing my layouts but have much to learn in Photoshop. Does anyone know any great tutorials? The ones here on the site seem dated. I am using PS 2021.

Welcome back!!! Is there anything in particular you are looking to learn or just overall?

EvelynD2 09-17-2021 09:35 PM

Hello! I am new here and am happy to be here!

Kiana 09-17-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Welcome!!!:wub:
What do you need help with!!!??

Kiana 09-17-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvelynD2 (Post 1063064722)
Hello! I am new here and am happy to be here!

Well hey!!!!!:wub:

craftytam 09-18-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Hi Kelly! Welcome back. I hope you're enjoying getting some of those photos scrapped!